• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

self polination with bright colors

• Thread starter Kallie Pigeon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
K

Kallie Pigeon

If I have a bright red century plant or a bright green snake plant and I let it self polinate will it result in bright colored seeds? I looked but couldn't find the info. Also to get a bright colored plant, if I cross polinate a normal colored plant with another identical normal colored plant it will result in a bright color but if I self polinate it then it will be identicle to the parent plant...is this correct? Sorry I think this is how it is but want to be sure so I don't waste a generation.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I have a bright red century plant or a bright green snake plant and I let it self polinate will it result in bright colored seeds? I looked but couldn't find the info. Also to get a bright colored plant, if I cross polinate a normal colored plant with another identical normal colored plant it will result in a bright color but if I self polinate it then it will be identicle to the parent plant...is this correct? Sorry I think this is how it is but want to be sure so I don't waste a generation.
Self only = clone
same color to same color = bright

K

Kallie Pigeon

Thanks. I guess I have been reading too much, and actually just found the answer but it is good to get confirmation. Should be getting some red leaves this time around and some green thorns and next time some orange petals. Plants just popped out :) I guess I have the gardening bug now:gee: