• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow's Embrace?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Forgive my ignorance if this is a well known item. I can't seem to find any information on it.
I did a idoc tonight for the first time in a while, and found this robe.

Can anyone give me any info on it? Thanks!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pacific. The house was in fel. It also dropped a real acid proof robe and embroidered robe. Not sure if that matters or not.

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have friend said
(Ah well probably rogue em item, since those were not allowed to be created for the public.)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, I was thinking that's possible. Or it might be a undocumented seer item maybe. I sent a email off to Mesanna to see if she can shed any light on it (or delete it lol).
In the mean time if anyone else has any information on it I would appreciate it!
Thanks.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, I was thinking that's possible. Or it might be a undocumented seer item maybe. I sent a email off to Mesanna to see if she can shed any light on it (or delete it lol).
In the mean time if anyone else has any information on it I would appreciate it!
Thanks.
Wouldn't be a seer items. Pretty sure hooded shroud item type was post-seer era.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OH WOW, GIGGLES NOT INVITING PEOPLE TO IDOCS. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I HOPE MESANNA DELETES ALL UR RARES.

D:<
LOLOLOLOLOL :heart:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There was an ongoing series of events on the Origin Shard (Season 4 2006) that had many items given out that were all unique 1/1's. The name and hue of your newly found shroud is eerily similar to those that I saw and were acquired during the events. I would say not even half of the items were ever documented. Might want to check Manticores list in 2006/Origin.

Nice find!

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SEASON 4 - EVENT ITEM LIST 2006

NORTH AMERICAN/EUROPEAN & OCEANIA SHARDS

ORIGIN:

A Dragon's Heart (~3 left as some were turned in)
Blighted Sapling (Reaper Statue with Unique Shades of Green) (5)
Claw of The Horde (Not Released Yet, Same Stats as Breath of The Dead) (1)
Copper Semidar (Paragon Chest) (1)
Demon Fang ( Not released Yet, Same Stats as the Stampede, Deep Red) (1)
Demon Hide Shield (Not Released Yet, Same Stats as Arcane Shield, Deep Grey) (1)
Embrace of the Abyss (Blood Red Orni of the Magi) (PvP Grand Champion) (1)
Hide of The Demon (Deep Red Bone Tunic, Voice of Fallen King Mods On a Tunic!) (1)
Knight of the Luna Guard (Surcoat) (~50)
Luna is Under Attack, Be Wary At All City Gates (Lantern) (4 Taken off Corps of EM)
Pact of The Abyss (Not Released Yet, Same Stats as Staff of Magi, Deep Red) (1)
Shadow Seeker (Not Released Yet, Same Stats as Dryad Bow, light Grey) (1)
Skin of the Demon (1)
Visage of Drex Veltos (Red Bone Helm Exact Stats as Crown of the Harrower) (1)

no see in this list you said

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That item did not come from that event on Origin. Those 1 of 1s on Origin were put out by the EM at the time but they were for monthly PVP and 1 item would go to the Champion for that month. All items were created using existing mods from Level 11 Artifacts but with the armor and weapon type changed. The EM only gave out 3-4 of them before he left the Em program.

Anyhow back to this Shroud. This is an illegally created EM item. Please stop calling it "undocumented" as if they were legit and I forgot to put it the list. Call it for what it is "illegally created". With that being said, Mesanna has relaxed her grip a few years ago and stopped deleting them on site. There is a particular rare collector who owns a lot of them and these renegade EMs would sell them to that person for good money. Anyhow, most of them were caught and banned etc...

Now back to this particular item, while Mesanna has relaxed her grip on many illegally created items, to my latest knowledge, still bans illegal shrouds when caught. Case in point, I've seen her delete hued Monk Shrouds that gets looted on MOB corps after events. It could be because they were Monk shrouds. But in general, if an item has a potential of hurting the mechanics of the game, i.e. a monk shroud losing it's static on corps therefore gets looted, will get deleted when reported.

Other examples include powerful monsters that EMs forgot to put the "not-tamable" script on so that players are able to tame it and own like the spenix a few years back. But a white Ridgeback with normal stats is perfectly fine to own etc..

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That item did not come from that event on Origin. Those 1 of 1s on Origin was put out by the EM at the time but it was for monthly PVP and 1 item would go to the Champion for that month. All items were created using existing mods from Level 11 Artifacts but with the armor and weapon type changed. The EM only gave out 3-4 of them before he left the Em program.

Anyhow back to this Shroud. This is an illegally created EM item. Please stop calling it "undocumented" as if they were legit and I forgot to put it the list. Call it for what it is "illegally created". With that being said, Mesanna has relaxed her grip a few years ago and stopped deleting them on site. There is a particular rare collector who owns a lot of them and these renegade EMs would sell it to that person for good money. Anyways, most of them were caught and banned etc... Now back to this particular item, while Mesanna has relaxed her grip on many illegally created items, to my latest knowledge, still bans illegal shrouds when caught. Case in point, I've seen her delete hued Monk Shrouds that gets looted on MOB corps after events. It could be because they were Monk shrouds. But in general, if an item has a potential of hurting the mechanics of the game, i.e. a monk shroud losing it's static on corps therefore gets looted, they will delete it on sight.
Thank you for answering my question. I have the email out to Mesanna. I'll follow up with posting what she says/does for anyone curious.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since I have received several PM's and icq's about it, I just wanted to follow up. I have sent Mesanna two emails regarding this item with no response at all. I will wait till after Christmas, and if I still don't hear from her I will consider selling it. Either she is away, or she isn't concerned with it. *shrug*

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Wouldn't be a seer items. Pretty sure hooded shroud item type was post-seer era.
As far as I can recall, ^^ is accurate. I've checked my records, and don't have any entries for legit EM items with a name similar to this, nor have I seen one in any of the museums on any shards.

Since I have received several PM's and icq's about it, I just wanted to follow up. I have sent Mesanna two emails regarding this item with no response at all. I will wait till after Christmas, and if I still don't hear from her I will consider selling it. Either she is away, or she isn't concerned with it. *shrug*
I believe Mesanna had said that the dev team was on vacation for the month of December.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It has been a while since I posted this, and the dev's were on vacation. I promised everyone I would report back here once Mesanna checked this item for me.
Today she met with me in game and I recorded the full exchange, which can be viewed below.
In a nutshell, the item pre-dates the current EM system. She thinks its well over 6 years old. It is not an Illegal item at all, and is most likely a 1of1 item.
I have had several PM's and inquiries of this item and I am considering selling it. I will most likely create a new thread for the sale if thats what I decide to do.

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.
Here's the video for anyone who requires proof.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a while since I posted this, and the dev's were on vacation. I promised everyone I would report back here once Mesanna checked this item for me.
Today she met with me in game and I recorded the full exchange, which can be viewed below.
In a nutshell, the item pre-dates the current EM system. She thinks its well over 6 years old. It is not an Illegal item at all, and is most likely a 1of1 item.
I have had several PM's and inquiries of this item and I am considering selling it. I will most likely create a new thread for the sale if thats what I decide to do.

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.
Here's the video for anyone who requires proof.

Predates 6 years, I agree, but the EM program has been around since 2003. I want to say it was created around the time of the Talkeesh season. That time under Senior GM Zilo, many unique items were created.