• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

serpent arrow info

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok so I was wondering about serp arrow and nobody knows anything so I did a little research myself so here is what I did I transfered 87 poison skill over to my archer who is basicly all mid 90s in skills and this is what i noticed

1 at first the amount to poison seemed kinda random I would lesser poison some and lethal poison others ( yes lethal the spasm uncontrolably and die in a short period of time) then I noticed that the closer i was to victim the higher my chances were of doing higher poison levels pretty cool I thought.

2 unlike all other weapons you DO LOSE KARMA when you hit and this is on hit not slay!! so if you are running a toon like I am with chiv you might as well drop poison or chiv they are not compatable as chiv derives most of its bonuses from the high karma

so if it was not for my chiv I would keep poison on this toon
this was kinda fun to play with but I couldnt do it for long as I was losing alot of karma fast oh and I tried doing multiple poisonings on victims and if you try to poison with a lower poison it says there is already a higher level poison in effect so they dont stack and it uses whatever poison level is the greater so if you hit with a higher level poison that is the one that takes over the best tactic I found was to run right up next to victim as close as possible and hit them with poison arrow then run back and do the normal routine and watch them spasm lol it rocks all except the karma loss

Snowdog LS shard

S

Sabbath

Hey thanks for this info Snowdog - very detailed answers to questions I've had for a while. I, just like you, have Chiv and knew about the karma loss which is why I just don't use the move but I just may make a Poison Archer as it sounds like fun.

Does anyone run a poison archer who can comment as to it's worth in terms of time invested in building up a high poisoning skill?

Also, it seems logical that the power of Enemy of One and Consecrate Weapon would probably even things out or lean towards Pally Archer over time.
Opinions?