• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Serado the Lame

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is what he should be renamed to. I was strolling past the Dojo and noticed Kappa...so I figure wtf...start killing stuff with my incredibly awesome Triton. I see a few other people come by and swipe at some stuff but then I see an armored swampy corpse and I think they moved on. So I continued killing everything in sight...Lesser Hiryu and Revenant Lions start up, no biggie..then Hiryu and Oni so I start getting a little excited, then Serado appears. I clean up most of the other spawn and begin the assault on him. His ridiculous poison attack from max distance was annoying but again my Triton is the tihs....so he dies...gold pops out, his corpse loot is beyond ridiculous....and during the entire thing I got a .5 fishing sot and a few worthless level 1 masteries. I realize Ohhhh ahhhh, it's not Felucca with Risk v Reward that a handful of people enjoy...but come on. This was hardly worth the effort and I can honestly say I'll never do it again. I'm assuming every champ spawn not in Felucca is equally worthless. That's pretty much all I have to say lol...And please, save your "what do you want, an easy button?" No, I want a reward for the effort and time spent trying to enjoy game content, and there was NONE in that instance.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
champs spawns regardless if they are fel or tram were designed to be a group activity, if you decided to put the effort into soloing one well thats on you.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
champs spawns regardless if they are fel or tram were designed to be a group activity, if you decided to put the effort into soloing one well thats on you.
Tell that to the large group of players that solo champ spawns hourly. And 10 people doing Serado would end with 10 disappointed people.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
A .5 Fishing sot can be worth millions to the right buyer. It’s a devilishly hard skill to raise past 110.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's not just Serado, it's ALL of the champ spawn loot that is awful, both Fel and Tram. The only exception I would say (unless it's changed recently) is the Dragon Turtle that tends to have above average loot and normally a handful of Leg quality items.

The only really desirable rewards from champs is power scrolls and we know they will never be on Serado or any of the Ilsh spawns.

It's probably been said 1000s of times but all bosses/champs need to be revised with loot tables and artifacts brought up to par with todays templates. There is sooooo much content with so little incentive to do any of it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, the loot is awful, but before pet training and tritons came around, Serado was one of the most-feared non-fel champs (back in the day before they fixed the "paragon champ" issue a few months after paragons started, the only things more feared were Semidar or Rikktor spawning as paragons in Ilshenar).

I wouldn't mind seeing an update to champ loot, even if it meant increasing champ difficulty.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@GarthGrey - Doing Serado is the equivalent to doing any other champ spawn in Tram. I've found loot to be so/so on champs (luck is a must). I've been able to keep a few items from them; although it is very few and far between.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the loot table for the champs is ok, I have pulled legendary items from all the champs. People typically farm underwater or roof for Great Loot.

What I think DESPERATELY needs an update are the Artifact drops. Virtually all of them are just Trash points, and even ones that used to be marginally useful (Glad Collar) are pretty weak now. One quick Simple fix would be to allow us to Imbue artifacts again, if there is room. Anyone remember the short time that you could imbue the Djini ring, or the Soul Seeker?

All Artifacts could use a revamp. Other than Glenda (only sought after for Bone Breaker), is there a usable artifact Weapon in the game? A few are close but, Screwed up mods or lacking mods make them worthless. And most "Artifact" armor is inferior to Legendary pieces these days. There are only a few that have special mods for the piece, that make them useful (Protector of the Battle Mage - SDI, Mace and Shield - HLD)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People typically farm underwater or roof for Great Loot.
This pretty much proves the point, artifacts aside people are doing the same bosses over and over for the best chance at 'normal' items. A boss is a boss and normal loot chances should be similar no matter which boss.
Yes, legendary items do occasionally drop from champ bosses but they also occasionally drop from trash mobs around the map as well. There is a huge difference between an occasional drop and a pack full of leg items (with Zero luck I might add) that you get on the roof for example.

We can defo agree that artifacts do need an upgrade, perhaps it could be done through the crafting system similar to the doom recipe system allowing you to upgrade existing artifacts.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Treasures of tokuno was main reason to do Serrado.
at the end of day, it’s time v. Rewards investment, and most content is lagging in this area.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing good about doing anything in Tokuno which includes working on your skills... is that most things in Tokuno have a very short respawn timer... especially things like Fan Dancers in the dojo... they respawn near-instantly... which cuts down on training skills up as you continually have things to fight... now the drawback to that is.. things spawn near instantly so you have to really be careful and looting can become difficult.

That is the ONLY reason I like to train particular things in Tokuno vs anywhere else... In most other places the respawn rate is so freaking slow that you might as well watch paint dry... it'd be more exciting.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And most "Artifact" armor is inferior to Legendary pieces these days.
I think there are a handful that have a place depending on your build / suit. Example: Halo / Cuffs are a must in an SDI suit and Cameo is huge for a warrior. But yes I do agree that the named artifacts for the most part are far less usable than legendaries due to the mods being all over the place OR just being so old that they are no longer relevant (ie voice of fallen king / axe of heavens / beserker maul etc).

While I do not think it's even remotely on the radar for them to overhaul existing artifacts (Kyronix even said it's more work for them to add recipes to use existing artifacts); I do like the idea of high end bosses like Champs/Roof/Gauntlet/UW/Peerless which drop named artifacts to have some sort of turn in vendor where you can trade items in like we do for dynamic events. I think this sort of thing would be very easy... the only difficult part for this is deciding what the reward points would be needed to claim something like a cameo. To add an extra layer (which I'm sure would be unpopular with most) they could even make these rewards shard bound... so you can't xfer with reward artifacts but could if you actually got a regular drop from the boss.