• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Serverbirth Rares - Ceramic Mug and Cards!

• Thread starter uocommodities
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
U

uocommodities

Hi all! I am putting two serverbirth rares up for auction. I have A Cermaic Mug and Cards. These items are on the Great Lakes shard. Starting bids for the Ceramic Mug and the Cards is 50 Mill each. I am not available to transfer these items to another shard, so the items will be on Great Lakes only. The auction will close on Saturday, May 29th at 5 PM Eastern time. If you have any questions, please feel free to send a PM or an ICQ. My ICQ number is 468-813-458. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Chae23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused. Are you saying that the starting bid on these items is 50m ea or the buy out is 50m ea? Because from what I understand the mug is valued at around 15-25m and the cards roughly 25-30m. Just trying to clarify

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused. Are you saying that the starting bid on these items is 50m ea or the buy out is 50m ea? Because from what I understand the mug is valued at around 15-25m and the cards roughly 25-30m. Just trying to clarify

Well he did say EACH, also I'd like to add a little tidbit on your idea of value. (not making trouble here just stating my opinion) If you had a ruined painting and they are worth lets say 50mil, but you know that ceramic mug is older and no longer obtainable, where does it say that any of his items listed are not worth just as much? (They both do nothing just a show piece but one is yes STILL obtainable...odd concept)
Who was the guy that said *hey ceramic mugs, skull mugs and anything you list is ohhh around 15-25 million*? Can you take a guess? The one robbing your pockets my friend. Gold is worth how much these days? Nadda! Half the price it used to be.

I think true rare collectors know in thier hearts that all server birth items are gems. I dont think there is ever a set price for things like this. If you sell it, its because ya needed the crack LMAO :lol:

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well he did say EACH, also I'd like to add a little tidbit on your idea of value. (not making trouble here just stating my opinion) If you had a ruined painting and they are worth lets say 50mil, but you know that ceramic mug is older and no longer obtainable, where does it say that any of his items listed are not worth just as much? (They both do nothing just a show piece but one is yes STILL obtainable...odd concept)
Who was the guy that said *hey ceramic mugs, skull mugs and anything you list is ohhh around 15-25 million*? Can you take a guess? The one robbing your pockets my friend. Gold is worth how much these days? Nadda! Half the price it used to be.

I think true rare collectors know in thier hearts that all server birth items are gems. I dont think there is ever a set price for things like this. If you sell it, its because ya needed the crack LMAO :lol:
I guess anyone can ask whatever they want for an item, but I had both items on my vendor for months. The ceramic mugs (I had two sets of them facing both ways) I had to lower to 25mil per set to sell, down from 35. And the cards sold for 15 mil after months of sitting there. This was on napa, which is much slower then atl.

Anyhow I hope the OP gets his price,
Tom

S

shulginist

This was on napa, which is much slower then atl.
These are on great lakes. From my experiences with these on great lakes unless someone is desperate they will have to lower price to get any action.

D

DVI

Age does not necessarily determine value, nor does quantity alone. It seems this has been a rather common point of contention lately.

Here are several factors that determine value.

-Desirability
-Quantity
-Mods
-Color
-Wearable vs Deco
-Graphic
-Animation
I'm sure if I sat around for more than a minute I could think up a few more or even clarify those I listed. As you can see though there are more than one factor that goes into determining the value of an item. Additionally each person will subconsciously weight the factors that are most important to them differently than another, although there are are generally a few that will be found at the top of anyones list.

That being said, why would a ruined painting which is still spawning typically fetch more gold than a server birth such as a ceramic mug and cards....?

-Desirability mainly, its considered to be a very nice piece to own, and while many people like ceramic mugs and cards it doesnt have the same "wow" effect that the painting does.

Also, while there may not be someone or a group of people behind the scenes determining what the price should be for any particular item, there is a general precedent set by past sales/trades. If 3 people sold the same or substantially similar items at a specific price, it is reasonable to assume that the item would again sell for roughly the same give or take somewhat in either direction. There will of course always be outliers, people who do not know the accepted value of an item and sell for to low, or buy for to much etc.

Chae23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moondancer, I was not trying to be rude in any way I just simply thought that there is a very good chance his post may have had a cpl typos in it and I was just trying to clarify exactly what he meant. DVI hit the nail on the head as far as determining value etc and Tom proved my point about the item worth. Now with that being said, I'm not trying to say you couldn't get more for those items by any means because I have seen the mug get as high as 40-50m and the cards as high as 80m depending on the type but the prices I stated are Avr prices based on all of the things DVI stated and from personal experience like what Tom stated. The seller said this is an auction which makes me think that his prices might very well have been meant as a buy-out price and not a starting price. I'm sorry if my post came off as rude though, it was not intended.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best bet is to save them for the rares fest when every one is on a feeding frenzy. Then you will get close to what you are asking imo.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Age does not necessarily determine value, nor does quantity alone. It seems this has been a rather common point of contention lately.

Here are several factors that determine value.

-Desirability
-Quantity
-Mods
-Color
-Wearable vs Deco
-Graphic
-Animation
I'm sure if I sat around for more than a minute I could think up a few more or even clarify those I listed. As you can see though there are more than one factor that goes into determining the value of an item. Additionally each person will subconsciously weight the factors that are most important to them differently than another, although there are are generally a few that will be found at the top of anyones list.

That being said, why would a ruined painting which is still spawning typically fetch more gold than a server birth such as a ceramic mug and cards....?

-Desirability mainly, its considered to be a very nice piece to own, and while many people like ceramic mugs and cards it doesnt have the same "wow" effect that the painting does.

Also, while there may not be someone or a group of people behind the scenes determining what the price should be for any particular item, there is a general precedent set by past sales/trades. If 3 people sold the same or substantially similar items at a specific price, it is reasonable to assume that the item would again sell for roughly the same give or take somewhat in either direction. There will of course always be outliers, people who do not know the accepted value of an item and sell for to low, or buy for to much etc.
So a quick question for you. Does the same go for sheet music? Even though someone said Oh its worth 300 mil????
Oh and yes everything seems right what ya said here and wasnt trying to accuse ya of being rude to the op. :D All is good!

U

uocommodities

Hi all! Thank you for all of your replies, opinions, and mature discussion. This is all new for me. A collector that I know advised me to post these items at the asking price stated in the auction (no typos - lol). Once again, I appreciate all of the feedback!

D

DVI

So a quick question for you. Does the same go for sheet music? Even though someone said Oh its worth 300 mil????
Oh and yes everything seems right what ya said here and wasnt trying to accuse ya of being rude to the op. :D All is good!
I did not use the example of someone wantonly stating an item was worth a certain price. I used the example of other individuals who have sold the same item stating the price that it was sold for. I also mentioned that there will be outliers in any situation such as this, and that those should be taken with a grain of salt....