• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Secret Passwords & Interesting Places

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Please find listed below the passwords thus far gleaned from the kind folk of Europa.
Further interesting (and potentially dangerous!) places can also be found in the subsequent posts!
There also appear to be a few outstanding questions, and potentially un-mentioned things to add to this, so please feel free to contribute!

Thanks all, and safe travels!

:) :) :)

★★★ PASSWORDS! ★★★

From
Password
To

◇ Hedge Maze, North East Tower Roof
☆ honor
☞ Buc's Den Tunnels

◇ Hedge Maze, Room Under Central Building
☆ hattiienk
☞ Trinsic, Blackrock Obelisk Room

◇ Burnt Tree outside Ricardo's Cave
☆ bhulpwer
☞ Ricardo's Cave

◇ Vesper, Island South of the Beekeepers
☆ sanvoran
☞ Ice plateau South East of Kos Heb

◇ Vesper Beekeepers
☆ golan
☞ Vesper Forest

◇ A Rock East of the Dead Forest (Ilshenar)
☆ roclasmpy
☞ Void Demon Area

◇ Wisp Dungeon level 1, Red Wisp Statue
☆ manifestationsofwisdom
☞ Void Maze

◇ An archway in the Dragon Isle ruins
☆ rhumbaba
☞ Pirate Cave

◇ Shame Level 1, Dragon Statue
☆ wisdom
☞ Shame Level 5, Mage Tower

◇ Britain Sewers, Signpost in North East room
☆ charvory
☞ Lower sewers

Ethereal Fortress in Ilshenar :

◇ Ethereal fortress 1, Scroll
☆ masteropenthydoor

◇ Ethereal fortress 2, West Door
☆ painless operation

◇ Ethereal fortress 3, North Door
☆ safety in numbers

◇ Ethereal fortress 4, North Door
☆ futile

◇ Ethereal fortress 5, East Door
☆ concerto

And the obvious ones!

◇ Moonglow Mage Shop
☆ recdu
☞ Papua Mage Shop

◇ Papua Mage Shop
☆ recsu
☞ Moonglow Mage Shop

◇ Serpent Statue, Britannia
☆ doracron
☞ Serpent Statue, Lost Lands

◇ Serpent Statue, Lost Lands
☆ sueacron
☞ Serpent Statue, Britannia

I am still stuck with :

Getting into the building on the North East island on the lowest level of Shame.
Getting onto the South Western island on the lowest level of Shame.

So if anyone has any info on these at all that would be great!!!

Thanks muchly

Ferrut

:) :)

(p.s. My new rune library should be opening next Saturday, 8th Nov, will post some more details this week! :mf_prop: )

Sources:
http://www.uoforums.com/f281/spoiler...s-in-uo-35617/
http://martin.brenner.de/ultima/uo/journal.html
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories4/story74.htm

Many thanks to :
Flame & Mord - for loads of useful info, maps and everything!!!
Petra Fyde – for the Pirate Cave password
Seasseragh – for reminding about the strange gate in Skara Brae
Cailleach – for confirmation the hole(s?) into Buc’s Den Tunnels still exist
Trevelyan – for the Shame Dragon Password
Tjalle – for info on the Wisp Dungeon Puzzle
Muldran – for background info on the Vesper Island password
Escaflowne - for the Vesper Beekeeper’s Password
Petra Fyde (again!) – For stickiness!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the statue in shame used to go to the mage tower on level 5, no password as such, you read the writing on the statue.

There's also the pirate cave which was part of the fiction leading up to SE (I think) The cave is on every shard, but the entrance and password varies. On Europa stand beneath the arch of the ruins on Dragon Isle and say 'Rhumbaba'

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oo oo oo! *runs off to try the rhubarb dance thing on dragon isle*

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent, many thanks Petra, the pirate cave thing works lovely!
I think I get what you mean about the Dragon also, thanks again for the info.

tjalle - what's this about a "puzzle"?! *looks confused...!*

S

Seasseragh

North of the Stables in Skara there is a blue moongate that takes you to a guardpost near Yew. (41°44´S, 51°45´W)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need a password to get to the cave under Bucs Den. You just need to amble aimlessly round the forest approx North/North West of the bank, lumberjacking. You'll fall down into it, I promise - I certainly do most times I go logging there!

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seasseragh - Aye, that gate is great, I also love the one way Nujelm Moongate!

Cailleach (and anyone else!) - I have managed to find that entrance in the past, but was not able to recently... granted I did not try as hard to find it as before, but I wondered if the entrance from the woods(jungle?) has been messed up by the, erm, 'land re-furbishment' brought about by the introduciton of KR? Have you (or anyone?) managed to get in that way since?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! And something else I found in my searches the other day that might interest you...

You know the mini-dungeon type thing where Jordan Jurrel turned into a statue thing? You used to be able to reach it easily from the Old Haven land mass?

Well, I was just checking out the waters south of New Haven to see if anything interesting got left behind, and lo and behold there is the broken bridge thing and the crystal to get into it! Sat in the middle of the sea! Unfortunately you can't mark runes anywhere on it that work. :(

Also!! A bit further to the south there is some left over pillory bits! These you can mark and recall to... But, it looks like some wilderness spawn has been left switched on in that area, and there's nearly always some wildlife perched on top of the bits thus blocking the recall! Doh! hehe.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cailleach (and anyone else!) - I have managed to find that entrance in the past, but was not able to recently... granted I did not try as hard to find it as before, but I wondered if the entrance from the woods(jungle?) has been messed up by the, erm, 'land re-furbishment' brought about by the introduciton of KR? Have you (or anyone?) managed to get in that way since?
Last week, if I recall correctly. I shrugged and mined a bit instead :)

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh! That's good! Thanks Cailleach.

*wonders if there is more than one way to fall in....*

T

Trevelyan

A) say "wisdom"

B) possibly related, I think you can say "fire" to a dragon statue in ice dungeon with the reverse result

C) never heard of this

T

TerryFyde

oooops ...... sorry i put a Siege specific one in there.

S

Sir Kenga

1) The lowest level of dungeon shame has 6 islands. You can teleport easily to 4 of these. However the South Eastern and North western island are beyond teleport reach. I have seen on a couple of sites that you used to be able to reach these by either boat or a teleporter somewhere. You can't use boats in there anymore, so... does anyone have runes to these, or know how to get there by other means?!
Try shadow jump.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trevelyan -
Thats excellent! Many thanks! :D

It takes you to level 5 Shame, where I happened to notice (silly me missed it before) you can actually get onto the ledge of the North Eastern island by teleporting from the shore nearby.

This does still leave the problem of the entering the walled area on the island though...

Oh and the South Western isle still seems way to far away to reach via tele or shadow jump :)

Sir Kenga - Shadow Jump appears to have the same range as Teleport? Or am I missing some other use for it?

tjalle -
I've never been down there!!! Thanks!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No problem!

Btw, have you tried out the teleport maze? It´s kinda tricky... :)

M

muldran

One that was planted a while back during the events where Jordan and the others were taking the dreamy girl Glade around the world, they placed her in a mystic place that's locked from the rest of the world.

The portal still works, using the word sanvoran

It's accessed from a little island in the middle of Vesper - it's the one that's directly south of the 'Busy Bees' beehive island. Just hop on a boat, and you'll see the sparkly, which is where you can say the magic word.

No one ever remembers that one ;)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Last week, if I recall correctly. I shrugged and mined a bit instead :)

Woohoo!

I'm another one who thought that the "falling down the hole" place had vanished.

A bit more wandering is called-for.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hole in level 3 of Fandancer Dojo, just walking on it takes you to area we killed the enslaved demon.

Warning you cannot recall or port out until you are in the corirdor near the moongate room. Access to moongate is only possible as a ghost if I remember right. A few fights before you get that far, multiple headless np, but also hords of hard minions too. Cannot remember if theres more after the hord minions, happy travels.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got round to having a look at the puzzle type thing at the bottom of the 'wisp dungeon!

What a pain! hehe! I assume maybe your supposed to spell something...?

Anyway, one other thing I was going to ask :

I think I read something somewhere about a cannon or something, in Ilshenar, that upon a certain command, would fire ye onto some nice beach place? With lots of birds? (Of the feathered variety!)

Flame - yes that spot is nice! I did consider hunting for bones there for a while, but they respawn a tad slow unfortunately! I never did make it to that moongate though... heh

Muldran - I think that's the one I mentioned above that takes you to the plateau near Kos Heb? I wonder also if that is the same one I have heard mention of 'near the beekeepers in Vesper'.

Still stuck getting into/onto the west isle and the north-east isle's building on Shame 5.... maybe one day! hehe

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure if this will help did it some time ago

when I have time to go locate the fur rug, (in a hut) I will post the co-ordinates it leads into a 2 level cave where we discovered Lorgash the rat with his hordes of nasty rats and the book of the Shattering. The hordes of rats were still there last I looked and can be very nasty if your not prepared.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Flame! That's great!!

The Fur-rug-hut Ratty Dungeon thing sounds even better!!!

I have vague recollections of seeing something similar on my travels recently, but I may be imagining it!

Definately remember some bizarre brightly coloured rugs, but maybe not fur ones!

OH, and the cannon shooting you to a beach in Ilshenar - 'did a quick search and it looks like it's Baja specific. :(

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok rat cave is south of Destard enterence at the bottom of the peninsular in the swamp. Double click the fur rug between the beds in the small hut of 3 in a row and be ready to fight.

now trying to find the password to get into the dangerouse part of brit sewers, I remember you say the password right next to the sign in NW part of sewers, will post it once I have time to find it. Part of it can no longer be accessed due to the bridge collapsing during the event but I have a rune to other side if anyone wants to visit it, come to thing of it not sure if it still works *adds to list of things to do*.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! Many thanks Flame, I will have to try that out tomorrow! *Grins*

Oh, and I think I know the sewer one now you mention it! It seems I also have a rune to the beach area down there, and it does still work!

Found the password ("Charvory") here also :

http://www.uoguide.com/Britain_Sewers

As an aside, I also appear to have made a note of the word :
"Infama"

But I have no idea why.... :(

It appears to be one of the Virtue opposing Words of Power, specifically for Shame. (As shown here : http://www.uoguide.com/Virtues )

But I have no idea why I made a note of it!!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh yes thats the password, I checked my beach rune in the sewers and mine also still works as dose my rune to the second level where the collapsed moongate is, did not have time to stop to see if it was still there as the now very starving quagmire beasts (or however you spell it) thought I would make an interesting lunch.

"Infama" rings a bell with both mord and I, we at first thought it was how we discovered how to defeat the flames in terathan keep but after some research discovered we were wrong. Will keep trying.

Almost forgot another very dangerouse area is in Terathan keep where the demon is. Double click the torch on the wall to get to an area Ricardo was being held by the ophadians, (had a talking scarcrow there too).

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Finally got round to having a look at the puzzle type thing at the bottom of the 'wisp dungeon!

What a pain! hehe! I assume maybe your supposed to spell something...?
Nah, no need to spell anything.

Taking notes is your friend though... :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The password that you say next to one of the beehives as Vesper beekeepers is Golan which takes you to an area in one of the surrounding forests in Vesper.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Infama" rings a bell with both mord and I, we at first thought it was how we discovered how to defeat the flames in terathan keep but after some research discovered we were wrong. Will keep trying
I've never run across it used in an 'official' UO event, but I've missed so many of those that doesn't prove anything at all :( ... but it did appear as a 'Word of Power' in Ultima V, and I believe CORE used it in one of their RP events as a 'trigger', but I've only heard second and third hand reports of that - any CORE folks about who might remember where it was? Since in the Ultima V use it related to Shame dungeon, maybe there in UO as well?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The areas are not password controlled, but I guess everybody knows the Malas locations of the hidden rune-bags which take you to otherwise inaccessible locations?

If I remember correctly, there are eight?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Fluffi

I'm sure I read recently that they had 'fixed' the final rune?

The one that gives co-ordinates somewhere in the dead foresty region but doesnt actually let you teleport there?!

Have yet to try it out to see where it goes now....

S

Seasseragh

I think I read something somewhere about a cannon or something, in Ilshenar, that upon a certain command, would fire ye onto some nice beach place? With lots of birds? (Of the feathered variety!)
The cannon "shoots" you to Lenmir Anfinmotas, the otherwise unreachable beach area in the east of Ilshenar. It´s located in Montor.

BUT sadly it´s only on Atlantic (EM/Seer event) and I have no char there that would stand the slightest chance to reach it alive.
And since you can´t mark runes in Ilsh there´s no way to mark a rune there and bring it back to EU *le sigh*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can show you the beach on Siege, the way to get there isn't anything like as dangerous, even taking into account that it's Siege we're talking about. The way back needs you to run a bit though. I've done it on my crafter more than once, it's a lot more 'doable' than Montor on Atlantic. I know of no way to access it on Europa :(

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ever helpful Lady Flame just posted elsewhere the directions to cross the teleport maze in the Wisp Dungeon, so... I'll just quickly squeeze them in here whilst I remember!!

E S S S S W E N N S N E S W W

:)

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a pity you can't get to the beach by boat :(
(Sorry Petra I had to try it anyway, haha!)

Plus...!

I tried out pouch number 9 :

They have fixed it, you can now get into the snowy area in the mountains just to the North-East of Luna using the rune.

(I think you could get into there before from that cave leftover from the old Necromancer starting quest perhaps?)

B

Brak

Been away from the game for 2.5 years and still trying to remembers tons of stuff :)

Anyone have a clue why I've got a rune for an Ancient Liche in trammel? UOAM co-ords 141` 51`S 17` 51`E (the mountain directly north of where the passage to Delucia is).

Inside the mountain is a room with 3 statues and a couple of gravestones saying "To lift the *word scratched out* from its place of rest, give up a worthy offering of six" and "To seek out the *word scratched out* wait for the day the lanterns drop with blood".

Can't quite remember what its all about. Was it the location of a one of quest thing for a time?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
left over EM quest location. For quite some time there were 4 ancient lich in there but they were removed recently.

T

thelust6

Ah in that ancient lich cave there are three statues holding lamps, when all three are lit through the day, you better hope your not in that room!! (Probably bugged - spawns far to many at once :p)

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before I forget - stand on the little raised area on the Western side of the beach on Bald Island, then say "Dig" to get into One-Eyed Pete's Treasure trove. :)

(Possibly some more recently that I've missed? :( )

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and I tried lighting all three lamps in that Ancient Lich cave under Northpeak, couldn't get it to work though. :(
(Had to refuel one of the lamps though, which was kinda fun! hehe)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Fluffi

I'm sure I read recently that they had 'fixed' the final rune?

The one that gives co-ordinates somewhere in the dead foresty region but doesnt actually let you teleport there?!

Have yet to try it out to see where it goes now....
the 8th rune goes to the snowy area that is bolted onto the north walls of luna city..kinda room for about 6 big houses in there....i can get u inside on europa only