• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling, maybe

• Thread starter imported_Ibichi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ibichi

I am not positive but I am probably going to hang it up and finally quit after all this time.

As most of you know I have had an obsession with collecting sets of things over the years. Im just wondering if it is better to try to piecemeal it all out or just try to sell the items with the Makoto house. Well I would be selling all three houses at some point if I do this.

And I did say if....I have never wanted to quit before but seems like now would be a good time to do so.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

And I did say if....I have never wanted to quit before but seems like now would be a good time to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

and why is that?

no more gypsies?

G

Just think and rethink very carefully before you really make any decisions that can not be redone once ye stuff is gone sold it is gone. So think and rethink.

Maybe you can preserve it and one of your chrs. in some kind of museum set up, while you decide..changing exhibits with the seasons keeping part of you still in UO.

One of my oldest accts. on Chesapeake as ya probably know, is a *museum* I open it close it for awhile, change exhibits, reopen it later on, etc. just THERE, for younger ones to learn history and for older ones to wax nostalgic, while even I decide remain or go, in UO in a pixel world and a game many of us have loved for a decade. Yet there always comes a tim for each of us, when we do move on, or feel we have to leave UO.. and we hang it up.

Piecemeal it ...take ye time decide nothing too soon nor too rapidly because once things are sold or gone, we also loose our fun excuses
to stay or to remain.

I

imported_SavageSP

Ibi, no need to quit, just take a breather.......... a little break does us all good now and then.

A

Alex the Gray

aye- a holiday sabbaticl. You'll come back with zest and bloodlust

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye! don't run out on siege Ibi take a break I took several breaks over my uo career closed my main account for at least 6-8 months..yet I find myself back here again heh

P

Punani/Atilla

Ibi, don't quit! You are a good person and good GM. I know you will grow BG. I would hate to see you go. Rethink, take a break, etc. Idi

R

RobotPlanet

why sell , just dump your house and post your password on the forum

anything less would be insulting yourself.

G

I hope you will take some time with this decision. It is almost never good to see players leave.

I

imported_Krystal

ibi, u should take a break befor u decide and quit. ur a good person hate see u make a choice that u'll regret later:(

I

imported_mo'gluk

agreed keep an account and house going,. it way cheaper to eat the 12 bucks for a few months then to sell everything and then have to come back from scratch

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good riddens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always have to be so rude ?

Whether any of us likes or hates someone here WE are losing population left and right on this shard.

If you can not offer a bit of constructive comment, to possbily enable any one here to help them decide to remain or to leave...then do not even comment.

Other wise ya gonna be playin with your self on this shard.

We can not afford to keep losing players here, and telling whomever may be contemplating leaving ...good ridance to em.

Either offer some reason they may wish to remain or politely say farewell, or just remain SILENT.

I

imported_Magnolia

I think you should stay also... You are a good organizer and you work hard for the health of your guild... Why don't you do something along the lines of WORM... as jax does.. and it is a lot of fun... He came up with a theme to play around with... you should too... Although he doesn't get to play often... he is able to focus his guild around that theme... It does add another dimention of a rpg... Don't spread your guild out in many dirrection... that is complicated and easy to implode because of conflicts of interest. You will find those of like interest being drawn to you...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ibi, don't quit! You are a good person and good GM. I know you will grow BG. I would hate to see you go. Rethink, take a break, etc. Idi

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never go that far, and iw ill speak my mind from personal expereince... i have a mom thanks.

I

imported_Castor

if you can afford it, take a break and leave your accounts active. If you still want to game online, take a spin on some of the other games out there. You will be surprised at the customer service, new game content and other updates that other companies provide.

In any event, take care of yourself ibi and it was a pleasure.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

If you could go back, maybe you would listen to me this time?

I'll offer you some more advice. Don't sell your stuff.

Bank it. Stable it. Give it away. Don't sell it.

It is worth far less to anyone else than it is to you.

G

Didn't you know? It's trash day. All the trash on the shard is bein taken out. Please take your appropriate spot on the curb.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Didn't you know? It's trash day. All the trash on the shard is bein taken out. Please take your appropriate spot on the curb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry no can do.

No one can, ya see there is no room on that curb for more *trash* cuz ...curb is too full of.......you !

G

<blockquote><hr>

No u r

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, thine are incorrect, sir.

Ye see, I R fine aged UO Magincia rubble, &amp; not ye common uncouth street trash.

I

imported_Ibichi

Thank you to those that had good things to say. To the two wonderful guys D and Puffy.....go screw each other. If this gets me banned from here so be it.

I will be selling everything and will try to get a list together in the next few days, as said lots of items plus quite a bit of resources, some tailor and smith bods also.

Oh and no, it is not about the gypsy's being unblessed, that would be a bit overboard. It is alot of things added together that have brought me to this point. I am no longer enjoying the game I loved. If at some point I decide to come back I will still have my chars, I may not have items but it would give me something to work back to.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ibi, you will be missed. It was fun interacting with you at events, like Ladies Night Out. I totally understand the need to step away from the game. Please, stuff your bank box, a beetle, and your backpack with as much as you can bc you know you will be back!!

p.s.- thanks for trying to keep E in line. I know how tough that is!

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and no, it is not about the gypsy's being unblessed, that would be a bit overboard. It is alot of things added together that have brought me to this point. I am no longer enjoying the game I loved. If at some point I decide to come back I will still have my chars, I may not have items but it would give me something to work back to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think the reason you're quitting for is just as overboard.

People get soooo freaking burnt out playing this game... like they need to be logged in 24/7 in order to play it? I don't know... or even dedicate all of their gaming to this one game, rather than try or play others and put this one down for a while. As if you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Good luck to whatever you do out there. I don't like you very much, but then again... I don't even know you outside of who you are in game to me. Have fun with life and I hope you find happiness everywhere you look.

bye byes

I

imported_mo'gluk

why all of a suddent the shard decides to try and throw people under the bus ... I will say this only one more time before this board starts getting scarcer.... SHOW RESPECT......I will take the utmost stance on any person degrading or insulting the personal character of any individual on this board. We may not all get along, but you can be professional and civil.

G

Ibichi,

You are one of the nicest people I have ever met in UO, and I wish you the best.

-Skylark

A

absimiliard

My dear lady Ibichi,

I have long been a friend of yours, or at least I have long considered you my friend and I hope you feel the same way. I have also been fairly inactive for a long time as well.

I am honored to have known you, and have played this game with you. I hope that when I return from my current vacation from UO I will be lucky enough to have you around again. I would encourage you to at the minimum put some valuables on a character and in their bank box so that if you choose to return you will have something to return to.

But most of all, I think I wish we had done that storyline where Lindi courted you and then tried to kidnap you from Waka way back in the day when your dowry was being freely debated. I really liked the idea of us taking it all the way to a wedding in the mushroom cave and only then having your character discover that you'd have to shave your hair off to become a savage and then calling the wedding off at the altar. I really liked that idea, pity it didn't work out.

Also, thanks for helping Lindi out when I ran him out of savage war-paint, and thanks for just generally being a sweetie, and in my never humble opinion one of the hottest women of Siege. (not that there isn't competition mind you, just that you were always in the top category)

Anyhow, glad to have known you. Sorry you're leaving, but I'm not in a position to point fingers on that count.

-abs
"I know, I should probably make Bennos GM of THB, and should have done it long ago, but I don't think he'd want it."

T

TeleV

<blockquote><hr>

why all of a suddent the shard decides to try and throw people under the bus ... I will say this only one more time before this board starts getting scarcer.... SHOW RESPECT......I will take the utmost stance on any person degrading or insulting the personal character of any individual on this board. We may not all get along, but you can be professional and civil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Har Har

Remarks from few of these ppl truly shows there age. Immaturity will never change, they are who they are.

G

*bows* You made a mark on this shard. I respect that. Good luck and fair wind.

P

Peddlerpug

<blockquote><hr>

*bows* You made a mark on this shard. I respect that. Good luck and fair wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said old friend ... Ibi, you'll always have a home with us here. I'll talk to you about moving the bulk of your collection into the Museum (for a good price of course). Contact me anytime.

I

imported_Ibichi

Icq has been sent Famine.

To all those who have posted, I will never say I will never return only that it is unlikely. If I do I will still have my accounts and can always work towards gaining back everything once again. That is part of what makes the game so much fun for me. Not much left to get and too much gold. I know that sounds silly but that is alot of the reason to part at this time.

I will be around until things are sold off and than the accounts will be closed.