• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ship Repair and Carpentry Skill

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please tell me if 50-70ish carpentry skill would speed ship repair or do I need GM skill to gain a bonus? Thank you all!

Delores D

Journeyman
Wood and cloth (carpentry and tailoring) are both used for repairing ships. I do know they use less materials for repairing. Just carry a lot of each when you repair at those levels.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure 50-70 would have some benefit, I simply repair mine with 0.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This job is an A-Typical reason to why everyone should have a crafter... but so many dont bother. :)

Kind of have to wonder why the Repair Contracts shouldn't help with these cases... or they forgot... or what.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no skill needed for repair, fine as it is
-boards and cloth for ship repair
-iron ingots for cannon repair
ps, i lost cannon with some supplies because did not repair in time lol

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess its been more years then I remember. :)

So... you need a stack of boards and cloth, I would imagine.

What about repairing the cannons? Blacksmith or anyone?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow. Could just look at the post before and no need to ask. Or bring up that it has been years.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't forget, that equipping a +60 ASH while repairing the cannons lowers the amount of ingots required, while not consuming charges from the ASH. This works even for 120 Blacksmiths, bringing it up to 180.0

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget, that equipping a +60 ASH while repairing the cannons lowers the amount of ingots required, while not consuming charges from the ASH. This works even for 120 Blacksmiths, bringing it up to 180.0

Side note: this also works for the new repair bench. U can load it w/ 180 blacksmith skill repair deeds if u craft the deeds holding an ASH hammer. Crafting repair deeds does not use charges. :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Side note: this also works for the new repair bench. U can load it w/ 180 blacksmith skill repair deeds if u craft the deeds holding an ASH hammer. Crafting repair deeds does not use charges. :)
Yep. That's the first thing i tested when the Repair Benches came out.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow - didn't know that about the cannon or the repair deeds - don't really need repair deeds (have craftsmen) but sounds like a 180 smith one would prob save a Durability point or two. Thanks for the info both of you!