• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should EA post a schedule for event phases in advance?

Should EA post an event schedule for event phases?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should EA post a schedule for event phases in advance?

I realize that posting a schedule for an entire story arc would would take the mystery out of the event, what I am suggesting is that for each phase of an event we get 1-2 days warning of the actual start with a date/time for the start and end of that phase.

This information should also be clearly visible in the startup screen of UO so that every player gets a chance to see the information.

Example:

Slain Council Quest: Starting XX/XX 12:34est to XX/XX 12:34est.
or...
Spring Cleaning will end XX/XX 12:34est.

Why do I want to see this information? I'm not big on "grinding." This is a game, not a job. I shouldn't feel "pressure" to complete quests and events because I never know how long they will last. I shouldn't miss the start of an event because I didn't happen to be online at the exact moment and location of the beginning.

It's not that EA doesn't inform us of upcoming events, but their own website often is behind in providing information even when an event has already started. I shouldn't be depending on Stratics for information on a game that I pay to play. EA has that responsibility.

I have a job and a life... I don't have 12hrs in a day to spend grinding all my chars through a quest to get their rewards. I do pay for this game and feel that it's not asking too much to know a schedule in advance so that I can apportion my time to get my rewards and enjoy other aspects of the game.

Having said that, I'll try and make a poll here but never done that so here goes...

Thank you for taking time to consider this and reply.

R

RenaLynne

Yes, I think so. What I dont understand is why when there is a new quest or event, people act like its a secret. Also, they would be able to shorten the events and procede in the storyline faster instead of dragging it out for months/weeks.

T

Tazar

Yes, I think so. What I dont understand is why when there is a new quest or event, people act like its a secret. Also, they would be able to shorten the events and procede in the storyline faster instead of dragging it out for months/weeks.
From speaking with the Developers at Town Hall meetings, etc., I think that they are intentionally trying to make events that last a minimum of two to three weeks. This is to give all of the players a chance to participate - no matter what their work, travel, or other plans may be.