• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seed Strangeness and Peculiar Plants

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me open by stating I'm on Lake Superior, so part of this is to find out if it is happening elsewhere as well.

My hunting habits, by and large, are quite restricted - for the most part, I hunt for critters that tend to drop decent gold, and as importantly, items to use, either for improvement for my characters, or as items to unravel for imbuing.

To make that prior statement relevant, I hunt Tsuki Wolves. A lot. Between the drops, gold, and leather, it makes for a good, all in one target. I'll also kill any and all kappas I run across, if only for the seeds. On quiet nights, I will hit the Cyclopian Warriors and Titans in Despise.

Despite what the charts linked here on Stratics show, I get, excluding the fragrant seeds, 5 different peculiar seeds, vs the 4 that are indicated. That is one anomoly - the other is what is produced.

I am in the process of reproducing this, but I have so far had sprout flax, foxglove, orflver flower, the hops with the curve on the left, and spider trees... not a single deco cactus, which is proscribed, and 2 plants which aren't on the Tsuki/Titan/Juka list at all.

On the Kappa list, which I am going to take the time to farm more seeds for, I have gotten the sugarcane, the large hedge, the right curved hops, and the small hedge... no cypress.

I have yet to take the time to farm the seeds from the other 2 groups, although that is high on the to do list.

So - the questions are as follows -

1) Has anyone else experienced anomalies such as these?
2) Which would be the best option for collecting poppy seeds, for a more firm way of identifying seed?

Thanks in advance.

Guido

F

Flora Green

I *think* there is a thread or two about this somewhere in the forum and perhaps a hastily put together new chart with the revised drops. I haven't actively gardened in some time, but unless the seeds have changed again, this was documented sometime last year. Maybe someone else can help you and give a more thorough answer. If you've found something new, thanks for letting us know. :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which chart are you using? I use the one on UOstratics gardner profession thing on the front page not the one in the forum..

Some on uhall told my sis about when we were looking for flax seeds :)

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which chart are you using? I use the one on UOstratics gardner profession thing on the front page not the one in the forum..

Some on uhall told my sis about when we were looking for flax seeds :)
I was using the 2 that were linked here in the forum - the one in Japanese and the one in English - both are incorrect, as they only list the 4 types of seeds (excepting fragrant), while the one linked from the front page is correct in number, but incorrect (at least by one plant) in the actual plant yielded.

I am running a new set of trials now - I spent a few too many hours collecting seeds from the various groupings last night, (the reason for the tired mood) and will see if the issue of the incorrect plants still exists in 7 days or sooner (I use fertile soil for the peculiars - no sense in pacing it since there are no seeds or resources that I am in need of)

More to come...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of the peculiar plants and the resourses they give. The poppies remain the only one worth the time for reward. Wisp best bet in the dungeon out Honesty gate. Wisp still giving 4 types seeds. Poppies/Cattails/Water Lilly/Spider Tree.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The strangeness continues.

After another run with freshly collected seeds, I am 100% certain that the Spider Tree plants are dropping off both the Tsuki Wolves and Titans. It seems they have swapped places with the Cactus, which I have gotten (again, fresh seed) from Wisps.

It also appears there are 2 "new" varieties of seeds, which are probably replacements -

the original was Peculiar Flax Seed (poppy dust id'ed)
the new is Bright Peculiar Flax Seed (again, poppy dust id'ed)

the other is not so much a new variety as it is a non-stacking version of the sugarcane. Again, both stacks (one of 25 and one of 6) were poppy dust id'ed.

And I'm actually not complaining - discovering what you will get each time around is kind of fun, in a strange, demented kind of way :)