• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Sickest Archers' Suit ever

J

[JD]

I'm on a quest to create the sickest (stealth) archer suit ever, optimized for damage output but also able to take a slight beating.

The Must-haves in the suit are:

• Must use either Faction Mace & Shield or Spirit of Totem for the head slot. I prefer M&S due to HLD, but currently using SOT.
  • 50+ SSI (40 on Bow) (prefer 60SSI if possible, but not really w/o insane legs of tinker or daimyo helm)
  • 180+ STA
  • Capped resists
  • 40+ DCI (Prefer more obviously but I’m a stealther so it’s not absolutely necessary)
  • 45 HCI
  • Reasonable LMC and +Mana (all my bows have Mana Leech btw)
  • 100 DI (Trying to move this off my bow and onto my suit)
  • All pieces must be mediable (so as to only require 75 stealth)
  • It may use any combination of Faction artifacts, Heartwood (w/mage armor property), Barbed, or Horned.
  • SUIT must not cost more than 10-15 mil, so that means as few enhancements as possible which could cause breakage

I’ve found some interesting things (which you probably already know, being veteran imbuers)

1) Although it sounds "sick" for a stealth archer with all that SSI, dex, and +stealth the assassins' suit is turning out to be a no-go because it will come nowhere near 180 STA. Disappointing, I was looking forward to using it...

2) Using any more than 2 faction armor artifacts seems to be a no-go as I’ll again miss hitting the 180 STA mark. It seems to hit 180+ sta I need to be able to imbue at least 4 pieces of my armor each with 8 STA. Or is there some artifact which gives massive STA which I haven’t considered and SHOULD?

3) Since I seem limited to 2 armor artifacts to reach my goals, and I’ve already decided that I’ll use either Mace & Shield or Spirit of Totem (although I prefer M&S for the HLD for PVP), (Daimyo’s is the only other headgear I’d consider so I could get 60 SSI), what is the 2nd armor artifact I should pair up with it? Or should I simply go with 5 imbued pieces of armor instead?

So far I’m having the best luck with 5 imbued pieces of armor. I’m able to have:

50 SSI, 186 STA, 40 DCI, 45 HCI, capped resists, 40 LMC, +39 Mana, 4 mana regen, 4 sta regen

But can I make this BETTER (without enhancing and breaking the bank)?

Here’s what I’ve come up with on my first pass, thus far. Thanks for suggestions

Head: Mace & Shield
Neck: Imbued Heartwood Gorget, Mage Armor, 5 HCI, 7 mana, 8 sta, 8 lmc *(Human wearing Faction earrings to wear Elf Armor)*
Arms: Barbed arms, 8 mana/sta/lmc, imbue 1 resist to max, STA Regen 2
Chest: Barbed chest, 8 mana/sta/lmc, imbue 1 resist to max, STA Regen 2
Leg: Barbed legs, 8 mana/sta/lmc, imbue 1 resist to max, Mana Regen 2
Hand: Barbed hands, 8 mana/sta/lmc, imbue 1 resist to max, Mana Regen 2
Ring: 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 5 SSI, 3 Dex
Bracelet: 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 5 SSI, 3 Dex
Talisman: Faction Primer of Arms
Waist: Faction Crimmy
Weapon: 40 SSI and 20 DI (OR, 0 DI and I can turn 2 armor pieces into heartwood with DI and enhance- will just cause extra expense due to breakage)
Back: Quiver of Infinity
Robe: Conjurer’s Robe for DCI or Cloak of Silence for +10 stealth

J

[JD]

Bueler..bueler? Nobody has any suggestions on artifacts or imbuing tweaks to make this better?

D

Diggity

My thoughts:

DI on weapon takes only 1 imbue for 50. On jewels it takes 2 slots.

Unless you are on origin, you can imbue Daimyo's and Pugilist gloves with 8 stam increase. Could get to 198 stam with these. Not sure what happens when the publish hits tho. Even if you don't use these, I'd find a way to get +25 dex on the suit.

Faction rune beetle carapace has (slightly) more of the mods you want than an imbued chest piece.

I don't really use wood armor that much, but it doesn't seem like the 1.4 weight penalty for mage armor property is worth using just to get the 5 HCI.

I don't know how to get 5 ssi on a bracelet. What are you planning on using here? Thanks.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know to go about making your suit, but I do have a suggestion. There are invasion bows still around that can have high SSI. I have one right now with 45% SSI and I think it can even be enhanced but I'm not sure. There is also the dryad bow with 50% SSI but I don't know if pvpers use it or not. Good luck with your suit. :)

J

[JD]

My thoughts:

DI on weapon takes only 1 imbue for 50. On jewels it takes 2 slots.

Unless you are on origin, you can imbue Daimyo's and Pugilist gloves with 8 stam increase. Could get to 198 stam with these. Not sure what happens when the publish hits tho. Even if you don't use these, I'd find a way to get +25 dex on the suit.

Faction rune beetle carapace has (slightly) more of the mods you want than an imbued chest piece.

I don't really use wood armor that much, but it doesn't seem like the 1.4 weight penalty for mage armor property is worth using just to get the 5 HCI.

I don't know how to get 5 ssi on a bracelet. What are you planning on using here? Thanks.
Thanks for the thoughts Shelly/Diggity

One of my bows is an invasion crossbow with 45 SSI, imbued to 1 DI, Balanced, Hit Mana Leech, HLD 30, and like hit fireball 14 or something.

Something I didn't know when I bought that bow was that the SSI cap is 60. So the rest of my bows will still require 10 SSI rings and either the Daimyo or the insane tinker legs. And so the intensity on that xbow is "wasted" in that it is overcapped, I'd be better with a 40 SSI ash enhanced bow.

Not to mention they are only 450 weight. So... that's too bad, it seems invasion bows are really nice for someone who isn't maxxed out, but if you plan on maxxing out (60SSI) you're probably better off with a crafted and ash enhanced 40 SSI bow.

Diggity very good point about DI taking only 1 slot to get it to 50 on the weap, but takes 2 jewel slots. I think it will really come down to do I need the ring mod or the weapon mod more.

I'm liking this on my bows: 40 SSI, 50 DI, Balanced, Hit Mana Leech, Hit Fireball (or Hit Area for spawning). Then I just need faction primer and Stormgrip to get to 95 DI. If I rock the Daimyo and Pug gloves though that leaves me at at 85 and I'll have to get that 15 from somewhere.

Good point about RBC, it has so much of what I need it's probably worth keeping for the intensity. My main worry was getting enough STA to get to 180, but if I do the Daimyo or Pug gloves that won't be an issue... I'll mess around with the spreadsheet and see what happens. I hope there won't be a revert.

I'm not sure how bad the lack of 5 HCI would hurt me either. If it is a straight 5% loss in hit chances or what...

G

Gelf

Curious, i'm not sure on this but didn't one of the dev's post(a couple years ago)that SSI didn't stack but cross multiplied like HLD( I believe the post had to do with the assassin's armor set). Yet i've seen this posted frequently about stacking SSI, was this changed or something?

edit: k just checked on test and SSI does seem to stack, my memory must be playin tricks on me i Guess

B

Busters

either way it would not matter about the swing speed, because that stam will make up for it, so pick one or the other. You can only swing a wep so fast and having over 180 stam and 40 ssi is overkill. Yes it will keep you faster for a while, but you can put mods other places for better use and just chug refresh pots on an archer. I am not sure what the calculation is exactly anymore, maybe someone has the chart still around here for ssi and stam and the max you need.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All archery weapons were slowed down long ago to balance archers with the other classes. Any amount of SSI and stamina is an improvement. Even at 60 SSI and 240 stamina the crossbow and heavy are not at 1.25 seconds. Archers can never get enough because it is the swing speed that determines how often a leech or damage occurs as well as the frequency of hitting for HLD or HLA relative to the percentage. So if you shoot for HLD and HLA at 50% then you need two shots to stick that on your target. Two swings basically for an archer and that is slow.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php

-Lorax

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ring: 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 5 SSI, 3 Dex
Bracelet: 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 5 SSI, 3 Dex
I think every archer is drooling over those Tinker legs and trying to figure out how to adjust their suite for 60 SSI. The trade-off with the Mace and Shield for an archer is how many shots in the smallest amount of time it will take to hit their target for the 8 seconds of HLD.

Say you have 50% on your weapon then it takes two shots for "a random guarantee" HLD. If you have 80% HLD you still may not get the target affected by HLD without two shots. Plus, if the target is PVP and has excessive DCI then your HLD is useless. It wouldn't do you any good to go to 50 SSI unless your stamina is bouncing all over the place during combat (probably does).

So, if 50% HLD takes two shots at 1.75 s (60 SSI) = 3.5s to expect HLD affected target. Now, if you had mace and shield with 80 HLD and 40 SSI then likely two shots at about 4 seconds. So the HLD takes longer to apply onto the opponent regardless of the percentage above 50%. This means you have 0.5 s longer that the target does not have HLD affect.

Now, once the HLD is applied to the target the target will receive four shots where the HLD will have no additional affect on the target. In these shots you are trying to leech and damage your target. You want now to leech as much and damage as high as possible in as short amount of time. My guess is unless you can get HLD to 100% that swing speed increase to 60 % will have a larger attack impact overall during the combat and so I recommend not using the mace and shield.

If you rely on the glasses for 30 HLD and none on your weapon then you will take four shots to "random guarantee" of the HLD applied to the target. PVP archers should have at least 50% HLD if necessary during combat.

data:
@180 stamina and crossbow
SSI 30 / 40 / 50 / 55 / 60
2.25 s/2.0 s/2.0 s/1.75 s/1.75 s

In regard to the ring, the SSI is weighted as 5*3.52=18. Imbuing 3 dex on each piece is a waste. I recommend just imbuing 7 dex on one of them. You could put either dex, int, or lmc on the ring of course.

As was said earlier it was a mistake to list 5% SSI on the bracelet. Right? You can put 15/15/25/7 dex for an imbued weight of 436. If you also added INT or LMC then 15/15/25/6 DEX/5 (INT or LMC) for a weight of 491.

Conclusion: It looks like from the weapons page estimating swing delay that 55 SSI does just as good as 60 SSI at 180 stamina. You could either use the turquoise ring and helm or legs or both with bows at 30 SSI. Or, you could use some combination of SSI items to get you at least 55 SSI. The Mace and Shield glasses may not have as great of an affect as SSI.

Seems like you know what to do on your suit and you need to make the combination choice out of your resources available. Good luck.

-Lorax

S

Stupid Miner

Forget 60 SSI, it's always redundant with 55 SSI. There's never a difference between the two.

http://www.woosworld.net/uo/pub40ssi/

And just to reiterate: Imbued Gloves of the Pugilist have + 8 Stam, +8 Dex +15 DI and 18 Phys resist

Spirit of Totem has a much higher total property weight than Mace and Shields

... and use dex potions if you're below 150

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I'm looking at for my archer is relative to +25 SSI on the armor and ring. Then my bow can be 55-25=30 SSI. What this means for my direction is to imbue my bow to 20 SSI and max in all the rest of the properties and then enhance with ash to get the bow to 30 SSI. This would maximize my speed and other properties could be hightened in my bows. I will do some testing on the test shard, but maybe the ash enhance success chance for a 20 SSI bow would be improved.

I want those legs.

-Lorax

J

[JD]

Forget 60 SSI, it's always redundant with 55 SSI. There's never a difference between the two.

http://www.woosworld.net/uo/pub40ssi/
Miner,

Although there is little DPS difference between 55SSI/180 STA and 60SSI/180 STA when it comes to the Xbow, when I use the stratics weapon calculator the regular "bow" goes from 37 to 44 DPS with that small change from 55 to 60SSI.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php

That could be huge, ability to mortal and para someone on one fast (1.5 sec delay) bow while doing sick damage...

... Or is the stratics calc wrong, or the SSI delay charts wrong?

DOH, I thought there was also a turqoise bracelet but it appears No! That means the only way to obtain 60 SSI is the assassins suit (in which case your STA goes in the dumper!) or the insane tinker legs which we don't know much about yet.

---

Good point about the HLD, but I will probably not imbue 50% HLD on a weapon. Reason being you never know if someone is overcapped and I would hate to sacrafice all that intensity on a weapon to something which might have no effect. I can add other useful things to my bows and then mace and shield offers some nice utility/intensity along with the bonus of a possible HLD after a couple shots (or if the RNG smiles upon me)

I think at this point, depending if I can fit it into my suit without totally gimping myself this is the order I would look at:

Daimyo: For SSI/STA bonus (unless somehow I luck into Insane tinker legs)
M&S: For HLD & decent intensity
Totem: For high intensity and utility

I appreciate the replies and alternative views. It's giving me ideas and letting me know I'm on the right track, plus letting me know where I'm wrong so I don't make an EXPENSIVE (ie imbue suit and then realize I forgot something) mistake!

Cheers

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts:

<snip>

I guess the Jade Armband [replica] has 10% HCI, 10% DCI, 5% SSI, 20% poison resist.

That must have came out in my downtime. It can be imbued on the test center after patch 65 with 15 HCI/DCI.

So I'm looking at 55 SSI for my archer (lorax) on these parts
10 - Daimyo's helm w/ imbue 8 stamina
10 - animated legs of Insane Tinker
5 - Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation
5 - turquoise ring
5 - jade armband
10 - weapon imbued
10 - weapon enhance

This should allow me to make better weapons. My plan has 150 dex and 182 stamina.

I have 100 DI planned too
neck, tunic , arms heartwood 3*10 DI
tinker legs have 10 DI
gloves of pugilist 15 imbued with 8 mana
conjurer's trinket 20 DI
turquoise ring imbued with 25 DI

This suit will be way low in DCI at around 30 unless I get a garb and figure something else out. HCI looks to be around 25, which probably is fine for an abc archer. LMC is currently looking at 33.

-Lorax

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This post is kinda old, and no ones mentioned legs of the insane tinker are PLATE. So... good luck using them on a stealth archer. This might have been the devs intention to balance out classes a bit.

S

Stupid Miner

This post is kinda old, and no ones mentioned legs of the insane tinker are PLATE. So... good luck using them on a stealth archer. This might have been the devs intention to balance out classes a bit.
No need for luck, you can stealth with 1 piece of plate on just fine. Im sure some more experienced stealther can tell you what the exact skill level needed for that is.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i your right, i guess i was just thinking of when i played a stealth archer i always just used minimum stealth, and used smokebombs if revealed. I know most dont use over 100 stealth. Is this enough? I guess i can always throw stealth back on my archer and find out for myself haha, but i only use him now for pvm event fights where most people would die.