• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shaping, Enhancing and fine tuning VvV.....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When dust settles, al bugs get fixed and the issues with orange perma flagging blues (non-VvV players) are sorted out with a different and better way found to prevent blues non-VvV interaction with VvV battles other then just perma flagging everyone orange, time will come to start fine tuning VvV and grow it bigger and more complex, beyond the single battles, like with adding long term goals (War...), variety of battlefields, and so forth.

VvV "Battles" and VvV "War"....

Personally, in the future, on a long term basis for VvV, I would like to see a divide between VvV "Battles" and the VvV "War".........

After all, it is named after the endless, everlasting War between Virtues and Vices, Evil and Good......

That is, fighting for a Town I see it as a "Battle" but all battles should be towards winning a War, eventually (long term).

And also regarding the VvV Battles, I would like to see some sort of specialization for them as in regards to the "battlefield" where they take place...

Battlfields differentiations...

For example, Towns in Sosaria have their differentiations, Trinsic is a Warriors' heaven, Moonglow is a Mages' paradise, Britain is for all and so forth. Now, like in real life, battlefields matter a lot in war strategies and adjusting to it often means having more chances to win a battle rather then losing it. Hence, I'd love to see the VvV battle engine be capable of giving "bonuses" and "penalties" which vary, acconrding to the different battlefield town.

For example, let's say that a VvV Battle is going to take place in Moonglow. Being it a natural mages' Town, on that Battlefield, all spells will get a boost during the Battle while melee fights will be penalized....

The fight is in Trinsic ? Then Warriors will lead the battle and their fighting will be boosted while spells will get the axe and receive penalties...

The fight is for Skara Brae ? Tamers will be the first line here and their pets will wreck avoc with Mages and Warrios being only of support and less able in the fight....

I hope you got the hang of it, I would love to see battlefields be more meaningfull, in line with the history of Ultima Online and the specialty of Sosarian Towns......

As in regards to the "long term" goal (the VvV "War"....), I would like to see some more spice then just "grabbing the Sigil".....

Points, holding a Town for a given time and the retaking of a town....

Winning the Sigil of a town in a VvV Battle should award points (towards winning the long term War) to the winning faction BUT, holding that Town and Sigil for a given amount of town should bring in more points to that Faction with the down-side, that IF the other faction is able to "retake" the Town within an X amount of days, then the faction which initially cashed in points from taking the Sigil and holding the Town for an X amount of time will loose part of these points towards the long term goal (winning the War...).

The sooner the Faction who lost the Sigil will be able to take it back, the more accumulated points the other Faction will loose.

This, to provide incentive to opposing Factions to WANT to take that Town back especially, if that Town is particularly meaning to that Faction.

Pledges....

We could have VvV "pledges" where factions at the start of a War would "pledge" to protect, particularly, a given Town or Towns from the enemies and receive a "bonus" in points IF they are succesfull in maintaining such pledge but receive penalties from failing in defending the Town or Towns which they pledged to protect at the start of the War...

Basically, I'd like to see more spice added to VvV through adding battlefields variability, long term war strategies applicable and so forth.

Last edited:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the battle/town skill bonuses are such a good idea. People don't participate in any event which they believe the odds are against them. No matter how miniscule the advantage is. I foresee a battlefield full of melee templates standing outside Trinsic staring at each other blankly while a bunch of mages and necros are afk in Moonglow waiting for the RNG to pick their town for the next battle.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may be too much roleplay for the pvpers. Anyway, we are starting small and the devs seem to have mind toward expanding the system in small bits. I like that. So, potential, it's there!