• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shatter pots

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not one to normally make posts like this, but these things are stupid. The original idea had some merit but they are just an abused item to troll now.

Think they should break way less potions and have a much greater cool down to curb the trolling with them.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nah, they're alright, 1v1 it usually takes a lot of shatter pots(5+), at least without alchemy, to put a noticeable dent in someone's supply. Plus, trolling is fun.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is that why people carry tons of potions on them now to compensate for being hit by these things?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, they're alright, 1v1 it usually takes a lot of shatter pots(5+), at least without alchemy, to put a noticeable dent in someone's supply. Plus, trolling is fun.
If you can't kill someone with pots, maybe 1v1ing isn't for you.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't they add a timer to shatter pots like they did novas. .5-1 second delay. So a stealther would have to show for a second before just throwing them and hiding again?

Also, what is the formula for how many pots they shatter? It does seem a bit excessive.

@Kyronix @Bleak

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 30% of all potions including empty bottles. EP and/or Alchemy have no effect on Shatter Potions
Wow. Yeah, that is really dumb.

IMO it is counter active to pvp. If people get shattered a couple times in group fights, they will pull off - restock and then regroup.

1v1- no question majority leave to restock.

So, I am just not sure what devs were trying to accomplish with this pot. I'd love to hear what goes through their heads.