• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter in its final 24 hours

dswofford

Portalarium Team
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hear ye, hear ye! Shroud of the Avatar is now inside the final 24 hours of its Kickstarter campaign. If you haven’t backed this fantasy RPG product from Richard Garriott, you still have time at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0. If you want to back, but not via Kickstarter, you can also use the PayPal payment service at www.ShroudoftheAvatar.com. We continue to add new bonus options to Shroud of the Avatar and there are many ways to pledge so please link to either site, back and get involved in the development of Richard Garriott’s new fantasy RPG. The Kickstarter closes at 10 a.m. Central time (in Texas), Sunday April 7.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for stopping in David! We are so excited for everyone and congratulations on meeting so many milestones already!

dswofford

Portalarium Team
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks to all our fans on Stratics...we've just recently passed the $1.6 million mark for SotA. We are looking forward to working more with one of the great Ultima/LB/RPG communities.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What a journey! Good luck during the last few hours. :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

$1.7M passed. I upped from $30 to $50 a bit earlier and have been watching the team get a bit... tipsy.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had some problem with 2 of my debit cards, but the prepaid card i bought worked perfectly for the 500$ i made :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wow! Nice support. :)

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty, just cant wait to get in and start playing :)

Krellian

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just wanted to clarify if I heard this right: In the 31 May dev hangout, was Richard saying that donators will no longer be able to have tax free housing after that day?

Also: if I donate $550 - do I get the benefits from the tiers that come before the "Citizen" tier? For example, creating an in-game NPC in the $450 tier - or having your name on a tombstone in game.

Last edited:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. I believe if you've already donated during the Kickstarter, you still have time to up your level of donation and gain the "tax free" housing. But if you donated afterwards, then you don;t get the "early bird" rewards, but will get rewards based on the upcoming charts.

2. Yes, the rewards are cumulative. HERE is the chart.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Building the dev team in order to make the game. The Kickstarter was to get an initial funding so that the game and company wouldn;t have to be put under the distribution banner of an EA, Vivendi, or whomever. It was done so that they could self-distribute and thus allow the game to be developed by their own rules and standards instead of external "suits". RG stated in various interviews that his greatest work has been when he's had free reign and the worst when he's been forced to abide by the "higher ups".