• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Siege Battlefest, Return to the Fun

Will you be willing to agree to a fun week, with less looting?

• I will not agree to the rules for the event

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dear Siege Players, PvP'ers as well as non PvP'ers.
Will you be willing help me making an even, meant is to bringing the fun back on Siege?
New post added about the event: http://stratics.com/community/threa...ne-siege-battlefest-return-to-the-fun.340509/
I make this one as a poll, where your vote will be visuel to know who agree and who disargree, you can changes your vote if you changes opinion.

The goels for the event is:
1. Bringing old Siege players back
2. Making new players try out Siege
3. Getting rid of old hate, just for a week
4. Getting players out of hiding
5. Making the players, PvP'ers as well as non PvP'ers dress up for PvP and not running in crap and die in 3 sec.
6. Remove dry looting and heavy looting
7. Less cheap tactics to win on any cost
8 All in all, bringeing the fun back

Now here is my idea.

The event will be in special zones:
VvV Battle towns
Old Dungeons in Felucca
Termur /Abyss
The Sea
Around player shops

The zones are places where a vew battle will effect the way of looting. That include thief actions.

The looting will work this way, each player carry a bag, light yellow, in the backpack, he place something in it for the winner to loot. Thieves can steal from this yellow bag and if they die, they will only lose their yellow bag

What is in the bag is up to the players. If he die alot, he may only add something good once a day if he can't afford more

A PvM'er may use it as his loot bag, and if killed, the winner get all he looted from monsters.

A Crafter may drop some crafted stuff in it, could be a suit with room for more imbuing, or anything else, he use to sell on his vendor.

I'm sure a PvP'er can find something too or use a yellow bag he looted from someone else.

One thing more, a book, the winner can write a note in and sign. As books are bugged, when using both EC and CC, always start on a new page and use short phrase in EC to make it readable for all.

If I can get support for this idea, I will make a post on U.Hall with the invatation and ask you all help me dropping books with the text both on Siege and on other shards.

If we can do itr, June 1th would be the day to start the week.

Thanks all

Last edited:

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds Great, I'm in - could be great fun and help bring back some retired vets and some new blood to shard.

-Lore

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just need to get rid of a large pile of harpsichord rolls. No one's going to loot them unless everyone has to loot yellow packs and I put them in a yellow pack.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure many need them, if you need a harpsichord to go with them in the yellow bag, I may donate one, if I can find one not blessed or you may write in the book, that they should ask for it, when you are ressed as it is blessed.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I voted.

Unless you get a certain red rage-logging guild onboard, it won´t work though.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will try my best, I may success that :p
I will try to cast a spell on both them and GIL :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Don't be so shy, let me see some votes, sho I know if this is possible. I know, Things sometimes goes crazy, I also know, it will be hard to get the word out to all, not sure if our EM will be allowed to help with that via the ingame News system or a few locked down books at the banks.
If you don't want to vote in a public poll, just send me a PM and at least I will know.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've been killed a few times, but never had anything looted but gold and band aids. May be because I am still relatively new, but this newbie hasn't seen horrible mass looting.

Even when Silent (has he come back since his rage quit?) was killed at the triple IDOC location, the FYOU folks left his suit outside of his corpse (still sitting in my bank if you want it silent) so it wouldn't disappear when his corpse did.

-Val'lyn

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Usually people only carry one valuable item around - and they bless it. Richer folks also get blessed spellbooks for up to 30 sdi. The rest is something easy replaceable, it can be costly to craft or take some rng attempts, but not too much. This results in nothing being usually looted - the killer simply does not need all the junk the victim had on the corpse, except the standard consumables and resources like bandies, gold, pots, bags of sending. Resources off killed miners, jacks and leather hunters are hard to carry and those guys usually use bags of sending.
And off newbs - you can't really get much, don't you agree? Only to annoy people around you can simply destroy these items or stash them as your trophies.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
LOL I think you need to look at the PvP'ers suits, yes I have my bow blessed, but my **** was not cheap to make and I also have a non blessed quiever and a second weapon. Alot PvP'ers do have more expensive stuff than me.

You can fine kell monsters in a lesser suit, just not go for to hard mobs. In, PvP, if you want to kill, you need good gear and good PvP skill (I'm working on that part).

The reason I try to make this event is, we do have cases of dry looting, however it is between a few guilds and lucky it do not hurt young Siege players, who do not join this guilds. We are moving in the right direction, so let this event be a way to celebrate it.

Yes players may die more but I hope we all can have a fun week.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dry loot people, but only the ones I feel deserve it.

A death should be a death, not just a five minute annoyance. Just my opinion of course.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It was easy, when a GM suit would do in PvP, now if you lose your hat, the whole suit is ruined, or at least the resist are. Maybe easy but a pain :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm moving this thread up. I have not given up the idea, but I had throught more would show their opinion and join the debat to make a better chance for this event to work, as we need to work together to make this possible.
I do know, inviting old Siege Players back from other shard may end up in this kind of heavy looting we had seen the last days and go total against the idea for this event.
I would like to hear opinions from the players, from the players, who feel heavy looting are a part of their playstyle and if they are willing to take a weeks break from their normal looting style.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Freja, a semi related note, but something to keep in mind is that Siege, for whatever reason, ACTIVELY uses Stratics. It is absolutely the second most active shard forum, and some days possibly the top one. However, participation on shard forums among some prodo shards is all over the board. For instance, I know many Legends players and most of them play every single day. Yet only myself and one of those players have made any real effort to use the shard forum in WEEKS. Point being, if you are trying to get input from players recently transferred from other shard, they may not be in habit of posting in shard forums. I would suggest announcing the poll from time to time in GC to bring it to those player's attention. Just my two coppers....

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like good times, I'm on at odd hours and depending I'm not in any of the zones, possible exception of Ter Mur, but if I'm around I'm up for it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hi All

Inviting to the battle weeks is posted on UHall, but was not alloed there so now it is here:
http://stratics.com/community/threa...ne-siege-battlefest-return-to-the-fun.340509/

I was allowed to make a post with link on UHall, so I hope that will work and draw some players to our shard

I hope you all will help making this a fun week, no matter if you believe it is possible or not. I also hope you will help me spread the words.

Last edited: