• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Shields: Siege - Mugen

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've been doing a lot of catching up on the goings on in UO from the last 5 or so years. I understand that when the shard shields were first created, there were not any for the "advanced shards" of Siege and Mugen.

Then with some help from the players, the developers did create Siege and Mugen shields but they are strictly for deco. I completely understand this as it keeps players from transferring to these shards and for very good reasons.

Here's my question...would it be possible to make these shields work, but only allow players to transfer between the two shards? Basically, you would have to have a single character and leave the other shard with an empty slot to allow movement between the two. Not sure if this would cause issues with banking, but it would give us Siege/Mugen players a chance to transfer back and forth like all of the production shard players can.

Just a thought...la

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the investment time would be worth it..what do a total of maybe 20-30 people play each share? During peak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No thanks, everything on Siege should stay there and nothing should get there from Mugen. I hope they never will allow it, sorry, that's how I feel

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they never will allow it, sorry, that's how I feel
That's alright, your feeling was that allowing players to place houses on Siege in addition to their production shards would help boost the population of Siege. Well we know how that worked...la

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's alright, your feeling was that allowing players to place houses on Siege in addition to their production shards would help boost the population of Siege. Well we know how that worked...la
worked..... good.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So I've been doing a lot of catching up on the goings on in UO from the last 5 or so years. I understand that when the shard shields were first created, there were not any for the "advanced shards" of Siege and Mugen.

Then with some help from the players, the developers did create Siege and Mugen shields but they are strictly for deco. I completely understand this as it keeps players from transferring to these shards and for very good reasons.

Here's my question...would it be possible to make these shields work, but only allow players to transfer between the two shards? Basically, you would have to have a single character and leave the other shard with an empty slot to allow movement between the two. Not sure if this would cause issues with banking, but it would give us Siege/Mugen players a chance to transfer back and forth like all of the production shard players can.

Just a thought...la
you say Advanced i say Handicapped, potato potato, tomato tomato.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And it did, I did want a max size of the second house, like 2 storage or small Classic, I did not get that but that do not mean we can't get changes in the furture if it become a problem

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just a thought...la
Even though both shards have the same ruleset, they are not exactly the same. Mugen has a "Trammel" *twitches* facet, even though it has a Felucca ruleset. I do not know if they are similar enough to allow transfers, that is for the Devs to find out. In my opinion, with the convenience of transferring, would probably come the inconvenience of duping bugs.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, if duping would begin...disregard the suggestion. Just thought it would be fun to travel from shard to shard, even if it meant I only could do it with one character. I have a character in RoT on Mugen and have for years, it was always funny to go to their Trammel and not be affected by the Trammel ruleset...la

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IT would probably be too much work, but I don't see why having Siege/Mugen shields work only between the two shards, but with certain limitations.
1. Both Shards would get an extra slot, that would only accommodate a transferred character.
2. Only the character, spellbooks and crafter-made belongings on the paperdoll transfer. No pets, no arties, no loot, no gold. Illegal items drop off paperdoll into the pack or bank box on the home account.
3. The character isn't actually transferred off the home shard, but copied as in #2. However, while on the other shard, the character can't long on to their original shard (though, theoretically, the account's SP & Mugen characters could swap out for the duration by both transferring).
4. If they transfer back, their presence on the other shard goes away (transfer slot is emptied, as deletion). The transfer conditions are the same, otherwise, and the equipment they wear back replaces the equipment they left with when they get home (transferring back with nothing in a slot deletes whatever is in the slot back home). Illegal items drop into the bank back of the standard slot of the account for that shard.
5. Deletion of the transfer slot (without transfer back) reactivates the original character on the home shard, but they lose everything on their paperdoll on the original.

This would prevent duping, prevent loss of shard-specific treasures, but allow someone to visit without completely starting from scratch.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A lot of coding, for something only a few would use

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I for one would not want to open this Pandora's box...

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thanks, everything on Siege should stay there and nothing should get there from Mugen. I hope they never will allow it, sorry, that's how I feel
I'm neither for or against the idea. But would you care to elaborate why you are against the idea? You seem to have negated it without a second thought. I'd be interested in hearing your reasons for feeling so strongly against it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Keep Siege unique. I wish the same for Mugen.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of coding, for something only a few would use
Believe it or not, you really don't speak for everyone on Siege. Not to hurt your feelings, or further ostracize myself, but at some point, someone's gotta say it. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Believe it or not, you really don't speak for everyone on Siege. Not to hurt your feelings, or further ostracize myself, but at some point, someone's gotta say it. :)
I know, but like others, I have an opinion and I never learned to shut my mouth and just follow the herd, just live with it :p