• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard transfer token. How does it work?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I want to move my tamer character on Sonoma to Atlantic. If I want to buy a shard transfer token in game using gold, does it matter which shard I buy it on? Do I need to buy one in Sonoma, then use it with my tamer to decide I want him on Atlantic. Or do I need to buy it on Atlantic? I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but I'd rather not risk doing this wrong. Thanks!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You want to buy a character transfer token Not a Shard transfer token.
The character you wish to transfer from Sonoma to Atlantic, has to use the token on Sonoma to begin the transfer.
make sure when using the token you have an empty char slot on Atlantic for that Sonoma char to go into.
You must also be in a safe location to begin transfer and not be mounted (Ethy or pet)
If your taking any pets along (Carriers) make sure to say all follow me or they could end up left behind!

Hopefully, I have answered your question :)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the very detailed response! It's more than I expected. Didn't realize I couldn't be mounted and that I need to have my pets out of the stables.

Ossy

Adventurer
Not sure if you've done this yet or not, but I just did last week.

I asked a GM.

The gold NEEDS to be in your character transfer account, not the shard account, otherwise it won't go with you.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I just ran into this post, as I was about to post a load of questions on this subject. If I transfer my main character to Catskills, does she leave Atlantic COMPLETELY? Meaning, a copy of her does not remain on the home shard (ie Atlantic)? I think I understand about the Character transfer account and gold...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a good question!...with this new banking system we got now, that might be a little tricky.
Here is another link for you, which hopefully can explain/answer your questions on this
Money
Quick note, that site is no longer being updated. For more current information the uo player wiki is a better resource

and yes, if you are moving your character, not copying her. Only when copying to test center is the original character unaffected.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Quick note, that site is no longer being updated. For more current information the uo player wiki is a better resource

and yes, if you are moving your character, not copying her. Only when copying to test center is the original character unaffected.
So I am going to say something obvious to clarify: I move Kyo to Catskills. She is now gone from Atlantic. If I want to play Kyo again on Atlantic, I need to buy another transfer token to bring her back from Catskills or she is stuck here.
If I simply want to move gold/items to my Catskills account, it sounds like I should simply pick a character I don't mind not playing playing on Atlantic for a while. :cheerleader:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, transfer tokens are meant for transferring characters, basically. If you simply want to move gold and items try asking around for a trustworthy person who might take them for you, several people who have accounts old enough to claim shard shields offer this kind of service.