• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Self repair armor for archers???

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a problem with my self repair armor on my archer.

it doesn't seem to be repairing..

is this because i'm not getting hit? i read somewhere that when i get hit the item is supposed to absorb the energy and repair itself, that's how it works?

anyone have any tips, besides from just repairing it?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmm i have a few pieces on my archer and never lose durabilty i have 5 self repair though maybe if you have only 1 its taking more than it can repair not sure

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My understanding is that armor self repairs only when it's hit. So if you're not getting hit much then it might not self repair much. Try letting some weak monsters hit you for a little while while holding a non-skill weapon and see if it self repairs.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to be hit to have your armor auto repair.
Self Repair 2 should be fine for an archer so long as you don't get hit much.

Self Repair 1 can do more damage than good. Honestly I'd love SR 1 to be the default on all armor. If you reach 0/100 durability with SR1 and take too much damage you'll see your max durability drop. e.g. parry training with 10 lizard men hitting you while in 0/100 Dur SR 1 will get you to 0/80 Dur pretty quick. I haven't seen this effect SR 3+

I'd recommend repairing your armor if your at less than 5 durability. SR just saves you time in repairs if you ask me, and of course is great for parry training. SR is more of a perk than a requirement in armor I find.