• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Prefixes. Do we want them here?

Should this Forum use Shard Prefixes for Thread Subjects/Titles?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No.

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please vote Yes or No. There is no Undecided/Abstain option for I want a good consensus of how many want it and how many do not.

The Shard Prefix here would pertain to the Shard a Trader is seeking to get their part of the deal on, not what Shard they have items to Trade for.

For instance, say I have Gifts on Baja, Napa Valley, Lake Austin, and Oceania and I seek Gifts in return on Origin. I would prefix my thread with [Origin], not Baja, Napa Valley, Lake Austin, or Oceania.

I'll leave this poll running for a week or two.

Feel free to discuss by replying here!

B

BardMal

I would prefer less restrictions rather than more as a general rule in life.

I understand the rational for ID and it's a good one.

If it makes your life as a moderator easier, then I am for it.

I do consider us cross shard traders as a community, and I personally would like to hear from my fellows in the "shard importing business" more often, rather than less.

One of my purposes in going to town hall meetings is to meet the folks like Oriana and her clan and to make more contacts for my "preferred play style".

I don't want to have to check in on every shard board to find out what's going on with my friends. If they feel they want to share something with me/us I would prefer they feel welcome to post where it can catch my attention.

Maybe if this does become a mandatory, we could have a sticky post for the cross sharders; a social tavern where we could post pictures of our cats, kids, and cars/ what have you.

There are two forums I check regularly, my home shard of Legends, and the Holiday traders forum. Lack of new posts into these two forums drives me into the bad neighborhood of UHaul and it's dark environs.

I am happy to be a member of this forum, and will abide by what ever Orvago and the majority decide. I am blessed to have so many good trade partners that I struggle to keep up with you, and for that I am grateful.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it makes your life as a moderator easier, then I am for it.
Not at all, personally I like the way our forum here is now. My only motive is to do what the majority of traders here would want to make it easier for them. Do not worry about me but thanks for the consideration, indeed!

*Orvago smiles*

B

BardMal

Could we have a sticky post for "Who we are" where we post pictures of our cats and us?

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we have a sticky post for "Who we are" where we post pictures of our cats and us?
Go for it, once created I'll sticky it. I'd much rather see Community Created threads stickied than my own.

*Orvago smiles*

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okays, this has been up a while and at this time the votes are tied 4 to 4. So.. Things will stay as they are here!

Thanks everyone!

*Orvago bows*