• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow guard rooms

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Has anyone noticed that Shadowgaurd rooms load so much slower in EC than CC?
If it doesnt load slower for you guys,what is wrong with me? i have a brand new comp,so it cant be that,and im using the defaullt EC ui,any help is appreciated thanks.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is true, i had a comment about this since day1.
I dont know why, but these rooms were created by broadsword in a different technique on EC.

The major problem is that the elements of the map start downloading as u start browsing the map; The best example is belfry, when ur whole screen freezes as thing as the boss starts pushing u away. U can also notice network performance massive jumps if you have a slow internet connection.

Im entirely sure that this is a caching memory problem, and i dislike how these dungeons load on EC, and very curious about why they changed the construction strategy...

@Kyronix @Bleak

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is true, i had a comment about this since day1.
I dont know why, but these rooms were created by broadsword in a different technique on EC.

The major problem is that the elements of the map start downloading as u start browsing the map; The best example is belfry, when ur whole screen freezes as thing as the boss starts pushing u away. U can also notice network performance massive jumps if you have a slow internet connection.

Im entirely sure that this is a caching memory problem, and i dislike how these dungeons load on EC, and very curious about why they changed the construction strategy...

@Kyronix @Bleak

Have a look at the map. They did it that way to be able to run every Shadowguard room instance in any of those blank rooms you see on the map. Basically it's poor man's instancing without really having instances. It let's like 10 parties do it in parallel instead of having an dedicated area which would be blocked (like peerless).

Obviously they only thought this through with CC in mind, since it's flawed in EC since day 1.

Increased viewing distance has likely made performance worse for it.