• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[SHE] Auction House Info/Rules/Suggestions

Z

Zelda of Zed

[SHE] Auction House Info/Rules/Suggestions
Moving into its 7th year of service to the Chesapeake Shard.
60k Visitors served counting!

Our next auction will be April 30th, 2011.
(Em Event this week, and Easter Next week)

Special thanks to The [SHE] Auction house sponsor, UORESOURCES!
These guys rock!!!! They make sure we have MILLIONS in gold prizes every week to hand out. Tell them you heard about them from The [SHE] Auction!

And a Big thanks to all of you, who have made The [SHE] Auction house,
their place to stop on Saturday nights,
and even through the week, and you way to the Abyss!

A Little Info:
If you are new to the shard, or never been to one of our auctions, you are missing out on lots of fun, super deals on popular items and free gold prizes! Our Auctions have been running since 2004 at 7pm est. on Saturday nights. Please see top of message with next auction time.

Auction House Perks:
Full set of public dye tubs with dyes provided, community hub to many locations including the Abyss passage. Mall with just about everything you need. (don’t see something just yell) Weekly auction with super prizes & lotto’s with millions given away each weekend!

Over the years we have had several folks that have put in their time to keep the auction house going.

They are always there when we need them!

Special thanks to Rivi & Lotto Boy Daktari & Shelra
Demon Slayer & Sundina.

(Love you guys!)

How long does it take to set up the auction:
We have been asked this one a lot, each week it takes 6-10 hours to set up the auction. This is setting the gold grab bags, or the [SHE] auction house original ‘Pop Up Vendors!’ Getting checks for the ATM vendors, or setting up the lotto’s. There is more to list.. but you get it.. It takes time!

What do we do with that 10% we charge;
That does not go in our pocket, the 10% we charge goes into a guild fund that pays for the events we have been a part of in the past. Fishing contests, other player run events and our annual birthday bash that is held in September of each year. And our fan favorite, the ever sadistic Icy Maze.

Why do we do this every week for the last 6 ½ years?:
We keep asking ourselves that too, well Rivi keeps asking me!! Then we know it’s a labor of love for our home shard and the community we care about so much!. We have become one of the most respected, and visited houses on the shard. In fact, last week received our 60k visitor, not bad for a house sitting out in the middle of no where… huh? We have also had the honor as part of the last two Raresfest on Chesapeake.

Why has the auction been so sporadic the last few months:
Well as listed above it takes more then just one person to do the auction each week. As some may or may not know, Zelda was ill for a several weeks, and Rivi has been on vacation. There is also the issue with EM events planed the same night/time as the auction. We have no control over this, and I don’t find it fair to plan the auction and make my staff/or you chose between the two. Please take this issue up with the powers that be, it’s not our fault!

Auction house rules:

Please know we are working to make a better and fun auction for all of you.
These rules are only for the [SHE] auction, and do not reflect the views of any other auction house other then [SHE]. [Other auction houses are welcome to adopt these rules if they like]

Auction items do’s & don’t’:

Because we keep filling up so quick, we have spoken between the staff, and come to these decisions, we will now only take ‘20’ items/lots per person. This way everyone has a chance to drop something off. If we find that we are still filling up fast, we will moved this down to 15.

Make sure there is no vendor penalty on the item/items. (Why should someone pay that, plus the cost of the item. J )

Commodity Deeds:
Common commodities - Wood/Arrows/Bandies/Leather/Ore/Feathers ECT, if you can deed it, must be 5000 count or better.
Mining Gems/ Abyss imbuing ingredients must be a 100 count or better.

We will no longer accept food/drink items of more then 5 in a lot. We must be able to drop them on the table. If we do as a barrel item, they can be eaten over the counter. We want your items to be safe, and not lost.

Doing your Books and Bags;
When doing your books for opening prices, all opening bids must be even numbers…
i.e. open 1k 5k 10k 50k 100k 500k 1 mil 5 mil ect.
Please no 1500 gp, or 5500 gp, 300000, 500000 ECT. Please use the K, or if in millions Mil. i.e. 1mil 1.5 mil.. 1.550mil ECT! . We don’t want to open something at 500k when you meant 50k or 5 mil. (The 0’s do get pesky at times)

Bidding rules remain the same.
If an item opens at 1k, guests may bid in 1k increments until the item reaches 50k.
At 50k the bids become 5k bids… i.e. 55k 60k 65k ECT.
When an item reaches 1 mil, bids become 50k bids… i.e. 1.050 mil, 1.100 mil 1.150 mil

We take price boosting/bidding on your own item seriously, and it is not allowed. If we find out someone<s> are doing this, we will no longer take items from that person, and they could be banned.

Paying for items:
All items must be paid for as soon as they are won. We have ATM vendors that have from 1k to 1mil on them. Please have pity on our cashier, if your item is over 10 mil please bag these checks for her, and spread them out. This will make it easier for her to see, and your transaction quicker.

Lotto’s/Grab Bags/& Pop up Vendors…

Lotto’s:
Lotto rule books can be found around the house please read them. There are 2 lotto’s, you are not required to buy lotto to attend the auction, and these are for fun, just like any lotto. Take your chance you could win! (rumors abound when lotto’s sell out Rivi has the right to kill Zelda, this can not be confirmed nor denied since it only happened one time, in the last few months.)

Grab Bags:
These are little round bags can be found all over the auction house. From time to time, Zelda will let these bags go grab them up they have gold prizes in them.

Pop-Up Vendors:
The [SHE] Auction house original! These vendors will pop up when you least expect it. They will have free gold on them.

Please be fair… only go after 2 prizes… to give everyone a chance!!!!

Good rules of thumb when making your bags for auction!
(These are suggestions from Zelda….)

Always make sure to double check your book and bag before you give it to the item taker. We need your name, icq or email/ and OPEN BID!

If the item you want to sell needs repair, then repair!!! It looks better, and wont get the nasty little side comments!

Keep in mind it is an auction, folks are looking to get a deal, not pay over inflated prices! We all want to get the best price, but don’t go over board on you opening prices. So many times, there are no bites, because the open price is far too high! Again this is an Auction!!!!!! How bad do you want to sell it? hummmmmm.?

Just because something is worth 900k does not mean you should start it at 895k. Many times, I start my items at 5k 50k or 100k even a good item, I sell far more quicker then asking 900k for a 1 mil item. If your open bid is fair, it could start a bidding war. It then it becomes a case of ‘Who wants it more”!, and you will sell far quicker with a good ending price, then getting only one bid, or none at all.

I.E. I know that an item is going for around 5 mil every where, but I want to get rid of it fast, I will make my open bid around 2 to 2.5 mil. This gives me leeway to get the bids going, and a chance to make a profit on the item, and in some cases, I get more then luna price. If I know that there are a lot of those 5 mil items, then I will start it at the lower prices, This works very well when selling clicker items.

Bundle like Items…. IE… If you have pinks and blues, make them a set or matching sets, Or a bulk bag of them. Doing 20 individual same like items, is far to time consuming, and loses folks at the auction, if it’s the same thing, bag after bag. You will get a far better price, and your item is/are more likely to sell. Now there is always the rare pink or blue… like taming, fishing or mage skills and so on, that will fetch a good price, and that we do understand.

Last….:
We At the [SHE] Auction house want everyone to have fun, and just like in real life, you are a guest in someone’s home, please act according. If you would not say it in front of Grandma, please don’t say it at all, leave your nastiest at the door.
Be warned - The auction staff will only put up with so much before you are banned.

Also, if you have a lot of macros set up, we do ask you put your spell book in a sub bag. Things move fast, and hard sometime for the auctioneer to keep up, if there is a lot of spam.

Z...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SHE auction? Pretty sweet. Even Gareth thinks it's neat. Just watch out for your feet if you take Ozog's seat.

T

TheMac

What is a SHE Auction...? Never been there... Sounds boring to me... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! BEST AUCTION EVER! If you don't go then you should def take the time out and get your butt out there!

N

Nyx_

I like my normal routine for Saturday nights at the SHE auction! These powers that are disrupting my OCD need to choose another night. :twak:

Z

Zelda of Zed

I like my normal routine for Saturday nights at the SHE auction! These powers that are disrupting my OCD need to choose another night. :twak:

please remember the powers that be, are not allowed to post here.. their forums would be a place to bring this up, since we have brought it up at the HOC meeting in the past, and well we are still cancling auctions.

Z...

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
der bees feetz warmer FER GOBILNS ONLY. SO EBERYONE ELSE KEEPS DER STICKY FEETZ OFF ON DEM !!

OZOG
Pitmuck

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please remember the powers that be, are not allowed to post here.. their forums would be a place to bring this up, since we have brought it up at the HOC meeting in the past, and well we are still cancling auctions.

Z...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Z, but I was looking at the EM event calendar and saw this tidbit:

Saturday, April 30th @ 7pm ET, The Royal Surveyor's Office in Trinsic - "Secrets of the Swamp - Felucca"

No more SHE auction for April?

N

Nyx_

Well since it is a fel event I would say it *might* be possible to have the auction.

Z

Zelda of Zed

Grumbles!!!!

This is really starting to get old!!!!

Z...

C

Clair The Mystic

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Z, but I was looking at the EM event calendar and saw this tidbit:

Saturday, April 30th @ 7pm ET, The Royal Surveyor's Office in Trinsic - "Secrets of the Swamp - Felucca"

No more SHE auction for April?
This is the same old story. The auction is working on its 7th year of operation. We have been running on Saturday night for years. The EMs have been told this over and over but insist on scheduling events anyway. This shows a basic lack of respect for SHE, player run events, and the Chessy community.

Garath, instead of locking this why not move it to the EM forums. At least it might get a look from the EMs after it is locked there.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Gareth, instead of locking this why not move it to the EM forums. At least it might get a look from the EMs after it is locked there.

Shouldnt assume I will lock anything and the EMs have the ability to read it here. I cannot really just throw a discussion onto their section without authorization from Pas and one of the EMs.

:pancakes:

C

Clair The Mystic

Shouldnt assume I will lock anything and the EMs have the ability to read it here. I cannot really just throw a discussion onto their section without authorization from Pas and one of the EMs.

:pancakes:
Garath I'm not trying to step on your toes. It is just really frustrating when legit complaints keep falling on deaf ears because it is more convenient to ignore us. Because the EMs want to run events on Saturday nights is not a good enough reason for them to interfere with a community event that has been going on for seven years. They are supposed to be serving the community. Scheduling events at the EMs convenience rather than the players is not serving the community!

Anyway Garath...ummm, its not you. I appreciate all you do for Chessy.

Z

Zelda of Zed

I really dont know what to say!!!!
I dont understand why they keep doing this!!!

Ever get the feeling someone was trying on purpose to ruin something you are doing????? Since we have never been supported by the powers that be anyways.. makes ya think!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah!

Z....

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

pitmuck votes to habe auction anyway. mebe wees should habe auctions ebery sat. as usual.see woos gets more people, auction or robes?

Z

Zelda of Zed

pitmuck votes to habe auction anyway. mebe wees should habe auctions ebery sat. as usual.see woos gets more people, auction or robes?

i dont find it fair that i should make folks... and my staff have to pick between the 2!!!!!!!!!

How is it all of the communitys can work together.. and dont do this to each other..... buttttttttttt.............

just saying!!!

Z...

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
understand but you do get a lot of flak for not holdin the auction, let people make thier own chosies. just give them more than 1 option.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a hard situation that Z and the auction staff are put in. SHE is not scheduling the auction over EM events, the EM events are being scheduled over the auction. They seem to think that it's not a big deal when they "only" schedule on Saturdays for 50% of March and 50% of April, but the guild takes a lot of flack when the auction doesn't go on as scheduled. I had someone walk up to me in the MIDDLE of the event last night and tell me that their house was full to capacity because of the number of auctions we've had to cancel lately. Someone else walked up to me (btw, I have NOTHING to do with running the auction, I just happened to have a [SHE] over my head) and told me that they'd have rather been at the SHE auction because it was more fun.

So, Z is put in the situation where she can either carry on with the auction as scheduled and force the staff and patrons to make a choice or cancel the auction and deal with all of the fallout from people who are annoyed that it was cancelled. If only Solomon were here to offer to cut Saturdays in half and give one piece to each!

Z

Zelda of Zed

understand but you do get a lot of flak for not holdin the auction, let people make thier own chosies. just give them more than 1 option.

Its not just the folks.. my staff goes to the em events. So, You want me to tell Rivi she cant go... Do you think i am out of my mind??????

Z...

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
As long as this thread remains on Information, Rules and Suggestions for the SHE Auction house it will remain open however, further discussion about EM Dudley or EM Drosselmeyer purposely scheduling events on the auction will no longer be allowed. In fact any mention of EM Dudley or EM Drosselmeyer will not be allowed in this thread. :talktothehand:

To keep the trolls from locking the thread all posts with either of their names in it will result in your post being moved to a "Secrete Moderator Location" and may result in an infraction.

If you have further questions or comments for the EMs, please head over to the EM forums where Dudley has taken the time to write a reply to the situation or visit the Hall of Commons Meeting Tonight at 9pm ET

I understand the scheduling frustration but I also understand the frustration of not being able to defend yourself.

J

Jamlyn

Yes this may still come as a shock to everyone, but I am in agreement with Gareth on this one :)

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seconding Jamlyn and Gareth, lets keep things on topic in here.

So, where is the wine I was promised?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
oklies , meees has no opinion on dis. It has been hashed reHashed ober and ober. I HAVE NO OPINION , I HAVE NO OPINIONS *REPEATS OBER AND OBER*

L

longshanks

nice job zelda,

you and your staff are to be commended. i had a conversation with you once as too how long it takes to set that up and i can tell you the hard work and effort you put into the auction shows to the observer upon entering your establishment.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SHE auction is without a doubt one of the best run and most fun auctions you can attend. If you haven't been to one, you need to attend one! :thumbup:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
just to makes clear. Ozog will no opinions on anyting. Just gets himz worked up and in trouble.Himz prolly stays in ice creams cabe and works on new flavors.

OZ

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems quite a few people missed the new rules in this post, please scroll way up top and review them before next week. Thanks!