• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Securely replace house

CityKitty

Visitor
Now, I know that things never mean what you think they mean in UO, so I came here for clarification. I placed over an IDOC a while back and it wasn't actually the house I wanted. It's nice but the rooms are a problem for me. Having noticed the "securely replace this house" option on the sign, I am wondering if that means I can replace my house, which is one of the "designer" ones, with a different one of the same size. Before you laugh, I my defense, I offer that I have been away from the game for many, many moons and trying hard to catch up.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes, you can also go back to the *classic* style...for example, if you have one of the contest design keeps and want to go for either another design OR go back to the original classic keep, you use the *Securely replace* function.

Before you do that, you have to remove all house add-ons, gozas and granite add-ons such as floor tiles and walls.

Here is a 20 second video I did of how smooth the process is

Also note the contents of my backpack in the video. It was a pain taking all of the things down that you have to but the process is painless :)

CityKitty

Visitor
That's great news! Last thing I expected was that it really meant what I hoped it meant! It does look painless, as you say, aside from having to remove everything. Thanks so much for the reply! Now, I need to find pictures of these homes. This will be an exciting day indeed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Publish 101 added one keep style and five castle styles which can be seen on this page .
  • Publish 103 added a further six keeps the styles of which can be seen on this page.
  • Publish 104 added a further six castles the styles of which can be seen on this page.
  • Publish 105 contest featured keeps, the six new styles can be seen on this page.
  • Publish 106 contest featured castles, the six new styles can be seen on this page.
  • Publish 107 contest featured castles, the six new styles can be seen on this page.
House Ownership – 1. Placing a House – Ultima Online

@CityKitty

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I hope that when you are done that you post some pictures!

CityKitty

Visitor
Oh yes, I will do that, tho I am not the best decorator but I do get a lot of great ideas from the people I've found here. Thank you, by the way!

Last edited: