• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Shard Champion crawl

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Saturday we will be doing a shard champion crawl where we will be working our way through the various champ locations in the Lost Lands. The event will be mainly in support of shard newcomers and all shard vets are encouraged to offer scrolls and gold to the NEW members or other bona fide rookies who take part in each hunt.

Start time will be 10am Eastern (7am Pacific, 2pm UK, 3pm CET). Meeting point before and after each spawn will be Skara bank. Please do not start working a spawn before the main party arrives as we do not want the unskilled folk to miss out on the easier first levels. The current progress and location of the event will be updated in this thread, but you can of course just ask in general chat.

Upon completion of each spawn, gold will be pooled and divided among the newcomers. Power scrolls & SoTs will be offered to the newcomers firstly on the basis of who actually can use them. All unclaimed 110/115 scrolls will be saved for NEW. Replicas/rewards will remain the property of whomsoever received them.

Upon completion of the final champion hunt, we hope to finish off with a harrower.

All members of the community are invited to attend, whether to actually kill spawn or just to help heal/equip newcomers. Any new shard member of any level of ability is encouraged to join in, even if you just wish to loot monsters or farm leather. We can provide basic equipment as needed.

Hope to see you there.

Current Location: Finished!

Completed............Type...............120 scrolls (won by)
Khaldun..................Rats................none
City of Dead............Spiders............120 bushido (Agra-lem)
Marble....................Spiders............120 lore (Carolyn)
Damwin...................Demons...........none
Oaks.......................Fey................120 tactics (Agra-lem)
Ice East..................Rats...............120 magery (Merielle)
Desert....................Dragons............none
Oasis.....................Demons.............none
Hopper's Bog...........Spiders.............120 peacemaking (unclaimed)
Tortoise.................Undead.............120 vet (Linda Pen)
Terra Sanctum*........Rats................none
Ice West.................Undead............120 taming (Silent Death)
Harrower.................Covetous..........4x25 (Linda, Silent, Agra-lem, Albertus)

* Sets the official Siege record rat spawn time of 11 minutes, 4 seconds.

Rewards
Swamp tile [Aislinn at Khaldun]
Oblivion's Needle [AEowyn at Marble]
Most Knowledgeable Person robe [AEowyn at Desert]
Mummy wrappings [AEowyn at Tortoise]

Total time around nine and a half hours.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* Excellent. Wish I could be there.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
way too early for me but I hope it goes well, I might be awake by the time you guys get to the harrower :D

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might try and wake up early for the beginning but i gotta be somewhere at 1EST for the rest of the day...

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
way too early for me but I hope it goes well, I might be awake by the time you guys get to the harrower :D
The last time we did this it took around 16 hours I think, although that included an extra Oaks and harrower. That is why we are starting fairly early.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Early, but sounds like fun. I have family issues to work on, but will try and join in when I can. Nice that these things are happening

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like fun Hoffs...but my wife is heading out of town and it will be me with the little fella's that day

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will be there .... will be lots of fun...
i remember when i came to new and we had a shard champion crawl, was a lot of fun!!!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will be there. At least for the first couple of hours.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much for the warning, Tina.

Starts in just under half an hour.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still going strong.

Join in when you log on.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had an absolute blast at the three spawns I was able to attend. Thank you so much for organizing this!

Also, I took screen shots before and after we finished killing Lord Oaks to confirm how bad the loyalty hit was. As you can see, it was very minor, maybe because we had such a nice big crowd.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been a great day but I had to leave. Died many times but was funny lol.

Hope to see some of the screenshots.

Hopefully not of me in my tiny legacy boat lol. Don't have High Seas for my tamer lol

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
great crawl siege .

id like to thank everyone who joined us , especially you faction guys .
some people could have been a serious problem , but werent .

we had some good cooperation . even when each others summons and pets wanted to duke it out . i think we did a good job keeping them apart.

personally i got nuked , but. i only lost an old suit that couldnt be imbued anyway . so its all good . :thumbup1:

was a fun run . we'll have to do it again .

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great job Hoffs.
Also a huge thank you to all who participated especially St. Dismas, always fun having a red about to give you a bit of a scare.

I must say this truly was a shard wide event and the turnout was incredible.

For anyone who missed it there will be more to come and I have a ton of T maps and fishing nets to toss should a smaller party of noobs wish some fun.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great job all and thanks to everyone who turned up for the event. What was particularly encouraging was that we actually seemed to have a better response this time around than we did back in 2008.

Special mention to (I think) Agra-lem, Aislinn and Raptor for sticking with it from start to finish, and to reporter Lady Dreama for covering the event for Stratics.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AEowyn, where is a good place to drop off t-maps?
I have a mailbox on the steps of my tower south of luna just west of the road right by the elf brigand spawn. Or you can drop them in Shalimars mailbox at NEW.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the first video to finish, it's the spawn we did on terra sanctum, 11:04 from the first kill till baracoon hit the floor. Audioswap is in progress, may not have sound yet.

[youtube]njBpguE7Njc[/youtube]

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great video and I loved the old silent movie soundtrack you put to it. I will put an extra martie in my pack to be stolen for any thieves out there. I do try to keep at least one item on me at all times that is well worth stealing.

C

Chevy Aveo

THANKS HOFFS!! although i was SUPER LATE!! lol i made it to GIVE MY SUPER BANDAGES ASSISTS in the horrower! I enjoyed that horrower fight! First time =D. Nice rush. hope to do some more things with everyone!.

Oh and Aeowyn! let me know when we can do some maps lvl 6. i need pardons... and the TH thrill =D

-THE BOBAMAINSTER-

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much for recording and posting the video, Raptor.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the video :D

[size=+4]Hey mum, I'm on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size]

/waves madly at camera