• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crimson Clan Savages

Roleplaying Savages on Siege

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
RP
Language
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Shaman Niha

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Valiquin and Rob sat in front of the great fire of Nanahuatzin as the tribe of savages danced around, calling to their god of fire.

Val could feel the heat on his face through the tribal mask he was wearing. He looked over to Rob, his newly appointed apprentice who likewise donned the blue mask of an outsider. Tonight was the Crimson moon, a holy night for the Crimson Clan savages.

Val didn't really understand what was going on, and was started to have trouble keeping up with the tales being told both because of the language but also because of a killer headache. The mask was tight and wearing it for a long time always made his head throb.

Suddenly the chanting and dancing stopped as Nambo, chiefton of the Crimson Savages began to tell a tale. Val didn't really understand what was going on, as the CLAN seemed to be focused on he and Rob as Nambo spoke. Val looked to Rob who was likewise confused, both were having trouble with the language and on top of that Val had a killer headache. The mask was tight and wearing it for a long time always made his head throb. From what he could gather, Nambo spoke of a Shaman named Niha. although the Clan had no written language that he could tell, their oral traditions dated back thousands of years.

This tale apparently occurred in the time before the Kings of Sosaria when all the land was wild and all people were free. Niha was a powerful fire shaman, a shaman of the shield, a order of Nanahuatzin shaman that long since died out.

Niha was powerful in fire but also arrogant and challenged the water god to battle. The water god laughed and told her he would only battle her beneath the ocean but offered her a mask to help her breathe if she dared to step in his domain.

Arrogantly she put on the mask to challenge the god and was instantly drawn inside, her body sucked through the eye hole leaving nothing but a pool of blood where once the arrogant shaman had stood.

Val shook his head, and whispered to Rob "What a gruesome tale, they really are savage."

Rob didn't speak but continue to stare at the fire. Nambo finished, telling of other instances where the water god tricked the Savages but apparently only two of those masks had survived and the spirits of those ancient shaman's remained trapped inside for all these years.

Only on the night of the Crimson Moon could they be release and only if there was a willing sacrifice, someone would have to wear one of the masks and sit in front of the fire while the tribe performed a ceremony so that the spirit of shaman could return in that sacrifice's body....

Val grabbed at his mask and tried to rip it off, but his limbs did not respond. He saw Rob start to convulse besides him. "NO!!"

But his mouth did not move. He could feel himself, his very essence being sucked into the mask, as if he was falling out of his own body. The last thing he heard was a gentle feminine voice passing through what had been his mouth, "Kooka!"

[Sorry I disappeared for a week I ended up leaving town and staying away longer then exptected]

I wanted to post an introduction of my character and explain his name and his identity. I am working on Nanahuatzin's Book of Voodoo. It will be composed of fire based spells and I will petition to include some spells forbidden by Shaman... things like fire field (Nanahuatzin's River) or Metor Swarm (Firery Hand of Nanahautzin that sweeps across the land burning all in its path.

I leave the decision of what is allowed up to the CLAN, these are just ideas I am testing to flush out my character as a shaman of Nanahuatzin that seem to make sense.

I also want to give all the CLAN a quest to seek Nazahautzin's blessing. Its the elven spellweave quest but squint your eyes and I'll rewrite the narrative for the savages

"replace elf with a shaman located in the great Savage Village, and the quest to help our kin"

The purpose will be to have access to Voodoo circle, where we conduct a ritual to Nazahautzin seeking his blessing before major battles.

The voodoo circle and Nazahautzin's blessing will aid us in battle and give a little extra protection. The spells CLAN member will have access are: Gift of Renewal ( Nazahautzin Blessing) and Immolate weapon (Nazahuatin's tongue) makes your weapon a fire weapon.

Also if you are on ridge back you can *pull back the reins and stomp the hooves of the auzzi* causing a great thunder clap. [spell thunderstorm]

for all these abilities you require 0 skill in spellweave and are accessible to all CLAN members as Savages. Thunderstorm and Immolate weapon will fail at times so in emote put things like "Calls upon the Nazahautzin in the hope he is found worthy of his blessing* [as the spell may fail]

**Pulls back the reins of his aussi lifting its hooves high in the air and then slamming them into the ground in an attempt to create a great thunderclap** [this will give you a chance to reveal those you have been fighting but then hide in the shadows]