• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Shinobi Template (need feedback)

Nikael

Visitor
Hey, guys! I play on a free shard, but i wonder will my template work on official UO server.
So I need your feedback on this.

After a lot of meditation i come up with a really sketchy idea of melee ninja template.

120 Melee skill
120 Ninjitsu
100 Tactics
120 Stealth
30 Hiding
Up to 69.9 Magery(Worth it?)
100 Alchemy
+ Anatomy

The Idea is a build of agressive glass cannon for one on one PvP, and Mass PvP pain in the ass.
So the plan is - CHUG up with 80 Enhance potion. Sneak up to your target, land maximum of 3 hits (Surprise attack, Special ability, DS) teleport to a running covard land few more hits (DS, Focus attack), Explosion Greater Conflagration potions. Shuriken?
Something like this.
There are downsides ofcourse like DS will not be so powerfull, no smoke bombs, Shadow jump will probably work but with unhide on landing(here i need an update for on free shard- stealth check is actually a hiding check)

In order to sneak I want to choose Invisibility Way as oppose to hiding way.
1) Invisibility spell
2) Teleport away + Invisibility spell (Tricky)
3) Confusion blast + Invisibility potion
4) Gate jump - to render myself in hiding mode (inconveniently)
5) Shadow strike the nearby rat or bird to hide.

I do beleave that for melee walker you have to have different weapons for different situations. And i guess to go with either Swords or Maces.
All of the weapons have to be crafted with Spell channeling on them.
From swords - Katana(AI, Double strike), Scimitar(Double strike, Paralis), Cutlass(Bleed, Shadow strike)
Maces - Club(Shadow strike, Dismount), Wild Staff(Block, Force of Nature)

The only time to swap the weapon is when i want a Shadowstrike hide myself.

Maybe ill put less magery to use teleport with scrolls? Or some more advices? Will it actually work?

Last edited:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure why you want 69.9 magery, you need 92 magery for 100% success invisibility (on the official shards).

There is lot of stealth skill bonus gear available, which will free some skill points.

The biggest problem I see with this template is getting disarmed. Once disarmed, you are in the defense but you cannot equip a shadow strike weapon for a few seconds while your invisibility spell and invisibility potion will get interrupted with 0 wrestling. A stealther on foot, disarmed and without the ability to hide in plain sight is not good .... you will need hiding + smoke bombs. Given your current template, you have to pray to have 3-4 uninterrupted seconds to cast teleport and invisibility in that situation.

Alternatively, if you really want to stick to that template, I'd rather forgo the teleporting/invis combo thing and just play in protection mode to be able to always cast invis and stealth away. I understand you will be healing with potions anyway, so no need for defensive magery spells (other than invis) as far as I see it.

Last edited:

Nikael

Visitor
Not sure why you want 69.9 magery, you need 92 magery for 100% success invisibility (on the official shards).
Thats all about jewelry... I was thinking about fc/fcr 4/6, or at least 3/6, for ninjitsu spells. After 70 of magery the penalty to fc will be applied. And to use scrolls to cast for higher success chance.

The biggest problem I see with this template is getting disarmed. Once disarmed, you are in the defense but you cannot equip a shadow strike weapon for a few seconds while your invisibility spell and invisibility potion will get interrupted with 0 wrestling. A stealther on foot, disarmed and without the ability to hide in plain sight is not good .... you will need hiding + smoke bombs. Given your current template, you have to pray to have 3-4 uninterrupted seconds to cast teleport and invisibility in that situation.
For this i would use Greater confusion blast+ invis pot combo if one on one.

Alternatively, if you really want to stick to that template, I'd rather forgo the teleporting/invis combo thing and just play in protection mode to be able to always cast invis and stealth away. I understand you will be healing with potions anyway, so no need for defensive magery spells (other than invis) as far as I see it.
Magery i need mostly for teleport, invis, may be cunning. And teleport i need for getting to the target as well as away from it...

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PvP the template you want is this.
120 melee
060 tact (or more to reach 35AIs, depending on damage inc also)
100 hide
120 stealth
120 ninja
120 bush
120 parry
080+ poison