• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Set me straight please.

Bruin

Visitor
#1 - I'm happy we have an EM - huge step forward from times of the past.
#2 - The easiest thing to do would be for the powers that be to simply send to the EMs the server population by day/hour so that they can see when the server is populated to best cater to the population.
#3 - I have no idea if #2 was done, but this post and many people in this thread assume it hasn't.
#4 - Given that the EM position is not a full time position (I don't think it is), this entire post assumes that the EM has absolutely no life outside of their EM duties. While weekends MAY be the best time to host events, for all we know the EM could work on weekends, have family commitments like taking their kids to little league, or other.
#5 - For all we know the EM could live somewhere in Europe, goes to bed normally at 9pm local time but is willing to sacrifice and stay up to midnight local time to host 5pm EST events as they would likely draw better attendance than at the EMs preferred time.
#6 - I've rarely ever been able to make EM events since this shard is pretty much East Cost and Europe heavy and I'm in the West Coast.

In the end, see #1. If the OP really wanted to know time preferences for EM events, they simply could have posted a poll.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dr Alzhimer's events showed his time (European) was six hours later than mine (est) which meant that giving an American east coaster time to get home from a 9-5 pm job for a two hour event would have meant midnight to two a.m. for him and any others in his area of the world. Giving an American west coaster time to get home from a 9-5 job would mean 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. for him. Not good hours for him since he worked during the day. The two EM idea is really the only way to go for Siege if everyone on Siege is going to have EM events at decent hours for them.

Anyone have Mesanna's ear to push the two EM idea for Siege?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just run em Au time, that will fix the problem..... for me. :p

We once had an USA EM on Oceania, that didn't work well. We ended up doing events for one month a xyz time and the following month at abc time. Rotated each month. Helps if the events are on a weekend. I never expect to get to an event on siege but I guess I am a true minority.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#1 - I'm happy we have an EM - huge step forward from times of the past.
#2 - The easiest thing to do would be for the powers that be to simply send to the EMs the server population by day/hour so that they can see when the server is populated to best cater to the population.
#3 - I have no idea if #2 was done, but this post and many people in this thread assume it hasn't.
#4 - Given that the EM position is not a full time position (I don't think it is), this entire post assumes that the EM has absolutely no life outside of their EM duties. While weekends MAY be the best time to host events, for all we know the EM could work on weekends, have family commitments like taking their kids to little league, or other.
#5 - For all we know the EM could live somewhere in Europe, goes to bed normally at 9pm local time but is willing to sacrifice and stay up to midnight local time to host 5pm EST events as they would likely draw better attendance than at the EMs preferred time.
#6 - I've rarely ever been able to make EM events since this shard is pretty much East Cost and Europe heavy and I'm in the West Coast.

In the end, see #1. If the OP really wanted to know time preferences for EM events, they simply could have posted a poll.
If the OP knew who you were, then your opinion would have more value.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Bruin is one of the few that remain from the days of the Shire. The Citizens of Wispwood Shire (CWS) were once a plentiful and respected Guild and player run town very involved in the shard. Many a delightful Story Night or drunken brawl occurred with in the confines of their fine town.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bruin is one of the few that remain from the days of the Shire. The Citizens of Wispwood Shire (CWS) were once a plentiful and respected Guild and player run town very involved in the shard. Many a delightful Story Night or drunken brawl occurred with in the confines of their fine town.
Yeah I think he logged in last August, I remember seeing the name.