• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Seed help: catcus?

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi all -

Am just setting up plant production after a long hiatus in the game, so trying to get my seed stock in order. I want to make sure I have at least one of each of the 1st gen plants so I can create a stock of baseline seeds for cross-pollination and propagation.

When sorting my seeds, I have several that are called simply "plain cactus," "red cactus" etc. I'm trying to determine if they are indeed the 1st-gen "tribarrel cactus," or if they're one of the other later generation cacti (prickly pear etc.)

Does anyone know how the seeds are labeled for the different cacti? (Hopefully they're not all just labeled as "cactus" and we have to play the guessing game -- I just can't remember.)

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ah, ok -- thanks Petra. I've been pouring over the old original info and the later updates re: the newer plants, but missed that the new flowering cactus seed is just called cactus.

And so it appears I'm running into the same problem that I now also see others are having, which is collecting a set of the 1st-gen baseline seeds so I have the source for propogation. Ironic that the 1st gens are now seeming harder to get than some of the 'rarer' new plant seeds...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say your best chance would be to put out an appeal on your shard board and through general chat for a donation.

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I would say your best chance would be to put out an appeal on your shard board and through general chat for a donation.
Funny; that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking....or on the Sonoma board here. o_O