• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Sealed Tower w Penthouse, Server birth items

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi rares experts!

Was wondering how much would a grandfathered sealed up tower with a penthouse sell for (just the 5 houses without the account)? I know it's not a traditional rare, but considering there aren't many of these left...

Also, can you advise what the following is worth:
1) Silverware (1 single item that contains knife, fork and spoon)
2) Wig
3) Red chessmen
4) White Chessmen
5) Bolt of cloth (with 1 cloth remaining I think)
6) Old gift tickets (those that has a number that you were supposed to match)
7) Practice weapons - skinning knife/longsword/mace/bow
8) 1st year xmas gift (without the fruitcake - they were too hard to resist)
9) Ship model (after the ship coking system was changed)
10) tub (looks like empty dyetub)

And a newbie question - Can you tel me how are transactions above 125 mil made?

Many thanks!

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server Location and Pic? personally for me I'd kill someones children for those houses on Atlantic though i wouldn't want them with out the account considering id then need 5 accounts just for one house. But would be allot of fun id actually rather it be old large smith then tower though but thats me.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Silverware (1 single item that contains knife, fork and spoon) 40m
2) Wig 30m
3) Red chessmen 50m
4) White Chessmen 50m
5) Bolt of cloth (with 1 cloth remaining I think) -not rare afaik
6) Old gift tickets (those that has a number that you were supposed to match) -not rare, 10k
7) Practice weapons - skinning knife/longsword/mace/bow 150k knife/rest 50-70k ea.
8) 1st year xmas gift (without the fruitcake - they were too hard to resist) -depends what is inside, could be 5m - 20m
9) Ship model (after the ship coking stem was changed) -if not blessed maybe 5m
10) tub (looks like empty dyetub) -not rare, 2k

Over 125m, usually the buyer has to trust the seller and fork over the balance over 120m first. Then, they can buy the item for the balance. If trust is not to be had, then use a broker who is mutually trusted.

On the houses, fairly worthless without the account imo. $65 a month - forever - is just too steep to hold them. At least for most.

Lily of Arirang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi rares experts!

Was wondering how much would a grandfathered sealed up tower with a penthouse sell for (just the 5 houses without the account)? I know it's not a traditional rare, but considering there aren't many of these left...

2) Wig
3) Red chessmen
4) White Chessmen

Many thanks!
Yeah grandfather houses are useless without the original account. Once the transfer they lose that status.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, thanks for the quick replies! Didn't expect answers so quickly.

Aye, I understand that it's defnitely worth alot more if it comes with the account. But I'm just transferring to another shard, so I was trying to see if I can free up the account for a new house there. Besides, the account's my main and has much sentimental value. I would never dream of selling the account :)

Sorry Vlad, it's on Baja. Large smith deeds were alot harder to find at that time, that plus I am greedy and wanted to fit a penthouse on the roof.

Thanks Pete! I was trying to imagine someone locking down 400 checks in a house and transferring the entire house. Or maybe just trade 26.6 cinctures, and trying to sell them off 1 at a time on their vendor.

Lily - When you say they loose their grandfather status, does the "improperly placed" tag also condemn the houses? If so, then I'll have to throw entire the idea out.

What about customizing any of the houses? Will that also condemn the houses?

Thanks!

L

Lord Kynd

Wow, thanks for the quick replies! Didn't expect answers so quickly.

Aye, I understand that it's defnitely worth alot more if it comes with the account. But I'm just transferring to another shard, so I was trying to see if I can free up the account for a new house there. Besides, the account's my main and has much sentimental value. I would never dream of selling the account :)

Sorry Vlad, it's on Baja. Large smith deeds were alot harder to find at that time, that plus I am greedy and wanted to fit a penthouse on the roof.

Thanks Pete! I was trying to imagine someone locking down 400 checks in a house and transferring the entire house. Or maybe just trade 26.6 cinctures, and trying to sell them off 1 at a time on their vendor.

Lily - When you say they loose their grandfather status, does the "improperly placed" tag also condemn the houses? If so, then I'll have to throw entire the idea out.

What about customizing any of the houses? Will that also condemn the houses?

Thanks!
not sure in improper placed will do anything but i believe changing them, custom will end grandfathered.

V

Vahne

Yes, changing one of them to a custom house will condemn the other houses. That would be sad for sure, but a castle would probably still be better imo, unless one of the five houses are in a prime location ofcourse. But ya, you definitely would have to sell the account to preserve the grandfathered status of them.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't beleive thats true I've got a friend that had 3 large smithys and a few other grandfathered houses and his castle on one account he just customized 3 of them like a month ago... no problems...

V

Vahne

Ah well I could be wrong then. I thought I remember that being one of the conditions of keeping the grandfathered houses was that you couldn't change em to custom, but hey that's just from what I've been told over the years. :gee: *kicks sources*

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi rares experts!

2) Wig
3) Red chessmen
4) White Chessmen

Many thanks!

I have a grandfathered account with 5 houses on one shard, a house on another shard and still another on another shard and to be safe, I wouildn't customize nor be co-owner or anything else for fear it would screw it up. To me, a grandfathered account is untouchable if you want it to stay that way (to be safe). What one person does (to customize) might not work for another if you know how UO goes at times. Also, are you sure your red and white chessman are chessmen and not checkers? If they are checkers, I'm interested if you sell them. Good luck :)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are grandfathered houses?
Back in the day you could have multiple houses on the same account.
When they changed that rule, they allowed the old accounts to keep their houses.

I personally have an account with a house inside the guardzone on Atl, in Fel and several other houses. Pretty fun :).

C

CapLoD

i believe he means the large tower with 3 small houses blocking the front doors from anyones access unless they have a rune.

Then there is another small house PLACED ON THE TOWERS ROOF which makes it 5 houses altogether.

So it's not a question as to where each individual house is, they are worth FAR more together.

1000 times better than a castle imo.

Needless to say the houses are all in Fel as no other housing allowed subserver was online when you were able to do this.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys!

shalanria - sorry, my eyes are failing me...they are chessmen, but black and white, not black and red. I'll definitely let you know if I decide to sell them.

Regarding co-ownership : A year ago, my buddy co-owned his house to me on a different shard (he just started playing and I forgot to tell him not to co-own me cause I have other houses). Unfortunately there wasn't a gump to ask whether I wanted to accept, just a message that tells me that I have been added as a co-owner. My heart skipped a beat and I rushed to check my grandfathered houses. Fortunately they were not harmed in anyway, still have their grandfathered status and all.

It's as CapLOD says. Unfortunately, there are no risk-free ways to test unless the shard is mirrored to test centre. And even so, it might still behave differently. I guess the only way to know is from people that have done this before.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys!

shalanria - sorry, my eyes are failing me...they are chessmen, but black and white, not black and red. I'll definitely let you know if I decide to sell them.

Regarding co-ownership : A year ago, my buddy co-owned his house to me on a different shard (he just started playing and I forgot to tell him not to co-own me cause I have other houses). Unfortunately there wasn't a gump to ask whether I wanted to accept, just a message that tells me that I have been added as a co-owner. My heart skipped a beat and I rushed to check my grandfathered houses. Fortunately they were not harmed in anyway, still have their grandfathered status and all.

It's as CapLOD says. Unfortunately, there are no risk-free ways to test unless the shard is mirrored to test centre. And even so, it might still behave differently. I guess the only way to know is from people that have done this before.

I know what you mean about eyes failing you, im just glad they are chessmen because I knew I didn't know about red chessman, so I'm glad of that :lol: And a few months ago, someone on siege put me as co-owner without asking me, scared me to death, but I got him to remove me immediately, but figured since it didn't ask me if i agreed, that it would be okay. Anyway good luck in whatever you decide :thumbup1:

C

Cysphruo

a picture would be really nice

and you could always try doing it before server down, you have a small window of time to do stuff where it all reverts back, remember server wars?