• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling rares questions

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have five accounts with 1 castle, 2 keeps, 1 luna house, and one max secure and lots of old school and EM rares.

What would be the best way to go about selling them? I was waiting for another Rares Fest on Pacific but I'm tired of waiting.

Should I see if Nails or Brian will broker them or auction them off? Auction them off myself here? Auction them off on the shard using either the auction safes or an auction house?

Does anyone care about old holiday items and such anymore? Pre-patch plants? Mannequin armies?

Thank you for your input.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Opinions vary on it all.. this is just mine...

Rares fest coming up on Atlantic kinda soon if you have the ability to transfer some over.

When it comes to brokering, either of those guys would do a great job at auctioning them off for you as would a couple others.. but.. that usually comes at a fee and I am greedy so I usually auction stuff off here personally. But the fee is something that keeps you from having the headache and hassle of having a large auction or several smaller ones.

Still a lot of us care about the old Holiday items.. most specifically any white Holiday Bells you have.. some of us *raises hand* have been trying to get that white bell collection for a decade or more now ;)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Realistically it depends on you. Want a quicker or easier out... contact a broker and they usually take 10%. The big pluses to a broke are connections and understanding current market values. Something most people who are in your position don't have a pulse on. If you have tons of rares, great... there are still a lot of items in game that are very old and have little to no value. I'd always encourage you to talk to a broker just to gain a fresh perspective to what you might be up against if you try to do it on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMHO

1. (Most Profit) Spend the time researching everything and sell/auction off everything
2. (Least Headache/Low profit) Sell everything in one shot to someone
3. (Slower/less Headache/ Medium profit than doing it yourself) Hire Someone to sell it for you

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Why don't you take a screen shot of some of the rares you want to sell and post them up on here for sale? It would open it up to a large amount of people who may be interested. If it's too much of a headache, maybe just do it for a limited few valuable ones.

The other thing you can do, is post up location of your castles. Screen shot where you are on the map. Screen shot some pictures of a room full of your rares. Invite people to come check it out and make you offers for any items they like through here on Stratics.

While you can hire someone to do it for you, why take a discount on your hard work over the years? You might find it not so hard after all to do some sales on the Rares forum here.

Castles / keeps / other properties should be sold on the Trader's Hall.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now is not the time to sell. Wait till winter when everyone is back on and start breaking it down and selling it, bring items to a fest which I am sure will happen. Being impatient will only hurt in in total profit. If you need help in pricing and want a honest estimate on items I would be happy to help, I have been around for a long time in the rares game. Watch out for some of the people here who sell everything and there mother as they will try and low ball you on buying you out to resell, there are allot of good people here too who will help you out on pricing.

Last edited: