• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Searing Wounds PSA

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a pet is given Searing Wounds, it's able to damage creatures that are normally immune to pet damage, such as Shadow Ore Eles or Gregorio. Don't bring a pet with Searing Wounds to the Shadow Ore Ele in Yomotsu Mines, it tends to piss people off.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, in this case probably the only reason you would purposefully sit there and kill shadows would be to annoy people. So...
To grief... plain and simple call it what it is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, in this case probably the only reason you would purposefully sit there and kill shadows would be to annoy people. So...
Someone please come kill the Shadow Elemental my Cu is on!!! I decided to try this method of skilling. Who came up with this? My Cu started at 70.1 wrestling It is now up to 78.9 It feels like it has been 400 hours. Am I supposed to just empty my backpack and leave my character there all day? Making Barrel Hoops with my tinker is less boring than this!!!! I hate skilling. I've trained and killed 5 Fire beetles while waiting for this stupid wrestling to go up.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone please come kill the Shadow Elemental my Cu is on!!! I decided to try this method of skilling. Who came up with this? My Cu started at 70.1 wrestling It is now up to 78.9 It feels like it has been 400 hours. Am I supposed to just empty my backpack and leave my character there all day? Making Barrel Hoops with my tinker is less boring than this!!!! I hate skilling. I've trained and killed 5 Fire beetles while waiting for this stupid wrestling to go up.
The Shadow Ore Ele's Wrest/Tact has to be within 20.0 or 25.0 Points (can't remember which) of your pet's Wrest/Tact to gain. Getting a Shadow Ore Ele with skills close to your pet's is important. Another reason why the Yomotsu Mines is popular, 2 Shadow Ore Eles spawn in there, and like 10 secs after you kill one, another respawns. Let's you farm out a Shadow Ore Ele with skills close to your pet's. If people have been training on the same Shadow Ore Ele for hours, then it probably has GM Wrest/GM Tact at that point.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Shadow Ore Ele's Wrest/Tact has to be within 20.0 or 25.0 Points (can't remember which) of your pet's Wrest/Tact to gain. Getting a Shadow Ore Ele with skills close to your pet's is important. Another reason why the Yomotsu Mines is popular, 2 Shadow Ore Eles spawn in there, and like 10 secs after you kill one, another respawns. Let's you farm out a Shadow Ore Ele with skills close to your pet's. If people have been training on the same Shadow Ore Ele for hours, then it probably has GM Wrest/GM Tact at that point.
This... ^^^ It's why sometimes I bring my archer down there and kill it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Am I supposed to just empty my backpack and leave my character there all day? Making Barrel Hoops with my tinker is less boring than this!!!! I hate skilling. I've trained and killed 5 Fire beetles while waiting for this stupid wrestling to go up.
One of the reasons I am seldom in the mines. I go there when I am split screening and working on other things but anytime I want to just stand there and watch the screen for forty minute of my pet chomping on something to level I just key a Medusa. Cu's take her fairly easy... just be careful because you can supposedly lose your Cu's hue to the bug.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its actually within 30 to gain but more thsn 20 and the gains creep. 10 either way is ideal and the gains fly. They are worthless for training anything under 70-75 skill yet everyday I see someone in the mines with their 5 slot beetle that has 55 wrestng and 50 tactics pancakes about how training on them is worthless. Just finished training 4 bulls from 80 to 100 on a shadow el in wrest and tactics too 45 minutes. Also the pet tanking (The one taking hits) gains about 2x faster than the ones just beating on it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its actually within 30 to gain but more thsn 20 and the gains creep. 10 either way is ideal and the gains fly. They are worthless for training anything under 70-75 skill yet everyday I see someone in the mines with their 5 slot beetle that has 55 wrestng and 50 tactics pancakes about how training on them is worthless. Just finished training 4 bulls from 80 to 100 on a shadow el in wrest and tactics too 45 minutes. Also the pet tanking (The one taking hits) gains about 2x faster than the ones just beating on it.
Yeah I saw someone with a drake down there yesterday trying to get gains... also in the 50's... I wanted to say "good luck buddy"... but yeah.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I saw someone with a drake down there yesterday trying to get gains... also in the 50's... I wanted to say "good luck buddy"... but yeah.
Doesn't do any good most just call you a idiot and keep repeating the same failure and expecting a different result :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, at that point, the only way their pet can gain is if the Shadow Ore Ele is discoed, which messes up the gains of everyone elses high skill pets. If one of my pets ends up with low Wrest/Tact after tame, usually what i do is take them to beat on a disarmed Gregorio to raise their Wrest/Tact to 60s, then discord the pet and let them continue gaining Wrest/Tact into the 80s on him. Then bring them to Shadow Ore Eles.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Stuff is getting to be a bit much in all honesty. Some ass clown ran into the mines hollering, "Pay me 5m or I will kill it"... of course nobody paid the ransom and said ass clown proceeded to kill the Ele *shrugs*

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is something to be said for old school way of mining one up to train on :)
Yeah, that's what i used to do on Napa. I'd mine one up in the mountains between Luna and Umbra, then drag it a short ways west to the Inn/Stable, and train there. As soon as one pet got done training, i could stable it right there, and pull out another one. Still, had to mine quite a bit and blow through some Gargoyle Pickaxes to dig one up with the right amount of Wrest/Tact.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that's what i used to do on Napa. I'd mine one up in the mountains between Luna and Umbra, then drag it a short ways west to the Inn/Stable, and train there. As soon as one pet got done training, i could stable it right there, and pull out another one. Still, had to mine quite a bit and blow through some Gargoyle Pickaxes to dig one up with the right amount of Wrest/Tact.
Forgot about the inn with the stable out there in the middle of nowhere malas land :) I liked using the ilsh compassion gypsy camp for the same reason. LOL that got a little more exciting after paragons were added.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forgot about the inn with the stable out there in the middle of nowhere malas land :) I liked using the ilsh compassion gypsy camp for the same reason. LOL that got a little more exciting after paragons were added.
Yeah, i had a house that was right next to the Inn/Stable, so it was pretty convenient. Like having my own personal stables, before Hitching Posts came out.