• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shocking view... in the right spot... but the WRONG shard.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm sorry its not a better picture and I'm sure it would be impossible to see it again... like a ghost in a photo taken in the real world. :)

My home shard is Atlantic… and in the first clearing North-East from the Yew graveyard... you can find my little town. All you have to do is look at my signature to see a little cartoon of the 6 buildings in the clearing. I was on the Izumo shard... running along (for whatever reason) with a new tamer I'm working on. Every shard I ever explore, I tend to check out this same clearing to see what other players have set up. Normally, its a castle. I really wasnt paying much attention when I ran in to (physically ran in to) my mall building. The center/north most building marked in the picture. The rough-looking building with the spikes on the roof really IS on Izumo. To the left of my mall building is the tiny Garden Center. To the right, part of the First Church of Candy. Missing, clearly, all decorations however including doors.

Again, I have never seen this before... outside YEARS ago... I used to see this fairly constantly in the center of the Juka infested city in Ilsh. Not sure what the real name is called... but you pass through it to get to the centaur spawn with the serpentine dragon. That one, when I spotted it, was suspended well over head. Maybe that was 7+ years ago? I guess whatever ghost but this is... is clearly still in play. I know many bugs never seam to get repaired.

I just thought it was something odd enough to share with the community. :cool: Ghosts on the SAME shard... vs. Ghosts on a different shard. Anyone ever see this with other buildings, on other shards? Same spot they exist OR someplace else?

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lovely set up you have here, congrats on the effort. :thumbsup:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you’re on one shard, log out and right back in on another, you get ghost buildings from the first shard, at least in the CC. I’ve only found this if you have left towns and been out in the housing areas. If you log out, close the client completely, then reopen the client and log in you don’t see this.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Normally if you are in the cc, you can set "houses cached on server" to 0 and the log off/on and it will clear it. never really seen it in the EC, i suppose you'd have to close the client on the EC

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Normally if you are in the cc, you can set "houses cached on server" to 0 and the log off/on and it will clear it. never really seen it in the EC, i suppose you'd have to close the client on the EC
Used to happen but no longer does but we still get "ghost" images of mobs.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where I logged off on Atlantic is always at my house... what is just south of the houses you see in the picture, just a few spaces south. 6 houses in the town in total.

Where I logged IN on Izumo was in Luna... where I have vendors. Totally different area. I didnt log in within Tram at all when I saw this. I was running around... doing whatever. I honestly dont even remember.

When this happens on Atlantic... Tram vs. Iish… ??? Its not a different shard. I still wonder if other people's houses pop up in the middle of Juka city.

And yes… I only play Classic. :)

Delores D

Journeyman
This happens to me sometimes. I always try to make sure I go to Siege first before I go to either Cats or Test. Otherwise I can not get into my house.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
it happens all the time for me...
I tend to build keeps or castles where my castle is on Sonoma.
Every time I go to test shard, I have to log out, once I get there cause my real castle will be placed over everything...
And then when I get back to Sonoma, have to do the same thing...

It did that with my old computer and the new one... so it doesn't matter what computer you use...
only does it in CC...
but the issue with debris appearing that isn't there... happens in both clients.

a guild mate came back to our guild house after an event and he commented on a tree being out front.
He was in EC client and only he could see it...
The very next night I could see it in the CC, in the exact same spot...
Again nobody else could see it... And I took a screen shot of it too...
It was just a tree that appeared above a small house that was out front of the guild house...
You could walk underneath it... was very weird