• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Sheep's and cotton farms??

B

Banner

Could someone tell me where is the best place to find good sheep spawns and where is the cotton fields????

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a cotton field outside of Moonglow, not far from the Zoo.
There is another field across from Skara Brae. You go to the docks in Skara. Get on the boat and say ' cross '. There is an open field down the road on the south side.

For wool, there are two sheep pens in Yew. Sheep spawn pretty regularly near the Healers hut in Delucia and just outside of the North west gate going out of Delucia. Don't overlook Zento for wandering sheep also. There are usually 3 or 4 sheep at the Jhelom pens too.

D

Dryke GL

There are actually three sheep pens in Yew. Moving between them you can fairly well guarantee yourself a nonstop supply of wool, provided you don't have any competition.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also one sheep at Uncle Charley's farm in Ilshenar, between Sacrifice & Spirituality. It looks scared - especially when you're not bringing Charley's (ahem) granddaughter Lissbet to live with him. :shots: (did the devs really THINK about appearances, and the nature of the long-time pre-charley spawn at that site, before adding that quest?)

P

pavel.vesely

Haven fields are also full of sheep (10+).

Personally I would go for cotton, because balls of yarn do not stack automaticly and you get six threads from bale of cotton.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Haven near the archery targets has lots of sheep. If you kill them after shearing them there is an almost endless supply (no waiting for respawn).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yikes - thread necromancy of a elder nature!

That said, for SP, Yew is still the best answer for wool - You just might need to approach it from a direction other than the Yew Gate.

There's also a number of roving sheep in the woods between Yew and Skara, if you just walk around and look for them.

Remember - shear, THEN kill, as you get more from a live sheep, and then the kill is to get it to respawn.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agree on the the cotton locations ... and the reasons given for wool over cotton. At the Yew pen I use, I shear the sheep, then kill the bugger. Why? Because about 20 seconds after the last is a corpse, they start spawning again! So you need not go pen to pen ... just relax and slaughter away.

I break the monotony by having green thorns with me and spawning random regs for the scribe and mage of the account. Just a step or two outside the pen and by the time the regs are spawned, new sheep are also spawned!

For those shards with New Haven, there's a lot of sheep over by the fields on the other side of the hunting area. Small gold ability there too as the stupid mongbats attack you! <chuckle>

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Something I noticed delivering Trade orders on LA (I'm governor of Britain, and it's the best way to fund my trade deal and get resources since I'm broke).

Don't know if it's the same Tram vs. Fel, or on SP, but New Magincia's area between homes and moongate seemed to be positively CRAWLING with sheep. At least as many as in one of the Yew pens.

That could be another option for SP, depending on your wool collector's combat skill (picturing a PK farming sheep for wool in the New Mag woods, between opportunities for victims coming to/from the gate).

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to do green thorns between the cotton picking in Moonglow. I also do quests from the two quest givers in Haven near the archery targets. not too great rewards but something to do while hanging around and make sure you kill the sheep. I guess that isn't available on SP. Gosh there is so much I haven't done recently I have those leather and wool generating sheep in my house so haven't needed to harvest wool. I still go to Delucia to harvest leather and take the wool sometimes