• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Setting Not Saving Since Client Patch

F

Fink

I'm having trouble with this setting not saving since the last EC patch:

User Settings > Options > [x] Shift-Right Click to Open Context Menus

It keep switching itself off when I change characters. It's really quite frustrating to try and access a context menu and instead suddenly lunge in the direction of the cursor, not to mention it breaks role play or hiding in certain circumstances. Then I have to click through menus to reset it.

I've been using the Apply button, and then the Okay button when setting the toggle. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an individual setting per character but it seems to "forget" when I change to another, even if I've previously set it on for that character.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

*edit*

It's actually when I quit the client. Is there some way to offline hard-code this setting in the text files?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Shift-Right Click to Open Context Menus option don't save for some of my characters.

F

Fink

Oh, nasty.

I guess we just endure it until the next patch?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i geuss so. I just don't understand why some characters have the settings saved and some not.

F

Fink

I don't see how this could have got past even the most rudimentary of checks. Perhaps the testing people had a lucky streak.