• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Item Selling Crux Ansata Gauntlets on Atlantic (Sold!)

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all. I am returning to UO after quite a few years off. I would like to sell my Crux Ansata Gauntlets located on Atlantic to get some capital generated. Asking for 300m, obo. Please PM, post, or ICQ at 8270382. Thank you.

Attachments

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a whole suit selling at the silent auction 2 tomorrow night on Sakura, and I think it's missing the gloves/boots only. Just a heads up for both of you guys.

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently have multiple offers for 300m. Does anyone have a higher bid?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Righty, that partial suit closes tonight; you might want to wait til then :)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I currently have multiple offers for 300m. Does anyone have a higher bid?
Just my 2cents but if @Ryzk was the first to post/reply and you were "Asking for 300m obo", then he should be the winner and sold to him. Now I know it's always nicer to get more if you can but at the same time it's bad business and frowned upon on this site... glad your back though and good luck with the sale :)

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
^^ I Concur.
In the future you might want to say "taking Offers for this item, minimum offer being taken is 300mil". Even make a note saying " I reserve the right to sell to the highest bidder, this is not an auction, just taking offers"

Rare buyers take auction/offer threads very seriously and terminology is everything. Your post tells me, you want 300mil and if I offer you 300mil its mine.

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you guys are right about that. And I am sorry for any confusion. However, I received much more interest than I thought. And I was unaware of this rares fest with the suit missing the gauntlets (and I have had multiple people advise me to wait until the fest is over). I did not anticipate so much interest, as the last time that I tried to sell these there was no interest whatsoever. I am also not a rares collector, I just happen to have this item. So, I am not initiated into your local customs. I appreciate the feedback, so how do I rectify this situation? Do I re-post a more appropriately worded thread? or do I sell the gauntlets to Ryzk?

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, you guys are right about that. And I am sorry for any confusion. However, I received much more interest than I thought. And I was unaware of this rares fest with the suit missing the gauntlets (and I have had multiple people advise me to wait until the fest is over). I did not anticipate so much interest, as the last time that I tried to sell these there was no interest whatsoever. I am also not a rares collector, I just happen to have this item. So, I am not initiated into your local customs. I appreciate the feedback, so how do I rectify this situation? Do I re-post a more appropriately worded thread? or do I sell the gauntlets to Ryzk?
Sell them to @Ryzk unless you work it out with him about either waiting or re-posting, maybe if he accepts and you get more from someone else then split the difference over the original 300m :)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice deal, maybe Ryzk also has an uncompleted suit just waiting for those! I didn't see your b/o or anything in the original post or would have pm'ed. Nice sell friend and welcome back to the Rares Collector forums!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Righty

you did say "or best offer" so i would have seen nothing wrong to sell to a higher one if that was the best offer. most people just assume that the "best offer" will always be lower than the asking price, but as you saw here, thats not always true. if you had 300m as a "buyout price" thats totally different than an "asking price".

in the end it was nice of you to sell to first interested buyer and not take it to bidding war.

Last edited:

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
generally speaking, if u are asking 300m then normally it should sell to the 1st person that messages u about it. since it wasnt an auction there is no "buyout". he did the correct thing by selling to the 1st person to contact him willing to pay his asking price

Rocco

Seasoned Veteran
Naw i agree with Smoot. He did not have to sell and you guy pushed him into selling for less money. When he says 300 or best offer that is saying pretty much starting this out at 300m and going to the best offer (same as a auction).

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Naw i agree with Smoot. He did not have to sell and you guy pushed him into selling for less money. When he says 300 or best offer that is saying pretty much starting this out at 300m and going to the best offer (same as a auction).
Here's the original thread where he got the price check from, reliable source and was told it was worth between 250-300m. I can show you both 100's of threads where obo generally means lower on stratics and that's what he meant in the thread. Seller did the right thing in the end and will maybe change the wording next time to avoid any confusing since some seem mixed on the subject

[Selling] - Crux Ansata Gauntlets (Sold)

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great discussion so far. I am satisfied with the way the deal turned out. However, it may be beneficial for you to come to a consensus regarding the terminology. I most definitely learned that being clear and concise is extremely important.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He did the right thing and honored his post as it was intended. 300M Obo means 300m gets it if someone offers that. Anything else would have been greasy. Right on Righty