• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Serious Question

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I don't know about you guys but my interpretation of a forum is where people with some sort of similar interest post topics, and then are permitted to DISCUSS said topic. I also understand that sometimes people post inappropriate things which then should be censored for the good of the community. However, I was not aware that only specific aspects of said similarity (in this case Ultima Online) are permitted to be discussed, nor was I aware that in posting here you are automatically treated like a 10 year old child. As a result, I am requesting that some sort of list be generated containing the topics which ARE and ARE NOT permitted to be discussed here. Seriously, I could have swore there was something in the history of our nation about freedom of speech...oh I guess that doesn't apply to typing.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Player-run shards, bugs/exploits, unapproved third party programs (including any program that affects the UO datastream), selling for real world goods, power leveling, unapproved modifications to the client, anything that violates the games ToS, and/or links to such items.

T

Tazar

Add to that list: Anything that breaks the Stratics ROC and anything that is "off topic" for the forum it was posted in. There are probably a few additional ones that I am not thinking of at the moment - but the above should be a decent summary.

Really - the Stratics ROC sums it up nicely.

Z

Zin

Seriously, I could have swore there was something in the history of our nation about freedom of speech...oh I guess that doesn't apply to typing.
Oh there is.... And if you owned the forum you would be able to say whatever it was in your heart to say. The man can't stop you.

However... The man can dictate what goes on his site, or who adds content to it. In this case in the reference of a poster and his posts.

M

Major Miner II

Add to that list anything the mods and rednecks consider to be unamerican.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add to that anything they happen to not sycophantically agree with.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sycophantically is an awesome word. I used infrangible the other day in conversation. It's like a grammar lesson every time you post, lol.

K

Kiminality

It's a "let's all indirectly air our grievances with moderators" thread!
I haven't seen one of these on here in a long time.
:popcorn:

iwonttellyou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a "let's all indirectly air our grievances with moderators" thread!
I haven't seen one of these on here in a long time.
:popcorn:
Well the mods do need to be brought back down to earth with the rest of the community.

Rant, Rave, Racist Remark, Personal Attack, rant and rave some more.