• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seventh Trade Caravan on Thursday 10

P

Paidric

Hello fellow Britannians,

Here comes the time again of the Trade Caravan. After we hardly reached the town of Minoc, we travelled by sea to Yew. So this week, the caravan we'll depart from Yew to reach Skara Brae.

Here is the planned route :

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.
The caravan will depart the coming Thursday, enlist yourself!

We count on you!

Paidric of New Haven.

--------------------------------

This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.

You can find all details about the concept of the event here :
Trade Caravan Concept Page

Schedule and organisation
  • The Caravan will depart on Thursday 10 of July at 7:40PM UK Time (8:40PM CET - 2:40PM EST).
  • The meeting point is the central place of Yew (where heartwood gate is).
  • Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:20PM until 7:50PM (the caravan will be on the road already).
  • Eight people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved bronze Long Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees.
  • The goal of the guards is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible.
  • The Caravan will be led by N'athuk of [HLP] (though we expect him to die quite a few times being in front). There will be other caravan leaders to help keep some structure.

Remarks
  • Please try to follow the leaders instructions as to when to advance/stop so we can keep some structure.
  • Please stay grouped and follow your closest leader (we are in bright orange)
  • We encourage everyone to show some fairplay and avoid ress-killing, looting, griefing, etc. The goal of this event is to bring more people to friendly PvP. If you like action, promote the event rather than ruin it!

And remember, we need to show the reds we don't fear them! :gee:

We hope to see many of you.

Paidric

---------------------------------------

>>> EVENT REPORT <<<

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not Going to miss this one! Cya there with the boys :thumbup::eyes:

:sword:

:drama:

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wooo, you'll all be crossing my house right infront of the cemetary! I just GM'ed my smith, I could service you guys with armor or something as a pit stop if that sounds interesting :p

P

Paidric

Hello, I think we'll mostly need ressurections and gates to Chaos shrine (for those who got flagged), but you can also cheer us up when we pass by :thumbup:

Message to the mage defenders :
Could you please bring a rune to the chaos shrine along so we can gate the deads there! That would help a lot!

See you all on thursday!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That looks like an extra long way this time ... guess I have to pack some more bandies this time *grins*

Did I understand it correctly that with the new changes to faction rules a non-factioner like me will be able to heal / resurrect a factioner? If so I hope this will work soon ...

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm, I doubt that would ever be the case. Having that implemented into the game would mean that factions would have absolutely no reason to be in the game.

K

Kiminality

Did I understand it correctly that with the new changes to faction rules a non-factioner like me will be able to heal / resurrect a factioner? If so I hope this will work soon ...
The restriction is lifting, in Trammel-facets only.
In Felucca, the same limitations should still apply.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, that's a point I missed in the announcement ... I blame it on my old computer-screen *g*

P

Paidric

They should offer better ressurecting solutions in felucca though... finding a wandering healer/mondain priest is a real PAIN!!!

Thankfully some guys come as mages...

B

Birdseye

I'm gutted. Work commitments will prevent me from attending this time.:sad2:

Asmo, try and count to ten this time!:rant2:

B

Birdseye

The temptation is too much.:sad2:

Any one got some really good ideas of how i can attend?:grouphug:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
install UO on your cell phone.
ffs man youre the boss...install uo on to youre works pc lock the door and plug the head set in! Wala sorted! this so much reminds meof a pole dancer i know >>:danceb: Just the hair is the wrong colour :thumbup:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hopefully the shard will be back up in time for the caravan... :)

Only Siege and Mugen so far...

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels is up! We are usually up 20 minutes after (from my experiences at server down)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hopefully we will start moving around 9 CET then...

P

Paidric

Heya everyone,

Thanks to all those who joined us despite the server down and the new collection phase!
Well, the caravan wasn't totally what I had expected, but I think it has been a great demonstration :)

I hope to have the report posted by tonight! It will be very different :)

See you all, hopefully, in two weeks. Around the 25 of July.

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will you be posting the report on another website? Seeing as stratics is gonna be down for the next 48 hours starting sometime today.

P

Paidric

Hello,

I always post pictures and report on the haven website here :
http://haven.uosites.com/

That's where I post first, then when I have the time, I post here (now that Kayne is not here anymore...) or just put a link.

P

Paidric

As stratics was down this weekend, I couldn't post the event report here.
So today I just edited the thread top post with the link to the event. Have a read there and enjoy!

Thanks to all those who take part and see you on the next caravan!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i missed it due to server down time...got board waitn so starerd playing diablio 2 and forgot all about the time :thumbdown: