• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Set Items = USELESS Decor

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm seriously,

Really cool concept, please Devs, take a page from Diablo II...set item pieces should be able to be used individually and as a full set, should be extremely useful instead of completely useless b/c mods on runic made pieces are so much more useful. I'd love how in D2 you could use various set pieces from different sets for their special mods, but each additional set piece u used, the more additional mods would follow...and a full suit would be enough to satisfy all your needs...class specific usually.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A basic barbed/val set can be better. It most likely won't justify the 600k-1m points, but I guess I'll get the sets for my collection's sake.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I have to agree the sets are really hard to obtain yet worthless to use because your better off with crafted armor.

Seriously anything as hard to get as some of these are should be godly compared to something someone crafted with a duped runic kit...

So far the best set items I have seen are the new ring and bracelet because at least they can be used and do make a nice difference in a luck suit.

V

Vyrquenox

No I have to agree the sets are really hard to obtain yet worthless to use because your better off with crafted armor.

Seriously anything as hard to get as some of these are should be godly compared to something someone crafted with a duped runic kit...

So far the best set items I have seen are the new ring and bracelet because at least they can be used and do make a nice difference in a luck suit.

well the knights set is better than a virtue set in many ways, the sorcerers set is ridiculously expensive (i'd say 50k a piece not 100k points) but it would be a good 'starter set', the rogues set is just absolute garbage. I mean all 70's 10hci 10dci 10di dexterity bonus? Get a jackals collar and some other reasonable gear. Well maybe its not garbage but its not usable because anyone who has the resources to obtain it already has something far better and could use the points on other things worth a lot more (aka luck set)
i almost bet in a few months you could trade out a luck set for the whole sorcerer's set easy, if anyone actually bothers to get the sorcerers set and isn't doing it for a memento.
oh well, its neat though.
but imagine how stupid you would be to turn in 60 beserker's scythes for one of the new armor sets, and not get 2 luck sets instead.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well the knights set is better than a virtue set in many ways, the sorcerers set is ridiculously expensive (i'd say 50k a piece not 100k points) but it would be a good 'starter set', the rogues set is just absolute garbage. I mean all 70's 10hci 10dci 10di dexterity bonus? Get a jackals collar and some other reasonable gear. Well maybe its not garbage but its not usable because anyone who has the resources to obtain it already has something far better and could use the points on other things worth a lot more (aka luck set)
i almost bet in a few months you could trade out a luck set for the whole sorcerer's set easy, if anyone actually bothers to get the sorcerers set and isn't doing it for a memento.
oh well, its neat though.
but imagine how stupid you would be to turn in 60 beserker's scythes for one of the new armor sets, and not get 2 luck sets instead.
My point exactly. Right now I am trying to get a set of the luck jewels. I need 2 sets but that is never going to happen because I just dont have the junk to turn in for even 1 set. Still the only thing I am really concerned about getting is at least one set of those jewels nothing else.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got a set of the jewels....... thinking of selling them.... since I have gotten them my luck is at 1639.... and I get such wonders as:

Ring
Nightsight

Chaos Shield
1% phys resist

Bracelet
1% poison resist

and other big winners...... truth be told my "luck" is worse now than ever...... Used to be before equiping this set of jewels.... I could "tell" when the "luck" worked cause I would indeed open a chest an get a piece or two with amazing mods that were 100% and just really nice 1/3 rings and things.... now mind you when I'm hunting I'm killing things like Demons, Blood Elementals, Balrons, and things ........ here's the really scary part.... I kill a super low end monster and get better items than killing a blood ele..... that to me is just wrong.....

Maybe I'm not understanding the luck bonus..... perhaps it's supposed to only work on lower end things.

Anyway thought I would share that......

Also I tried as well rubbing the statue to see what sort of luck I could get.... and indeed the luck was even worse than just the new jewlery.... so I'm not sure about anyone else ...... but the only "luck" the new jewels have brought me is BAD.

T

Thrand Graywolf

It is at least better than virtue armor...and it scares me how many folks I see running around trying to fight in virtue armor.

P

Paidric

With Virtue armor and dupre's shield, you only lose insurance for your weapon. And if you are an archer, you have the quiver.

It does make sense that many casual players prefer the virtue set compared to a set that gives very low mods but requires full insurance.

I was thinking of taking a knight armor when I first saw the mods, then I learned they aren't blessed, not that I want everything blessed, but it is not worth the insurance. If I have enough stuff/wealth to get 600k points. I can easily get a much better suit for much less money.
If I am to take a set, it has to be nice looking and will be for display only. I wait to see the look of the two new sets.

I have enough tokuno dyes for my needs, so the white knight armor set isn't what I'd call "nice looking". I can do the same with super high end armor :)

My two cents :)

A

AZ-

Problem is all of these sets are designed for a newer player. However, the only people able to obtain these sets are vet players. The mods on these suits are laughable, you can get all those mods on 2-3 pieces of crafted AR and you still have a full suit to work with. Basically, they're useless.