• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Shard Lore] The Game of Intrigue: Rumors and Heresay Of The Realm

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm beginning this thread as a place for us to post small stories, rumors, and heresay that might currently be spreading throughout the Five Worlds of the Baja Shard.

I got the idea from the Second Edition of The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting: Running The Realms, written by Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb.

News of the Realms

The following items report the greater and lesser events of the year 1367 DR/9 PR, nine years after the Time of Troubles. DM's may opt to to use this as background story for their own adventures in the Realms, or start player characters at Hammer and have them live out a year in the life of the Realms as news flows in. These news items and rumors should be used as the heresay they are; DM's should feel free to modify them to fit their campaigns.
The basic concept is for us to prompt storylines, interaction, and possibly even an event or two based on some of the rumors being spread. It is a way for us, the roleplayers, to define what rumors may or may not currently be spreading amongst the gossips and drunkards inhabiting our local taverns, or amongst the noveau rich of Lord Casca's Court.

A couple examples from the Dungeon Masters Guide.

Hammer

An unseasonable plague has erupted in Iriaebor, claiming 20 lives before being contained by the collective actions of local temples. The disease, called the Spotted Plague, is noted by the flushed appearance of the victim, whose flesh is dotted with white pustules. Death comes within 24 hours of first symptoms. The churches of Eldath, Selune, and Chauntea mobilized their forces to combat it, calling in every available wandering priest to aid their churches.

The prescence of a virulent plague in the heart of winter leads some to believe that the disease was magically sent or the result of godly influence. Tattooed women and men were said to have traveled through town several weeks before the outbreak, and Talona is being blamed.​

Alturiak

A sledge caravan bucking heavy snows west of Priapurl was attacked by drow raiders at dusk a tenday or so ago as it was hurrying towards a sheltered campsite. Only the prescence of two minor wizards in the caravan snatched certain victory from the drow, who attacked with sleep-poisoned crossbow bolts and javelins ("at least 40 strong"). After several fireballs were hurled and a handful of drow slain blade to blade, the dark elves fled.

As proof of their tale, the wizards brought four drow corpses to Priapurl. Several adventuring bands have set out in search of the drow, and all caravan guards in the area have been raised to triple strength.​
You can also see as you skip ahead a couple months, how the rumors continued.

Tarsakh

Drow have attacked the city of Assam, north of Ormath in the Shining Plains in force and have been beaten back with heavy losses on both sides. The Fellowship of the Spiked Fist, a local mercenary band, was hastily hired by a merchant in neighboring Ormath whose family and goods-warehouses were both trapped in Assam. The Spiked Fist's volleys of fire arrows and charge into the drow forces from the rear routed the dark elves. City rulers in Wesgate, the Dragon Coast, and the Vilhon Reach are all said to be worried that this attack represents a new drow invasion of the surface lands, and are arming and making plans for war.​

Mirtul
Drow have been seen on the streets of Calaunt by night; rumors are spreading that the rulership of that city has entered into a secret alliance with the dark elves. Strange ships are appearing in the city and docking at guarded places, remaining lifeless by day, and becoming the center of bustling activity by night. Some merchants of the Dragons Reach lands claim to recognize some of these ships as vessels belonging to known pirates of the Sea of Fallen Stars. An adventuring band, the Ladies of the Green Shield, was slaughtered near Calaunt recently, and some say they die because they came upon a drow band by night.​
As you can see, some of these rumors may or may not be rooted in fact. Often, they possess a small grain of truth, but we can twist them however they see fit.

So, start posting some rumors!

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Overheard in the Horse's Head

I stopped into the Horse’s Head in Jhelom, Felucca, as I oftentimes do, though with much less frequency as of late … old bones don’t take the sea voyage as well as they used to …​

Where was I … oh yes! I stopped in to have a cold ale and one of Murdock’s delicious spiced legs of lamb, you really should try one they are quite good. While enjoying my food, I noticed the patrons and staff alike were huddled in groups exchanging hurried and excited whispers. Me bones might be old and frail, but me ears work better than ever in my old age! I quietly took a long drink from my mug and heard fragments of disturbing talk.
“ … the seas! They crashed like thunder! I don’t know how we survived … “

“ … that’s what he said! I swear to it, the land opened up and he lost his best … “

My curiosity peaked, I quickly finished my meal and waved away the waitress, Trudy is her name, sweet girl, if not a bit on the odd side … I’ll never know how she keeps that head warm in the winter …​

Where was I … oh yes! I brought my dishes up to the barkeep, Bret, and while searching through my pouches to pay, I asked him what the excitement was about. He leaned in close, glancing about the room, to make sure no one was watching, and bid me closer. I leaned over the bar, expecting to hear a great secret about mysterious happenings, and he spoke in a hushed tone,​

“Yer coins … they’re in the pouch to the left there,” he said, nodding towards my belt. “I swear you look for it every time you come in here old man, and it is always in the same spot.”
I shrugged and mumbled something about being senile, as I handed him a few gold coins. He walked away shaking his head and chuckling under his breath. So much for my nonchalance …
When Bret returned he did tell me a tale, of many tales he had heard recently. The seas were angry, and their wrath was only overshadowed by the land itself, which shook and groaned, as if trying to break free of its foundations and join the sea in revolt! Rumors of folk noticing the land near to sea and mountains, torn asunder swallowing people and animals alike! Only to close back up with the ferocity of a thousand bee stung titans! His tales grew more outlandish and farfetched, the more excited he grew. I knew after my third ale, that we had reached the extent of his 'knowledge' about the situation. I was more than willing to sit and listen, but when I heard him retell a tale of woe, involving a small girl named Gretel, strikingly similar to a tale two ales before focused on a young boy named Hansel, I knew it was time to return to the ship.
When I left, I had more questions than answers …​

The news sounded close to home, and I was beginning to regret having spent much of the last fortnight in Luna, helping with the library. I would have to keep my eyes open around Avalon, I decided, as my ship glided into Arrow’s Point Bay.​

Not that I believed this nonsense about belching seas and land that swallows mind you! But when dealing with the unknown, I have found, one can never be too careful.​

Especially when you hear the news in the Horse's Head!​

Xanth de Orlig [CoA]
Historian, Citizens of Avalon

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Rumors Hit Avalon

The tremors came on without warning. Well there might have been warning …​

I told them! I did!

Mistake said my gears needed greasing!

Ghoti told me I’d eaten too much moldy bread!

But I warned them!
No one believed my stories from the Horse’s Head. When I tried to tell them of the strange occurrences, on land and sea, they blew them off, as the ramblings of an old man. And I suppose after weeks of calm seas and the carefree meandering of local sheep … all did seem quite … normal. That all changed last night.

I was working on transcribing a particularly difficult scroll, recovered by Mistake, while mining deep inside the caves of Prison Peak. Well, now that I think about it I may have been taking a slight break …

I awoke when the books lining my study, threw themselves from the shelves, and buried me in an avalanche of knowledge! I heard the most horrendous noise outside knew it wasn’t just the locals celebrating the recent holiday … I’ve heard some pretty impressive booms in my day, well just last year a young gypsy concocted the most devious little firecracker. I believe you can still see bits of his shirt fused to the side of the mountain … but I digress!

It was just was just after dawn, so I grabbed my lantern to help my waning eyesight in the early morning light, and moved to the front walk of the keep. It took me a moment to fully comprehend what it was I saw before me. What was once a field, used by the local shepherds to graze their herds, or as a campsite for the numerous gypsy caravans moving through the area, was now something totally different.

The tremor I felt, had done more than just knock the books off my shelves it seems. The ground had been torn apart! The land had risen and dropped so violently that was a great rift formed in the middle of the field. The sea had rushed in, to fill one fracture, creating what looked to be a stream, and there was a great upheaval past that, where the land seemed to rise, or drop … leaving a jagged wall of stone and earth.

I felt the stones of my own keep and said a prayer to whatever god had blessed its construction, for it was no worse for wear following the tremor, and quickly headed for the door. I made it next door and saw that besides some settling dust, the Guard Tower had not been overly disturbed either. I meant to congratulate Mistake on his solid construction … but eventually decided against it … he was bad enough without me inflating his head even more!

After much work waking Mistake (he assured me it was his work at the anvil that allowed him to sleep through the tumult, and not his work on the bottle beside him) we went to inspect the area. Mistake was quite thrilled. With his ear to the stone, he assured me that there was much more here than a new hill. He pointed out many places that seemed more crafted wall than earthen stone. He has decided to excavate immediately, and has already drawn up plans on how to go about it.

I left him to it, and gratefully went back to my study to finish my na … ahh, transcribing that scroll …

Even though no one will admit that I warned them of this happening, I know what I heard in the Horse’s Head. From the stories, it would seem we got off lucky. I can’t help but think what else may be coming. The air has been different in the northern wilds of Felucca as of late, I suppose we will just have to wait and see.​

Xanth de Orlig [CoA]
Historian, Citizens of Avalon

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Rumors and Heresay Of The Realm

Hah, the way my luck has been running lately I'll probably fall in one of those holes while idoc scouting. And maybe get excavated sometime next month?

Great story. :)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors
WarderDragon

These are rumors that have been heard in and around their respective locations.

Rumors are often just that. Rumors. But sometimes even a rumor bears with it a single grain of truth.

Britain -

Books about Lithos - Titan of the Earth - and the Shadowlords have been reported stolen from the Castle Scriptorium.

Last evening a commotion was heard coming from the West Garrison. Some claim that the Corporal - Brackus - managed to find himself locked in the same Jail he had commissioned earlier this month.

The Guard has come under fire in some circles for its increasingly draconian methods used to quell the Plague.

Blackrock - a substance that remains illegal within Britannia - has been showing up on the Black Markets of Britain. The mineral - a component often used in spells of a more sinister nature - is being shipped to the Capitol in unlabeled containers, often amongst other goods, leaving it almost impossible to detect.

The Blackrock Shipments have been traced to Northern Felucca. But no other details have emerged.

John and Alma Winchester - wanted for their involvement in the Plague of Britain - were spotted leaving Vesper during the night of the Festival. It seems the pair are destined to return to their home before the weeks end.

It is rumored that a Pirate Fleet has anchored off the coast of Marble Isle. Britannian Merchants fear the Pirates intend to begin harassing Trade Vessels entering the Bay.​

Magincia -

The Demeter - painted black and garbed in tattered sails - appeared off the coast of Magincia more than a fortnight ago. Onlookers describe a ship that is ...Strange. Malevolent. No movement is seen when the sun is up. But as soon as night falls the Ship comes to life. Men - or what are assumed to be men - can be seen moving back and fourth on deck. Crates have been unloaded onto the Isle.

Customs has investigated some of these crates - which have been stored at the Bank of Magincia - but have found nothing amiss. The Crates are filled with rich soil and are assumed to be destined for the Gardens.

Ash Campbell - made famous for his recent involvement in shipping plagued grain to Britain - has reportedly bought passage for Magincia. The unscrupulous merchant - who was banished from Dawn and is wanted in Britain for questioning - seems to be seeking refuge on the Isle and a new market for his goods.​

Umbra -

A Fae Creature - with the torso of a man and the legs of a goat - is reported to have entered the Necropolis more than a week ago. He thrust himself into the Bloodletters Guild and threatened to expose himself if the Embalmers did not release the head of a Dark Elf.

Guardswoman Szentasha the Umbral claims to have been seduced by the strange creature and now bears his child.

A Necromantic Scholar is reported to be writing a novel that he hopes will appeal to the Britannians and will calm their fears of the Black Art. He calls his novel Chicken Soup for the Soulless.

The High Sea -

A month ago, Sailors from the Southern Isles reported seeing a column of flame erupt from the Isle of Fire. Those who have investigated since report discovering a tall, ruined tower set amongst the volcanic cindercones. The doors to the structure are locked, and attempts to penetrate it - or scale the walls - have been met with disasterous consequences.

Merchants and natives believe the building is cursed, and even the bravest explorers claim the building sends an inhuman chill down their spines.​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Magincia -

Iron, Lumber and Stone are being imported into Magincian ports in increasing quantities. While some hail this as the rebirth of a major Britannian trade post, others in Court whisper their fears of sedition. Some fear Magincia might become too powerful for its own good, in an era when Britannia can no longer man its own outposts and depends on mercenaries from the Border Kingdoms to defend its Cities.

Men wearing the Colors of the Britannian Guard have been met with hostile looks and remarks from Magincian Citizens. Those in power have seen fit to remind the Guard that it is more than capable of defending its own.

The Chimera - reported to be responsible for assaults on Britannian merchant vessels - has been seen patrolling the waters between Magincia and Britain.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors - June 2011
WarderDragon

These are rumors that have been heard in and around their respective locations.

Rumors are often just that. Rumors. But sometimes even a rumor bears with it a single grain of truth.

You are invited to build on this list.

Britain: Capitol of the Kingdom -

Rumors are spreading that Magdalena - heir to the Houses of Shieba and Canzione - plans to restore the Queendom at some point in the future.

Nicholas Tarrant is said to have threatened the Corporal of the Town Guard during an altercation nights ago. It is believed their argument had something to do with the recent Plague.

Britannia seems to have hired a new Crown Emissariat. Targon. It is unclear if he is to replace Ashmole - Herald to the Late Queen - or is a companion to the corrupt politician.

Mograine - Retired Knight and Bartender at the Cats Lair - is said to have been injured via stabbing earlier this week. The rough man is said to have attempted to stitch the wound together himself before a woman stopped him. He intends to return to Bartending sometime before the end of the month.​

Magincia: The Isle of Pride -

An Umbran Lordling was seen leaving the Sea Witch last night hours after midnight. Rumor has it he is hiring assassins.

The New Magincian Trading Co. [NMTC] has formed on the Southern edge of the Isle. The Network claims purports to be a legitimate and reputable shipping organization - increasing the wealth of the Magincians while building ties to Border Kingdoms such as Hearthfire and Dawn - but some claim otherwise.

Several recent recruits are known Pirates and Bandits that have operated through the Eastern Sea. Perhaps their Owner - Valek - intends to rehabilitate them with honest labor?​

Umbra: The Necropolis -

Alouekinah - Consort to Lindae Seirien - is rumored to have been murdered last night in the Vale of Wrong. The errant lord was seen to have been returning with the a wrapped human form slung over a horse during the morning hours.​

Latinum: Luna and Hearthfire -

Rumors are spreading that a Liche has been wandering the woods near Hearthfire Haven.​

Dawn: The Kingdom of the Blue Rose -

Word is spreading that the Grand Duchess Wildstar - Guardian to Prince Riain and Steward of the Realm - has met with representatives of the Isle of Magincia who wish to establish trading contacts between their cities.​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Posted June 22nd.

Lindae Seiren said:
Nicholas Tarrant - citizen of the Kingdom of Dawn and Lord of the Vale - is rumoured to have been slain by a rogue grizzly bear, which escaped into the surrounding forest immediately afterward, as he sat in his office this evening. Witnesses say that the bear was not armed.

Proserpina, often called the Green Witch, suffers from a disease (possibly a gypsy curse) that makes her eyebrows and her nipples exchange places at unpredictable intervals.
Proserpina said:
*found on a slip of paper outside of Yew*

Proserpina's To-Kill List:

1.) Fern Goodfellow *is struck out with notation 'step in line for this one'*

2.) Lindae

3.) his pudgy little gypsy friend
WarderDragon said:
Britain -

The Chimera has been docked at Britain Harbor without submitting taxes for a week. The Town Guard has been alerted.

Magincia -

A Guardsman associated with Britain - Ric Flair - is rumored to have attempted to break into the bedroom of Circe two nights ago. He was stopped at weapon point.

Rumors are spreading that the Magincians intend to form their own Government in opposition to the High Council.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors

You are welcome to build on this list.

I. Tensions between Britannia and Magincia continue to escalate as the two powers set about forming their own respective governments and institutions.

While no one believes there will be a peaceful outcome to this conflict - the beating of swords resonates on both sides of the Strait of Britannia - some whisper that there is a power behind both sides manipulating events towards war and bloodshed. One who has something to gain from the conflict.

The truth remains to be seen.

II. Elladan - Paladin of Trinsic and Advocate of a Peaceful and Unitied Sosaria - ordered a Warship sailed into the Magincian Harbor two evenings ago.

He announced during a meeting in the Throne Room that his ship - the S.S. Sosaria - is loaded with cannons and other mechanized weapons. His little surprise for the unsuspecting Magincians.

III. ...the ship has since vanished.

IV. House Seiren of the Umbral - notable of late for its declaration of War against Magincia and the Blood of Tarrant - is reported to have disappeared into Ilshenar in the hours following the ressurection of its patriarch's nemesis.

The Necromancer and his consort are at large. But it is said the two were seen near Skara Brae this past weekend attempting to purchase an orphan.

What impact their disappearance has on the Necrarchs move to War against Magincia remains to be seen.

V. Nicholas Tarrant - not more than a few evenings following his apparent ressurection - is reported to have entered the Sea Witch Tavern and confronted a Mistress Circe.

When their discussion was finished he turned on the rest of the gathered. "We know when a human has wronged us. We can smell it." Witnesses claim he looked at Circe with a chilling smirk and then turned to the door.

Upon departing he was pursued by three men. Fig the Ancient. Lance Marshal. And Tokugawa. His trail led them to Southern Ilshenar where he was found seated upon a throne in the Cavern of the Twisted Weald.

Each was allowed to ask one question of him before being made to depart. The nature of their discussions remains ...unknown.

VI. Alouenikah - Consort to Lindae Seiren - is reported to have extinguished the Foxclaw population in Northern Yew earlier this week.

This is not the first report of his more violent tendancies. It is said he also once captured a man so that he might drain his blood and sell it on the Black Market. A grave offense.

VII. Thanatos - known as the "God of Death" in the Blood Colieseum of J'helom - escaped his cell four evenings ago. He is described as an albino with elven features and a muscular torso.

Five million gold pieces are being offered for his capture.​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Rumors Continued: July 23rd -

I. Alouenikah of House Seiren has been murdered.

The nature of his demise remains unclear. But Nicholas Tarrant was witnessed dumping the mans corpse on the steps of the Sea Witch Tavern in Northern Magincia.

Valek and Annie of the NMTC discovered the corpse moments later and dragged it into the basement beneath the tavern.

The nature of his demise remains unclear. But Nicholas Tarrant was witnessed dumping his remains on the steps of the Sea Witch Tavern in Northern Magincia. Valek and Annie of the New Magincian Trading Co. discovered the corpse and dragged it into the basement beneath the tavern.

Lindae - upon receiving a note from Tarrant - discovered his lovers remains in the basement and returned them to Umbra. There Proserpina used her blood to return the corpse to a state of feral unlife.

It is unclear what arrangement the two had. There is no love lost between the Green Witch and the Patriarch of Umbra.

II. Sheep painted with the words No More War with Britannia and Find Peace Not War appear to have been distributed throughout the townships of Magincia and Luna these past nights.

Several were later found butchered by parties unknown, hanging from the trees of Western Magincia.

III. Screams were heard last night coming from the Hall of Worlds north of Serpents Pass.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Rumors Continued: July 25th -

I. A pair of rangers near Skara Brae - Preston and Erik - were found dead this morning in the woods near the Village.

While their bodies appear to have been drained of blood - prompting superstitious fears of Vampires and Ghouls - the mens throats were slashed open by a bladed instrument. Not pierced.

II. Alouenikah of House Seiren was brought back from his feral state earlier this evening and appears to be recovering from his wounds.

Posted by Noble Beast -

After being beaten & subdued, Valek & Lynne of Magincia have been kidnapped. According to witnesses, Lady Claudia Drusilla & Lord Tokugawa of HearthFire Village, both of the victims were being dragged through a moongate while the witnesses watched helplessly from Tokugawa's sea-vessel. Both witnesses claim the kidnappers, six humanoids, were wearing gray hooded-shrouds & could not be identified. No official report has been filed with Magincia or Britain.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors - August 2011 the Summer of Love
WarderDragon

You are welcome to build on this list.

- Valek Typhoon - Captain of the Chimera - and Lynne Zellinous of Magincia have announced their engagement. The two are expected to be wed sometime this autumn upon the Isle of Pride.

- Lindae Seiren has also announced that he is to wed his longtime consort and lover.

Seeking a return to Virtue - and the tenants of Lord Cantabrigian - Lindae has petitioned Councillor Elladan to officiate their nupitals. No word on whether the elected Paladin has accepted or not.

The two are expected to be wed in Castle Britannia sometime this Autumn.

- Natalie Vain - a Shepherdess from the Magincia - claims to have been driven from the Isle of Pride.

However - despite the rapt glee of some Britannian's - those responsible do not appear to be Magincian.

This note was found at the Magincian Gazebo three evenings ago: So you have returned, Natalie! Soon, I will find you, and when I do, I will destroy you and your family!

Oh, by the way, your sheep in Magincia, they taste delicious!
- Irene Enterprise.

- Proserpina the Witch has been wandering the lands in search of the enigmatic "A."

The man had claimed to have murdered several Magincians to avenge her. Now she wants answers.​

Posted by Lindae -

A Shrine of Humility has mysteriously appeared on the beach at Magincia.

A new commodity has been introduced into Umbra's thriving black market: a strange liquid, described as deep red and coppery in taste, with aphrodesiac and hallucinogenic effects. It is uncertain where this drug originates from. However, several high-end reputable establishments have begun selling it to clients in addition to their services; it reportedly fetches a high price.

The Paladin has refused Seiren's request to officiate his marriage, on a basis of ethical objection. The wedding will still go ahead, with plans to hold the ceremony in the new Shrine of Humility on the Magincian coast; some bureaucratic paperwork has to be worked out before arrangements can be commenced.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
September 2011

- Osiredon the Enforcer has once again assaulted a Merchant Vessel off the coast of Nujel'm.

The Scalis was lured back to the shores of Northern Magincia where it was subdued through the combined efforts of Magincians and mercenaries from the mainland.

Britannian Councillor Goodfellow was on the ship in question. She is reported to be unharmed.

- Alouenikah of House Seiren has been detained in Umbra. The man - who appears to have been suffering the effects of some halucinogenic drug - broke into the Council of Necrarch's and assaulted Ifan Shafiri before being restrained.

He claims the vegitables told him to kill.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors - September 2011
WarderDragon

Rumors are often just that. Rumors. But even cheap tavern gossip bears with it a single grain of truth.

These are the rumors being exchanged in establishments throughout Britannia and the Border Kingdoms. You are invited to build on this list.

A band of filthy, unkept Orcs were seen prowling the streets of Luna this weekend.

Being a city outside the hegemony of Britain, the Greenskins went about their business unmolested and offered no hostility in turn ...save for their offending stench and threatening glares.

But the the group did seem to be planning something. Whispering amongst themselves. Pointing and glaring at various 'hummiez.' Purchasing weapons and armor. And given recent events in Western Britain and Skara Brae, there is some concern over the presence of these Orcs and what they might have planned for Malas.
Ifan Shafiri - the Prime Minister of Umbra - has gone missing.

The nature of his disappearance remains unknown. But sources close to House Shafiri claim the aging patriarch had been partaking in various illicit substances and chemicals. Perhaps in an attempt to restore his youth.

Shafiri is described as a man of average height (though tall amongst the Umbral), slight build, silver hair and dark skin. He wears green robes, often with the hood up, and possesses a ghastly scar on his nose, an injury inflicted upon him by a member of House Seiren.

A replacement for the Prime Minister is currently being sought.

Sister Frances, Tari Tiwele and the Slug were spotted guarding the Sea Witch Tavern from assault this last weekend.

It appears the enigmatic A - still concerned with revenge against the Magincians - remains at large.

In response the Magincians have begun forming a militia of their own. But this has stoked fears in Britain that the Magincians is massing for a war with the recovering Kingdom.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intrigue in the Time of Cholera - December 2011
WarderDragon

An anonymous tip led Britannian mercenaries on a wild goose chase this last evening at the behest of the Physician of Vesper.

Apparently believing us to be her students, the doctor led us through a short monologue about the plague that had begun to ravage the City of Industry. Quite mad, she elaborated on those who had been stricken with the disease, and those children who had died as a result. In exchange for our cooperation, she promised the creation of a panacea.

...10 Savage Berries. 20 Unicorn Ribs. 100 Cups of Fresh Ginger. 100 Vials of Silver Serpent Venom...

The last ingredient on the list, and the most elusive, was the source itself. Apparently the plague wasn't a contagion, as originally believed, but an illness brought on by contamination to the water supply. Find the source. Stop the sickness.

The source itself was discovered at the end of the Vespasian delta, near the Docking and Customs District. Appreciating our brevity, the doctor awarded her so called students with an alchemical mortar and pestle.

Ultimately, the task offered little insight into the increasing turmoil in the north. Instead, it only raised more questions. What caused the very land of Vesper to begin boiling with filth and plague? Or whom...? And how did this relate to other problems in the region, such as the Blackrock trade or the Siege of Mt. Kendall.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anarchists Storm Castle Britannia
WarderDragon

Word has reached us that a group of demoniacs - fanatics and abhumans drawn from the lowest dregs of human civilization - stormed the Imperial Capitol and managed to penetrate the curtain wall of the Palace before being driven out.

Britannians are warned to report outsiders without delay.

The Faithful will have the Council's protection.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imperial Magnate of Vesper Arrested
WarderDragon

Word has reached us that the Imperial Governor of Vesper - a magnate who has ruled since the time of Cantabrigian - has been imprisoned on suspicion of corruption.

Inquisitors have discovered the man to be a cultists and demoniac in league with various seditious elements against Britannia and the High Lords.

Aria McCullough made the arrest.