• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

shhhhh its a secret

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so im making a new support character and i wasnt gonna share this with anyone..... but horrid at keeping a secret!

so this is the new toon im making right now.
im calling him 'the monk'
because he is a wandering healer with an attitude (an attitude towards barding that is!)

so this is it in a nutshell.
i wanted a character i could take into doing peerless and bosses and such and keep my warrior alive.

so what i came up with is this.
Healing
Anat
chiv
med
peace
music
maybe some Spirit speak, or if not then all the above to max.

ok, so what can this guy do.
well, with 120 healing and anat and dex over 120 he will be healing every 2 seconds for 70 HP.
now add onto that enhanced bandaids and its up to 72 HP per every 2 seconds.
NOW, add onto THAT that new staff (the name eludes me right this second.... its the one with 15 - 20% healing bonus depending on if you have the original one or the replica)
so with that on now your healing for 82.8 HP per 2 seconds or if you have the original staff (like i do) your healing for 86.4 PER 2 SECONDS!

86 HP every 2 seconds........ ya you read that right!

now, we arnt done yet people.
we have 120 peace and music on this guy too so we are gonna be running BOTH the Peace Masteries at the same time as we are healing.
so my warrior will get the added bonus of like +18 HPR/MR/SR PLUS DCI of 26% PLUS -26% Damage taken.

oh..... my..... god becky!

so lets for a moment consider 2 things.
if this is a normal warrior or sampire we can easily put on some HPR onto the suit.
that coupled with the 18 from the mastery PLUS the 86HP every 2 seconds.... ya thats a tank.
OR
if this is a garg ninja warrior that is in dog form WITH a HPR suit on..... ya 80 HPR.
UBER TANK is in the HOUSE!
plus your taking less damge! (26%)
plus you have higher DCI! (26%)
plus your getting healed for 86HP every 2 seconds!

thank you, thank you, i know..... i know.
gonna roll over that peerless LIKE A TRAIN!!!!!!

just think if i put my mind to evil instead of good!

anyways, thought id share.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so im making a new support character and i wasnt gonna share this with anyone..... but horrid at keeping a secret!

so this is the new toon im making right now.
im calling him 'the monk'
because he is a wandering healer with an attitude (an attitude towards barding that is!)

so this is it in a nutshell.
i wanted a character i could take into doing peerless and bosses and such and keep my warrior alive.

so what i came up with is this.
Healing
Anat
chiv
med
peace
music
maybe some Spirit speak, or if not then all the above to max.

ok, so what can this guy do.
well, with 120 healing and anat and dex over 120 he will be healing every 2 seconds for 70 HP.
now add onto that enhanced bandaids and its up to 72 HP per every 2 seconds.
NOW, add onto THAT that new staff (the name eludes me right this second.... its the one with 15 - 20% healing bonus depending on if you have the original one or the replica)
so with that on now your healing for 82.8 HP per 2 seconds or if you have the original staff (like i do) your healing for 86.4 PER 2 SECONDS!

86 HP every 2 seconds........ ya you read that right!

now, we arnt done yet people.
we have 120 peace and music on this guy too so we are gonna be running BOTH the Peace Masteries at the same time as we are healing.
so my warrior will get the added bonus of like +18 HPR/MR/SR PLUS DCI of 26% PLUS -26% Damage taken.

oh..... my..... god becky!

so lets for a moment consider 2 things.
if this is a normal warrior or sampire we can easily put on some HPR onto the suit.
that coupled with the 18 from the mastery PLUS the 86HP every 2 seconds.... ya thats a tank.
OR
if this is a garg ninja warrior that is in dog form WITH a HPR suit on..... ya 80 HPR.
UBER TANK is in the HOUSE!
plus your taking less damge! (26%)
plus you have higher DCI! (26%)
plus your getting healed for 86HP every 2 seconds!

thank you, thank you, i know..... i know.
gonna roll over that peerless LIKE A TRAIN!!!!!!

just think if i put my mind to evil instead of good!

anyways, thought id share.
should fit myst in for cleansing winds

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Poo, A couple questions about your healing. Are you getting the 2 sec. healing from cross healing? Where did you get the information on enhanced bandages. I thought that enhanced bandages did not give you an advantage at 120 healing.

Katrena

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's pretty bad ass, though your calculations are off by about 2% on the damage reduction/dci and regens. (I believe its 16 Regens/24 Damage Reduction @ 120/120. 19/27 @ 120/120/120 and 22/30 @4x120)

Though I gotta ask why the Chiv? With 120 You'll get some nice quick cures and rem curse, but if you went iwth a mage weapon /120 magery you could get yourself some defense and a bit more utility, at the sacrifice for the chiv abilities.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi Poo, A couple questions about your healing. Are you getting the 2 sec. healing from cross healing? Where did you get the information on enhanced bandages. I thought that enhanced bandages did not give you an advantage at 120 healing.

Katrena
i just assumed.
i just looked up enhanced bandaids and it said they add 10 healing (which converts to 2 HP)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's pretty bad ass, though your calculations are off by about 2% on the damage reduction/dci and regens. (I believe its 16 Regens/24 Damage Reduction @ 120/120. 19/27 @ 120/120/120 and 22/30 @4x120)

Though I gotta ask why the Chiv? With 120 You'll get some nice quick cures and rem curse, but if you went with a mage weapon /120 magery you could get yourself some defense and a bit more utility, at the sacrifice for the chiv abilities.
only reason i went with chiv is so i can noble sac and res everyone at once.
not cause thats good in a party but just cause thats a Monk kinda thing.... i also plan on wearing a brown robe and sandals with this guy.

oh ya, im going hard core wandering healer with his look!

was i off on the math.
bah, math.
who needs it!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Katrena
yes.
the whole purpose of this guy is to cross heal and run the bard masteries to support my and my guild mates warriors as we tank stuff.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard are you building this guy on? I have both replica and non-replica Asclepius on Europa you can have either one, if you can get it to the char.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have both as well.
they where actually the whole reason i was making this build.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
can you imbue them?

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
should fit myst in for cleansing winds
I though the same thing for a second or two but :
You need focus with cleansing winds to have max efficiency, no way even with a lot of items to cram 2 120 skills also in this template IMO
Changing med for focus and using items to add mystic ? I'm pretty sure that the mana used by Chiv, Mystic plus the 2 masteries could never be regenerated by 120 focus plus as much MR as you can cram in a suit. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem enough.
Remember that this isn't a fighting toon so no mana leech from weapon.

Besides if you want to go that route you should think about spellweaving even more than mysticism... with as many drawbacks IMO :p
And it seems to be an RP toon, so mystic and SW won't really fit with the wandering healer idea I guess.

Poo :
I LOVE your idea !
I would love to try one day to make some kind of support char on my secondary account, maybe a different template like a peace/disco SW but for the same purpose.
Though I wonder : how do you plan on keeping him alive ?
Hard enough to concentrate on one char, so 2 at the same time, specially when one has no defensive ability seems almost impossible to me :confused:

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmm, well we could put him in a 70 suit with maxed out DCI.
that would help.
he could heal himself with either bandaids or chiv or SS.

he could, COULD if he wanted to use holy light to do damage if pressed.
could switch out chiv for magic then imbue the staff to be a -20 mage weapon with SC.

theres a couple of ways we could do that i guess.

so i got this idea from when we were doing the covetous spawning pool.
my and a guild mate would stand side by side at the last turn to the pool.
we would be necro mysts guys and we would be in wraith form casting wither bombs.
so our mana was instantly being replaced.
we had a peace mage behind us running the masteries to give us the MR and HPR and he would heal us as needed and dispel and drop EVs.

i got to thinking that the same thing but with healing would be nice.

hence this build.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm, well we could put him in a 70 suit with maxed out DCI.
that would help.
he could heal himself with either bandaids or chiv or SS.

he could, COULD if he wanted to use holy light to do damage if pressed.
could switch out chiv for magic then imbue the staff to be a -20 mage weapon with SC.

theres a couple of ways we could do that i guess.

so i got this idea from when we were doing the covetous spawning pool.
my and a guild mate would stand side by side at the last turn to the pool.
we would be necro mysts guys and we would be in wraith form casting wither bombs.
so our mana was instantly being replaced.
we had a peace mage behind us running the masteries to give us the MR and HPR and he would heal us as needed and dispel and drop EVs.

i got to thinking that the same thing but with healing would be nice.

hence this build.

It's not really the skills of the toon that makes me doubt I could keep him alive it's more that, if I understand, he's in your secondary account and you plan on using him at the same time than one of your chars on your primary account.
And I do that sometimes with my tamers, one brings the GD or CU to tank and the second a bake/rune to deal damage for example, and I manage but just barely to play with both at the same time.
But then one is peace tamer so she has huge control over the situation, and besides the pets are here and usually take the aggro so even my main doesn't require to be that concentrated on her, I just have to watch the pets healthbare and sometimes peace a mob or invis one of my toons.

But if I was playing my dexxer or my mage I would never be able to concentrate on a second toon enough to keep him alive if he's ever targeted. I'm not even sure I would have enough concentration left to just use the Xheal thing.

Now if your healer toon was my main then, no problem or not that much with maybe peace or a way to invis but as a seconary ....
So that's what I was wondering how you planed to manage :p

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i run 3 computers and 3 accounts at the same time.
i have been doing it for years, hehe.
having OCD does pay off sometimes!!!

Last edited:

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 at the same time ! Yep not even when I'm at my best :p

I may be able to have enough concentration for it, I do more complicated at work, but it's like it's all used up at the end of the day when it's time to go play UO.
And anyway it only would be in non stressful situations so just for crafting maybe ?
I know myself ! If I love my peace tamer so much it's for a reason. I can almost always use the : "Everyone shut up and let me think in peace !" method ;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i made the mistake of showing some of my friends my computer room..... they dont look at me the same anymore..... so i dont show people that room anymore.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hey there guys!

I'm actually down in Disneyland for the next 10 days with the wife and kids and I forced myself to leave the laptop at home, so no UO for me.
But rest assured when I get home ill finish the toon build and make a movie!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you finish this character? I think it is an awesome idea and thinking about trying something similar. I would love to see a yuotube video of it in action and would love to see a picture of the computer room. :please:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 bards that are more active in group fighting and pvp.
Mage Bard 4x 120 bard, 120 Magery, 120 Meditation.
Mystic Bard 120 Provo/Peace/Music/Focus/Mysticism/Wrestling
HealBard 120 Peace/Music/Anat/Heal/Med/Chiv
Chiv Bard 120Peace/Provo/Music/Wrestling/Chiv/Med

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have buitl this template and it is working wonders :) Thanks for the advice I never thought of building a pure support toon before on UO.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wow Poo, I am amazed at your multi-tasking skills! :D
What do you think about switching peace with disco for the kind of character? Or is the peace mastery what makes this template really shine?
BTW, long time lurker and newer poster. You do great things here, all of you! Thanks for helping a bard get her groove on!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Poo, I am amazed at your multi-tasking skills! :D
What do you think about switching peace with disco for the kind of character? Or is the peace mastery what makes this template really shine?
BTW, long time lurker and newer poster. You do great things here, all of you! Thanks for helping a bard get her groove on!
You can use peace or provo depending on the situation.
On the peace side, the damage reduction adds up pretty quickly, and the hp regen will be 1-2 hp/sec depending on your skill set.
Since peace songs also adds some poison immunity, and other bonuses, in situations where the rate of damage is high to a particular target it can be really helpful.

On the provo side, invigorate heal ticks every 4 seconds for 16-20+ depending on skill which is about 5hp/sec or 50 HP Regen comparatively. It also gives a buff up to 26 HP so thats nice as well. Since it doesn't cure poison or reduce poison effectiveness or curses, mortal or poison will cancel the healing effect.
Additional bonus of invigorate is that the healing counts to looting rights.

For just healing you could run invigorate from provo masteries, at a pretty low mana cost and supplement that healing with your mage skills.

The bonus regen from resilience along with the damage reduction from preservance for peace mastery usually mean its not as expensive upkeep mana wise, and you don't need to heal targets as often.

I usually go with peace over provo since those abilities I think provide better survivability. But you can definitely go either way.

My advice is Test Test Test

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is Poo when you need him?
Poo mentioned in his OP, that:
well, with 120 healing and anat and dex over 120
As we all know, running the Bard Masteries consumes a TON of mana. And this build has this char at Dex over 120. So, if he has a ton of mana for the songs and that over 120 dex, then his HP's have to be dang nearly rock bottom - don't they?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Where is Poo when you need him?
Poo mentioned in his OP, that:

As we all know, running the Bard Masteries consumes a TON of mana. And this build has this char at Dex over 120. So, if he has a ton of mana for the songs and that over 120 dex, then his HP's have to be dang nearly rock bottom - don't they?

It all depends on the suit and jewelry that he has on this guy. If he imbues a lot of mana regen, he won't need as much intel. You can increase str and intel with jewelry too, plus it's a support character so it should be ok.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry, forgot i had this out there for you guys.

i did finish this guy last year and have been using him.
LOVE IT!
best support character ive ever made.

here is a screeny of him;

as you can see he has 800 skill points.
i went with the following;
chiv 80
med 90
SS 90
anat 110
heal 110
music 120
peace 120

my ring and watch have +15 med and SS on both for +30 so i can get the 120 in each.
i am wearing the Mark of the Tav that has +10 healing and anat, it was uber cheap to buy and it was already blessed (win win!)
which gets me to 120 healing and anat.
i went with the 120 pure peace and music for the bonus for the mastery.
chiv i left at 80 so i can get around and do a mass res if the need arises.

suit, whipped up a quick suit for him.
100 LRC, 40 LMC, 12 or 14 MR and added 40 INT with the suit as well to give me 293 total stat points.

as for running the barding masteries with low mana, with the 120 med and the LMC and such its been good.
i have found that if im in a large party that it kills the mana too fast.
but a small party of like 2 warriors is no problem.

as for the healing i dont know if any of you caught this post over in the ask the Dev board about the 120/120 heal/anat with add on's, but in a nut shell they confirmed that the enhanced aids add +10 to healing over the 120.
and the staff adds on after the calc.

so with all the above build healing between
min/max ranges would result in 58 - 96
so possible 96 HP healing every 2 seconds with the added bonus of the HPR from the bard song.

:)

no video on it.... well.... thats not 100% true.
i made a video, but then i decided i didnt wanna post it cause i dont want them to nerf any of this, hahaha, then i ended up forgetting where i put it (i think its either on my work comp or on my laptop.... at work).
but yes, its a fun template.
had it out last week in Blackthorns Basement with 2 warriors (one of mine and one guild mate) and it was sweet sauce!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may be running into increased mana costs if everyone is mounted since mounts receive the bonuses as well (ethereal mounts are treated as real mounts since they do have stats even if they are invisible)
+1 mana cost per 5 targets. So your bard and 2 warriors would count as 6. So you'll incur an extra mana cost. If the warriors jumped off their mounts you'd notice that you'd no longer be getting the +. (I believe the bard himself doesnt count, but since its by factor of 5 the rollover point is when you hit 5. So 5/5 = 1, 9/5 = 1, 10/5 = 2 etc.)
Also on that template if you dropped SS and 10 med, you could add 100 provo or disco, which would get you the upkeep reduction bonus which would cancel that extra +1 from your group size, and a very slight bump to the damage reduction, and regens.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, i must admit the SS was more of a RP thing.
so i can see the dead people and talk to them.... being a monk and all.

but i think what ill do is maybe stone off the SS and put on disco like you said and run it that way when im out power farming.
unfortunately having the warriors hop off their rides is a bad thing, getting the added buff from the swampies is too much to forgo. but i guess the old healer has no need to be mounted, eh?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome as always Poo.

I messed around with the template some, but never had time to flesh it out.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming SS is so that he can go into wraith form with +Necro items.

Since there's no magery on the template, Chiv remains at 4/6 casting speed cap, and since bard mastery abilities also benefit from FC , you can build a character with really fast healing/curing/rem curse that also provided significant damage reduction and regens.
Also gives an alternate way to provide resurrection and in fel no worries about run-through since divine fury can be recast.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm assuming SS is so that he can go into wraith form with +Necro items.

Since there's no magery on the template, Chiv remains at 4/6 casting speed cap, and since bard mastery abilities also benefit from FC , you can build a character with really fast healing/curing/rem curse that also provided significant damage reduction and regens.
Also gives an alternate way to provide resurrection and in fel no worries about run-through since divine fury can be recast.
exactly.
and since this guy is purely support i can do a mass res with the chiv if things go realllllllly bad for the group.