• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow banners outside a tower?

G

Can anyone tell me if these can be placed against the front wall of the house?

I've tried every way I can think of. If I target the base of the wall it comes up inside, if I target the front of the steps it comes up suspended in mid air in front of the door. Everywhere else I get the 'can't build that there' message. I've tried the 'goza placed using a table' method, that didn't help.

G

Where do you want the banner to be? Left/right of the doors or above the doors? I think you should be able to do left of the doors, but not sure about right.

G

heh, it's not actually my house, but I think the owner would be happy with left of the door. He asked for both sides, but if it won't go, it won't go.

G

Nope

I think I lost the plot somewhere along the line.

One of the problems is steps on a tower don't extend either side of the door like they do on a castle or keep.

I can place one over the very edge of the left step, but that puts it over the door, so you walk through it when you open the door.

I'm not very experienced at building with goza mats, and it's not my house, so I can't spend all day trying to get it right. I couldn't work out how to get it further away from the steps while still counting as being in the house.

G

Nope

One of the problems is steps on a tower don't extend either side of the door like they do on a castle or keep.

I can place one over the very edge of the left step, but that puts it over the door, so you walk through it when you open the door.

I'm not very experienced at building with goza mats, and it's not my house, so I can't spend all day trying to get it right. I couldn't work out how to get it further away from the steps while still counting as being in the house.

G

The easiest solution is to kill the tower owner, Petra, and move on.

Alternatively...this sounds like a job for Test Center! Are they still giving us a full set of shadow/crystal decor in our banks like before?

-Skylark

G

The easiest solution is to kill the tower owner, Petra, and move on.

Alternatively...this sounds like a job for Test Center! Are they still giving us a full set of shadow/crystal decor in our banks like before?

-Skylark

viper of flames

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way to change that error message ( This isnt your house or something like that)Is to change the level of the mats if you go to high or to low it wont work.<blockquote><hr>

Nope

[/ QUOTE ]

viper of flames

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way to change that error message ( This isnt your house or something like that)Is to change the level of the mats if you go to high or to low it wont work.<blockquote><hr>

Nope

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Dear Skylark.

I'm doing this on Siege, the tower owner is lovely shade of russet. How do you rate my chances of killing him?

I'll try the test center idea though, thanks.

G

Dear Skylark.

I'm doing this on Siege, the tower owner is lovely shade of russet. How do you rate my chances of killing him?

I'll try the test center idea though, thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dear Skylark.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is who I think it is, a bucket of soap and water will do the job of slaying him quite nicely, and I rate your chances excellent.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dear Skylark.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is who I think it is, a bucket of soap and water will do the job of slaying him quite nicely, and I rate your chances excellent.

-Skylark

G

It isn't Mo's tower, Skylark.

I can't do it. Only place I can get anything but 'you can not build there' is here:

Which puts the banner here:

So that you walk through it every time you open the door.

I've tried raising mats from all over the steps, that's the only spot that works.

I can't get anything further left or right from the door, it tells me I'm not in the house. I tried raising the mat as far as it would go, putting tables on it and trying to place from inside, 2nd floor, using circle of trans. No go.

If anyone would like to try it I'll happily co-own them to the tower on Test, or give them the tower. I'm fresh out of ideas. Also I don't have the piles of damaged books.

G

I tried this out a bit on test center, seems you cannot place shadow banners on goza mats, even indoors, except that one weird spot on the front steps. I shopped around on Baja but couldn't find any shadow banners for sale there, else I was going to test locking down rubble floor tiles and raising those up then trying to place the banner on one of those. If you can find someone who has a rubble floor tile on siege and doesn't mind loaning it out to you you can give that a shot.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not sure if you can raise or lower thos, but if you can lower it try placing up on top and lowering it into place