• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

shocking development?

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got news for people that think these people that run this game care about us. They Don't. Trust me they don't. The ones that listen cant do much because they don't have any authority to do so and can only complain like we do and yet it falls on death ears.

Once you understand they don't care what you think about the game and understand they only listen to their inner core group (which has n0 Idea how to run Uo. & make it fun to Play) they only want to drain $$ from you then you begin to understand why this game has ended like it has. One big example is the Origin store, boy has it grown. Buy this and that all these item should be included in the monthly price including the expansions even though in the past we often just bought the CD jewel case. I might be ok with paying for the expansions but that's is it.

You could save your self a lot time by not even worrying over it, but yeah I know we all pay real money and demand service, Good Luck with that. I know that is not what people want to hear but it is the truth. You might think you know these people but you don't...o0oo but you don't. Quit spending your time sucking up and demand service by calling whom every you can by phone or email and quit spending time on here posting, no but you cant..you have too much invested might get slighted; cant let that happen might loose a week on your house timer. In here they have us all ranting and venting instead of really making a difference by bugging the piss out of HQ(home office)

Then you have the phase of lets tear it up- you people that enjoy tearing up or hacking up anything that one ups them; weather it the corporate world or the user base. This is a real problem and one I can imagine is hard to stay ahead of all the problems that come up on the net these days.

Uo/Ea work place more turn over than McDonalds from my observations.

As far as the excuse of Old Code isn't fixable I think this is bunk, they simply don't know all the problems because they don't listen to us they think were all a bunch of noobs and exploiters(generally speaking) Im sure there is other reasons why they don't like admitting they screw up and might have admit it and wont bring the game down to fix it properly. Heck Id give them a whole 2 weeks to take the game down and fix it. But they better damn sure fix it and instead of waving a victory flag and saying they did when they really didn't and waste 2 weeks which btw is there M.O.

Mercy I could go on and On. They don't want to hear it, they make it near impossible to speak to customer service or give you any leverage to hold them accountable. This is a business model doom to die. Only transparent Business Model with Good Customer service works long term. But if your a money grabbing I don't Give Crap Business Model then you keep on until someone makes you stop. (in my humble expert opinion.)

I too am frustrated over these changes- Mixing different slayer classes spawn together and giving it too much speed and it locks on to you forever is BS!

The refinement I can see how it can be a method of individualism meant as a slight boost to make you stand out different than the others.

I could go on and on but I take the game as it comes and find ways to entertain my self the best way I can.

I try not to get worked up very often about this game any more because I know they isn't going to do anything but make it a $$ sink hole ( true and simple like it or not)

However, if you're all sitting here waiting for Lord Blackthorn to come back to save us ..it isn't going to happen no time soon.

On a funny note He( Garret) is making another game looks like 3d type Uo game that looks awful. But I am a 2d top down fan.

so I know I am contributing here by ranting this morning.. You all would better served to complain to the ones that it would actually aggravate in real time/real life instead of here on this site where they keep it all contained..

But hey it is Just a game right~ Ha

PS this site is laggy as h3ll cant type; had to type eslewhere paste it

Last edited:

atinycow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lord British. Played by Richard Garriot. Blackthorn was played by Starr Long originally, and by each shard's EM now.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to wonder how many gave up on refinements just because of this frustration: the "30% chance for a bonus mod" can't possibly be 30%. I've just now used the 20th invulnerability refinement in a row that only gave me four. Anyone who knows how to calculate odds will agree that that's just ridiculous. There's something screwed up in the coding, I suspect.

As I posted in the suggestion thread, getting ingredients is hard enough. Invulnerability needs to give a guaranteed five, Fortification a guaranteed four, and so on.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to wonder how many gave up on refinements just because of this frustration: the "30% chance for a bonus mod" can't possibly be 30%. I've just now used the 20th invulnerability refinement in a row that only gave me four. Anyone who knows how to calculate odds will agree that that's just ridiculous. There's something screwed up in the coding, I suspect.

As I posted in the suggestion thread, getting ingredients is hard enough. Invulnerability needs to give a guaranteed five, Fortification a guaranteed four, and so on.
I used 5 invuls and got 3 @ 5 mods so I guess it is down to the rng. Bad luck.

Loving the 68 dci on my suit, plus the 55 LMC gained by using bone, studded leather, hide in place of standard leather. Not noticing the fact that my suit is not medable now. So far, the reduction in resists to 65's hasn't shown me any difference in fighting. All good. As for the two bits I didn't get the 5 mods on will just keep adding an invul to them til I do.

Last edited:

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so anyway, like a month and a half ago they put out publish 81 even though everyone kinda totally hated refinement

now it's a month and a half later

i can't find anyone in luna on atl wearing any refined armor

i can't find anyone on the trade forum trading refinement items (only went back 2 pages)

there's a thread on refinement in the crafting forum with like 6 posts

could it be... that a system nobody wanted turned out to be a system nobody uses? shocking

i mean i lurked thru that whole big arguement with the devs, fine let them do what they want, but this is a failed system and if theyre going to force it on us they should have to fix it

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used 5 invuls and got 3 @ 5 mods so I guess it is down to the rng. Bad luck.

Loving the 68 dci on my suit, plus the 55 LMC gained by using bone, studded leather, hide in place of standard leather. Not noticing the fact that my suit is not medable now. So far, the reduction in resists to 65's hasn't shown me any difference in fighting. All good. As for the two bits I didn't get the 5 mods on will just keep adding an invul to them til I do.
There's bad luck, and then what couldn't possibly be mere "bad luck." Do you know the odds of 40 attempts succeeding only a few times?

I'm nearly finished with a deflect suit on fire/cold/poison/energy, because I resorted to making an entirely new suit with samurai plate (I get far more refinements for samurai plate than for regular plate), and then using invulnerability refinements with the expectation of getting just four mods.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's bad luck, and then what couldn't possibly be mere "bad luck." Do you know the odds of 40 attempts succeeding only a few times?

I'm nearly finished with a deflect suit on fire/cold/poison/energy, because I resorted to making a new suit with samurai plate get far more for that than for regular plate), and then using invulnerability refinements with the expectation of getting just four mods.
Luckily I steal all my own refinements, have two fully trained thieves, one on my home shard and I created another on Atlantic just before the release of refinements, figured with the exodus dungeon and these coming it would be handy to have a thief on Atlantic as well. My ping there is pretty bad so thieving is a great skill that doesn't require much running around. I am still messing with the refinements but can see how in some cases the bonus's you get with the combined reforge, enhance, refine, powder and imbue can make some pretty nice stuff. The refinements I get on Atlantic I sell, those on Oceania I use to build suits.

The latest suit I have which cost nothing other than the time to get refinements and imbue ingredients is:

Phys 66/67
Fire 65/65
Cold 64/65
Poison 65/65
Energy 70/70
Note: the above resists are with vampire form and protection spell active on the template.

HCI 45/45
HLD 30
HP REGEN 4
STAM REGEN 24
MANA REGEN 9
DCI 65/68
FCR 6/6
LMC 55
STR +13
DEX +26
INT +4
LUCK 140
with weapon equipped:
DI 85
SSI 30

Certainly not the best suit in the world but it is technically nil cost other than time. I have legendary/gm skill in all crafts so basically make anything I need. Even get my own kits for the reforging. The next go round on the suit I will probably drop the energy by 10 to 65 and leave phys or fire up at 70.

As much as people say this system is a fail and that no one uses it, I would have to disagree given that I have sold 53 million worth of refinements since about a week after they came out. Someone must be using them other than me or I would not be making any money.

That is not to say the system is good. Personally I think there should of been 4 'types' instead of 12:

Blacksmith (covering ringmail, platemail, chainmail, samurai plate, gargish plate, dragon scale)
Tailoring (covering - studded, studded samurai, hide, bone)
Carpentry (covering - wood)
Masonry (covering - stone)

And then the 5 intensity levels (Defense, Protection, Hardening, Fortification, Invulnerability)

That would have resulted in 40 individual items by the time you double up with reinforced or deflecting type.

Right now there is 120 which is pretty unmanageable, especially as they DO NOT FLIPPING STACK. The same 'types' should stack. The fact that they don't is totally unforgivable in this day and age of UO development. Runic hammers give a 'different' mod per piece when being used, there is no reason why gloss of defense for woodland shouldn't stack with another gloss of defense for woodland. You can stack runic hammers, tailor runic kits, this should be the same.

Overall a nice idea just pretty poor implementation.