• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

* Sets up a Late ABM *

CaesarDoP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* Sets up the ABM, Fills his U-Hall Mug with Seattle’s Best and sits by the Window *

I am not sure what is happening. When I played many years ago, I do not recall my weapons breaking as much as they do now. I was always a Sword Fighter, and now I am an Archer. Have Bows and Cross Bows always been more Fragile than Blade weapons? Over the past few years have they implemented features that when you get hit or use a weapon so many times the weapon will break sooner?

Just wondering, I have a good Supply of Repair deeds, and a good supply of Fresh weapons.

Peace be with all of You My U-Hall Friends and Family

Caesar

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*floats in*

Evening all. Ill have three of those big ass omlette sandwiches, and a pot of coffee.

Hmm weapons breaking huh? I havent noticed anything out of the ordinary.. and ive been using the same elven machette for well over 5 months bashing lizardmen.. dunno.

*hopes FoF will be good*

Night

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure what is happening. When I played many years ago, I do not recall my weapons breaking as much as they do now. I was always a Sword Fighter, and now I am an Archer. Have Bows and Cross Bows always been more Fragile than Blade weapons? Over the past few years have they implemented features that when you get hit or use a weapon so many times the weapon will break sooner?
Caesar
*Grabs a Double Tall Latte, and takes a seat*

CaesarDoP...as far as I know, there is nothing that would cause an item to break sooner than normal, because of use, except that when you use weapons or armor, and then repair them, they will often lose one point of durability, with the repair.

This is easy enough to overcome, with Powder of Fortification, which sells for about 40K at a decently priced vendor these days. Each bottle will add 100 Durability to anything that can be "Powdered". You can go all the way up to 255 Durability. This includes most things, but not certain new Legacy Arties, and Melissa's Cloak, from the newest story arc.

At least that way, you can keep and use your best armor and weapons, for a long time...especially considering how hard some of them can be to get.

I hope that helps you, my friend.

*Sips Latte and Gets Ready For Work*

CaesarDoP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Grabs a Double Tall Latte, and takes a seat*

CaesarDoP...as far as I know, there is nothing that would cause an item to break sooner than normal, because of use, except that when you use weapons or armor, and then repair them, they will often lose one point of durability, with the repair.

This is easy enough to overcome, with Powder of Fortification, which sells for about 40K at a decently priced vendor these days. Each bottle will add 100 Durability to anything that can be "Powdered". You can go all the way up to 255 Durability. This includes most things, but not certain new Legacy Arties, and Melissa's Cloak, from the newest story arc.

At least that way, you can keep and use your best armor and weapons, for a long time...especially considering how hard some of them can be to get.

I hope that helps you, my friend.

*Sips Latte and Gets Ready For Work*
Thanks for the reply and the advice, I will look for the Powder of Fortification

Peace be with You Surgeries

Caesar