• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard populations

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets just quit necroing this thread.

Official numbers pulled from my @$$.

Atlantic has 800 active accounts

Each other shard has between 5 and 50.

Until you get something from EA go with those and quit asking.

I'm not touching this.
Just saying.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets just quit necroing this thread.

Official numbers pulled from my @$$.

Atlantic has 800 active accounts

Each other shard has between 5 and 50.

Until you get something from EA go with those and quit asking.
the answer is 42 guy . . .

JJ Oliver

Visitor
It may not require an exact shard consolidation. They could add an expansion that has a new town/world that all shard players can go to. So there could be an active bank town atmosphere like there was back in the day. Now to make this not pointless, there could be access to instanced dungeons through this town/world. So there could be an instance version of Shame, Deceit, Doom, etc... while still keeping the shards, and all of the houses people have placed on their respective shards. Some people might be worried that the non-instanced dungeons would die off, and we would create another second age-like wasteland of Tram/Fel/Ilsh etc... but I dont think that would happen. I love soloing those dungeons or going with my guild. Besides, I am on Pacific and there are quite a bit of people i see all the time, and that is not even the most populous server.

And some will say "but then they would lose business from character transfer etc" well you cannot go to the other shards. Just the instanced town/world and dungeons. You can stop inter-shard trades if needed as well. Although a system of selling items across shards in that instance would be pretty cool. Anyway... more stuff that is never going to happen.

Fect777

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Although time zone is different, Atlantic server and Asuka server seem to have high population density. I'm an Asian Arirang server user. There are about 120 active users in the chat room. But now Arirang comes with a low population density. I'm also curious about the high-medium low standard.

From arirang balhae wooni father.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hawkke

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wow, I started this thread in 2017 and just got an alert in my email that someone replied to it, so guess ill throw my 2 cents in.
I would like to see a completely new shard or take the least populated shard and wipe it. with fel only no tram but not all siege rules, you can have more than one character, normal xp gain, no transfers on or off the server, and siege travel rules and high priced npc vendors to promote trade between players. This would be a completely new server completely wide open. This would reset the inflated economy and give everyone a chance at a lvl playing field again. I think this might help new players not feel so behind the curb and make the whole map relevant again. And older players who truly enjoy the game and not just hanging out at the bank would probably like the challenge of starting over again while still keeping there huge houses and rare items on other shards. Just a thought. I know i would give it another go on something like this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, I started this thread in 2017 and just got an alert in my email that someone replied to it, so guess ill throw my 2 cents in.
I would like to see a completely new shard or take the least populated shard and wipe it. with fel only no tram but not all siege rules, you can have more than one character, normal xp gain, no transfers on or off the server, and siege travel rules and high priced npc vendors to promote trade between players. This would be a completely new server completely wide open. This would reset the inflated economy and give everyone a chance at a lvl playing field again. I think this might help new players not feel so behind the curb and make the whole map relevant again. And older players who truly enjoy the game and not just hanging out at the bank would probably like the challenge of starting over again while still keeping there huge houses and rare items on other shards. Just a thought. I know i would give it another go on something like this.
You realize this would last about a week... then power gamers would be all over everyone else and the cheating hackers would dominate in that time and it would be like old UO where new players couldn't even step foot outside town without being ganked by PK squads... No one would be able to do anything without "knowing" people who are already power gaming hackers... it wouldn't stop the cheating, wouldn't stop the rampant abuse of the game... and likely wouldn't stop the scammers and other folk... and pretty soon it'd be a ghost town just like FEL everywhere else... because cheaters don't like to actually have to fight they want to pick off easy targets... they want lambs for the slaughter... once the lambs get fed up and return to normal UO... on their normal shards and the "novelty" wore off it would be just another empty server.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The deadest North American Shards

1) Sonoma (very low)
2) Baja/Napa Valley (tied for 2nd lowest population) (low)
3) Origin/Lake Austin (tied for 3rd) (low)

The most active North American Shards

1) Atlantic (High)
2) Great Lakes (Medium)
3) Lake Superior (Medium)
4) Ches/Catskills/Legends (tied for 4th) (Medium/Low)
5) Pacific (Medium/Low)
What about the Asian Shard ? What are the most and least populated there ?

And Oceania, how is that one ?

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about the Asian Shard ? What are the most and least populated there ?

And Oceania, how is that one ?

I play Oceania from time to time, its quiet with the same groups there. But they are extremely welcoming and active, always people online willing to join in and do something as a team.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You realize this would last about a week... then power gamers would be all over everyone else and the cheating hackers would dominate in that time and it would be like old UO where new players couldn't even step foot outside town without being ganked by PK squads... No one would be able to do anything without "knowing" people who are already power gaming hackers... it wouldn't stop the cheating, wouldn't stop the rampant abuse of the game... and likely wouldn't stop the scammers and other folk... and pretty soon it'd be a ghost town just like FEL everywhere else... because cheaters don't like to actually have to fight they want to pick off easy targets... they want lambs for the slaughter... once the lambs get fed up and return to normal UO... on their normal shards and the "novelty" wore off it would be just another empty server.
IMO dying thousands (maybe more) of times outside GZ was what made the game fun, having to run somewhere could be difficult, but also fun HUGE group fights. I like UO now, and I liked UO then. I'd sure be willing to try a new hybrid shard. I do agree the amount of people that run scripts for pvp is disgusting, you can tell right away who's doing it. If they made a new shard I'd Def try it, but that would have to be enforced on it to retain anyone.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play Oceania from time to time, its quiet with the same groups there. But they are extremely welcoming and active, always people online willing to join in and do something as a team.
I just gotta say something here about "dead" shards. A low population shard is not necessarily a dead shard. I've been playing Lake Austin recently for a change, and at least a dozen players are almost always active, and more importantly, actively helping each other. So don't be fooled by PvP/PKer terminology ("I don't see everybody fighting all the time, so it's dead"). Not so.