• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Down

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me either - was watching my screen for gains (figured I might as well train some skills while everyone was off playing in the abyss, heh) and just lost con.

F

Fink

I only just jumped on to crank through some Imbuing gains, so I gather those are gone. I did a Big training session a few hours ago, hope I didn't lose those. :eek:

*edit*

We're back.. we lost less than 4 hours going by my skill.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less than two I think... I was working begging and lost about a whole point, but lost nothing to the fishing I was working before dinner.

:wall:

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Typical - we go down again just as I reveal to cast an ev at the Tokuno spawn. Now I'm gunna come back dead to lizardmen :thumbdown:

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is to be expected with expansion launches. So far this one has been much smoother than ML's, let alone some of the others. I would rather they get the bugs out of the way ASAP anyway.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't that what the Beta was for? :wall:
Yes but beta is on one shard with not nearly as many people playing it. Also what is to stop beta testers from not reporting bugs and once SA goes live using them to their own advantage?

Now that people are actually seriously playing SA many more bugs will be found. It is unreasonable to expect there not to be bugs during the release. I think they have done a good job so far.

F

Fink

Yes but beta is on one shard with not nearly as many people playing it.
If I had to guess I would say Retribution had more people than Oceania on it, even in closed beta.

I must say, I'm enjoying my new invisible frenzied ostard..

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had to guess I would say Retribution had more people than Oceania on it, even in closed beta.

I must say, I'm enjoying my new invisible frenzied ostard..
More than Oceania yes, but Oce is one of the smallest shards. Most of the shards would have way more than Retri did.

...and besides. Some of us had a ping of 1000+ to Retri during closed beta. I logged on it twice, could hardly move, and gave up. Partly my fault for having wireless broadband at the time, but even on my ADSL now I ping 500+ to TC1. They really should of started up a TC in Japan, it would of enabeled a lot more people to properly test it.

K

Katlene

i had the same drama, i only logged into beta a couple of times but i was such a pain to move around that i just didnt bother
now i just need to figure out wtf to do now! im totally lost. Fumble my way through i guess

F

Fink

Most of the stuff I beta tested was static sort of gameplay, but it was pretty laggy to move. I recently had worse lag on Oceania.. thankfully mostly cleared up!:thumbdown:

I asked for a downunder server.. even one in Japan would have done. I understand a good proportion of players are in Japan.

So.. these shard outages are because of fixes? Or because of bugs?