• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard population

T_Jones

Journeyman
Would you help to compile a list of shards based on population,

1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Catskills
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

such that new and returning players may avoid the already dead shards.

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those other shards could use players and usually have a core group of people who are willing to help out,,more important is pick a shard you think you’ll have fun on and go with it,,,to each it’s own,,,

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really Great Lakes? Go do a vendor search that exludes Fel and shows prices High to low. That will show you which shards have a population that can support an economy.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really Great Lakes? Go do a vendor search that exludes Fel and shows prices High to low. That will show you which shards have a population that can support an economy.
ATL only functions bec everyone's generally forced to go there. GL can be questionable sure, but it has more of a functional economy that works compared to atl.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ATL only functions bec everyone's generally forced to go there. GL can be questionable sure, but it has more of a functional economy that works compared to atl.
So I can find pet scrolls on GL?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I can find pet scrolls on GL?
Possibly, but my remarks were / are in relations to affordable pricing as in how an economy actually works among a slew of other ways.

ATL has what it has bec of the force issue of going there to find something bec everyone goes there to make that high end dollar amount. Case in point an asshat named Icaro on GL qhod rather make an extra 5m but has stated... f you. If I dont sell it here I'll just goto atl :)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Would you help to compile a list of shards based on population,

1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Catskills
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

such that new and returning players may avoid the already dead shards.

Maybe they want to play on the shard that they use to, or prefer a"dead" shard. Lets let them choose for themselves and not push them to where we want them to go.

Chances are they won't stick around more than a month anyways ...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they want to play on the shard that they use to, or prefer a"dead" shard. Lets let them choose for themselves and not push them to where we want them to go.

Chances are they won't stick around more than a month anyways ...
I started on Baja in 02 had a long hiatus and ended on gl lil over a yr after playing with a post here for about a week before settling gl 15months ago.

But most new players will sadly settle atl.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But most new players will sadly settle atl.
We have had a lot of returning players this year. Many have stayed and play often. That's why Deceit is always full. A great time for returners to get some nice items by playing instead of having to buy with gold.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have had a lot of returning players this year. Many have stayed and play often. That's why Deceit is always full. A great time for returners to get some nice items by playing instead of having to buy with gold.
Never said they wouldn't stay, but ya... a lot are and that's good. I got lucky when I settled gl from baja I think I said 15ish months ago.

Had one token on me and I think 200m so I was one of a lucky few to come back with something and be able to go somewhere.

Glad I did, but I'm paid out til may 2024.

Bit as far as deceit goes. I got my jawbone but still need to go back for the map and book of three as far as items I want just bec.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My thing is why was Atlantic picked as the trade shard to go to for most items?

I lucked out when I returned was already there so I stayed there.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thing is why was Atlantic picked as the trade shard to go to for most items?

I lucked out when I returned was already there so I stayed there.
Fair q but it seems to have always been that way imo, at least since I wana say maybe 2008ish if not a bit later... as to the when it became that way or why. No idea...

That said, even if ATL wasn't "picked" it most likely would have been another shard.

But to this day, bec of ATL. It truly has in my opinion hurt the game in some respects and will continue to do so with no way out that I'm currently seeing.

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never said they wouldn't stay, but ya... a lot are and that's good. I got lucky when I settled gl from baja I think I said 15ish months ago.

Had one token on me and I think 200m so I was one of a lucky few to come back with something and be able to go somewhere.

Glad I did, but I'm paid out til may 2024.

Bit as far as deceit goes. I got my jawbone but still need to go back for the map and book of three as far as items I want just bec.
I was luckly as well when I came back in 2009. My miner bank was full of ore so was able to sell it off. I still had some gold and one char had a bank box of house placement tools. The deeds all became tools did not learn that until later

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep..Part of the game evolution. Also see what you said. You go to ATL if things don't sell at GL, and you go there to buy stuff probably. There is no way to prohibit players to settle on ATL, and at this point no way to prohibit players from other shards to travel to ATL. In smaller shards, including GL, you simply will not find items on VS or otherwise. ATL is something that evolved through the years. Booming population and shopping center. No easy way out of that, unless they do not mind turning a few thousand accounts to drop out by messing violently with this system. Shard bound items are an example of trying to "correct" this, and there are may people that already are planning to move, or play mostly on ATL due to this, and lots of people griping about it, so doubt that this had any "good" effect, and may cause major issues if "shard bound" rewards is the way from here forward with the new Robo-Events.