• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show Some Crafting Rooms! :D

A

-A-T-L-

Im decorating my house and I have tried to make my crafting rooms look good but its not working out that well with the floor layout and what not. If I could get some ideas to work with that'd be awesome :D thanks guys!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are my current crafting rooms in my keep.

This was my crafting floor in my old house. I really liked the bamboo screens as partitions between each area. Actually, there should be one more screen between each area (3 screens separating each area, instead of two).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have little crafting corners, not particularly elaborate, but here they are, such as they are. At least my smith has some water to 'quench'

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my sweatshop...uh I mean crafting room. I have the extra spinning wheels so I can have a ball of yarn being made constantly...by the time I click the 3rd spinning wheel, the first has stopped and ready to click again. I don't really need the 2 looms but one is doing a poor job of covering up the hearth of the homefire chimney sticking through the floor, and having 2 of them just goes with the high production theme of the spinning wheels. :D

Here is the crafting room in a house I designed for someone else.

-Skylark

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im decorating my house and I have tried to make my crafting rooms look good but its not working out that well with the floor layout and what not. If I could get some ideas to work with that'd be awesome :D thanks guys!
LOL not sure how much crafting you wish to do but this is my room and what I can do in it:

All tailor, bods, smith, tinker, inscription, weaving, fletching, clothing, carpentry, alchemist skills from the one spot without needing to move a step. I can access the sacrificial alter (bin), my salvage bag, the anvil is in the corner under the fern, the hearth functions as a smelt, if I need a loom or spinning wheel I just 'erect' when needed and put back in the spinning box when done, all regs, resources from arcanes, to leather, to wood, to ingots are available and just a step access all the dye tubs.

I craft a LOT as I sell all craftable goods at my shop. Not quite what you maybe looking for however, this is a working room, not a deco room, but from the outside as you can see all is neat and tidy but all trades are accessed from the one spot. And yes, it is that little spot in the middle of the pic, lol, and I havent opened all the bags and boxes, those are just the ones I am standing directly in front of.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eeep...I think I may go blind now Miss Echo. :p

I do the same thing though, in terms of not having to move when crafting, it is just more efficient. I have a decorated large porch on my main house, and on the porch by the stable I have a small forge and anvil with ingots and bits locked down decoratively. However, I have small pouches tucked in among the deco. The pouches have chests containing my resources inside, engraved and in order by metal type, and wood type. I have chests with the special gems, leather, and tree resources as well. My crafting talisman are similarly arranged by type and intensity. It is a setup that has worked very well for me.

-Skylark

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL yes well when I first started UO I had a tailor room and a smith room and a carpenter room, and an alchemy room etc etc. I found I was running from room to room to put stuff or resources away after fighting, and often needed things from dif rooms to do one project and much of my time was spent running looking for stuff from room to room. This was a pain.

So while I think it is great to 'deco' rooms to look like craft rooms you don't necessarily have to do the crafting in them. I have everything I need in one spot so as shown above all my crafts are accessible from that one spot, and on the other half of that floor I have a chest and box for each of my characters around the walls which hold all their character specific stuff, like swords for my pally, and bows for my archers etc. So if I am out fighting and find an item I think will be good for one of my other chars I dump it in their box when I return for them. I only need access that first room to get anything I need to craft or fight.

The rest of my place is pure deco, or 'personal' stuff like momentos, 'dress up' stuff like aos clothing etc. I also have an armory, where all my 'spare' armor goes, and a 'jewellery room' where all my spare jewellery is stored. These rooms are close together so that when building suits either for one of my chars or a guildies char everything is in one space for 'fitting' out.

It works really well and is pretty efficient. All my chests are labeled so that I need not spend time remembering what is in what.

This is my armory and is set up pretty much as my craft area, each box is labeled so I have a stack of Medable LRC armor, Medable armor, Luck armor and non med armor, divided into hats, gorgets, gloves, arms, tunics, legs in each stack. It makes it so easy for finding stuff, plus means that your not wasting time looking in jumbled containers of mixed stuff when you want to do something.

You wonder why I play KR, and before that 3D. Well storing and sorting in 2d is woeful in those tiny backpacks!

I often 'shudder' when I do pick up stuff from idocs at how people store stuff and wonder how on earth they ever find anything. :wall: