• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sea Market

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any issues you find with the Sea Market in this thread.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not 100% sure whether this will be an issue or not but:
you can recall to your boat that is near the Sea Market.
Not on Siege. Unless you can somehow make recall and sacred journey work only on boat keys? Only gate spell on Siege, and you can't cast gate on a boat key.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Sea Market is rather hard to get to when its surrounded by a traffic jam of new ships.

There needs to be a loading/unloading zone where boats can't just sit there...

Selling rowboats in the cities may help with this.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I STILL say Devil Guard is better. Don't people care about paying homage to the original series anymore?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there should be a time limit for "parking" at the seamarket.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
right now we have peeps from all shards playing when it hits prodo shards it wont be as bad

T

Tancred RedStar

There should be a forge and anvil in Sea Market, perhaps at/near the Soulforge. Crafting smithing items or doing repairs, or even using repair deeds will require this.

T

Tancred RedStar

The southern end of Sea Market should perhaps be lengthened two screens east and two screens west and set with more perpendicular boat slips, like a marina, to maximize boat parking.

Additionally, does Sea Market count as "deep water" for fishing? Not only in regards to skillgain and fishing, but also for when people want to hold events such as net tosses or fishing tournaments.

T

Tancred RedStar

Sea Market needs a trash barrel or two, one by the bank and perhaps another down at the south end of the dock to reduce visual clutter and decay timers running.

T

Tancred RedStar

Please do not forget some background or fiction behind the origin of Sea Market. Even if it's just something quick and whipped up like Queen Dawn ordered its construction, or Magincia refugees built it, please do not let it just "appear" out of the blue fiction-wise.

G

Gowron

Too many ships block access from the Sea Market. If it weren't for the benefit of another ship captain blocked in, I wouldn't have been able to purchase my ship.

- Recommended solution: Harbor Master Feature - If within X distance from the Sea Market, click on the tillerman to have the char moved to the town. Conversely, click on the Harbor Master to be returned to your boat/ship.

The World Map doesn't reflect the geographical updates from the SA expansion.

- Recommended solution: World maps viewed by accounts with the SA expansion take that into account. If the account hasn't been updated, world maps stay as they are.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
kinda strange that the banker is standing in the middle of the dock,its like a waterlogged version of luna in some sense.
some things could be added.
ankh comes to mind atm

S

seapup

Not sure if this can be done but lets try it out lol.
You all know that docking is a pain especialy when u have small boats to big ships blocking people or just blocking entrance way into the dock area.
Well how about implamenting away of when u arive close enough you can have your ship docked by an NPC. eg: Would u like us to dock your ship for ($$) amount?
Almost like the way we do with our mounts and stuff (stable) lol
Now not sure if this can be done but it's a kewl idea.

Also I would love to see a timer set on the amount of time someone can be docked at the sea merchant. 15-30 mins. is enough time to go and get your Monger Quest then back to the ship and poof, off you go again into the ocean breeze.

All this is people is a idea of what can prob work out.
Comments are welcome lol

D

Deb

I agree, on larger shards i think this docking problem will be huge. Maybe have an area for the rowboats...kinda like motorcycle parking :)
And a gate from Brit or Luna to the market would be great on test.

B

Brujah

Some quick questions:

What is the need for the "Sea Market?" Why not use Buccaneer's Den instead?

On Atlantic, we already have more than a dozen NPC towns in the game that are essentially unused. I won't go into a persuasive essay about this. The logic is clear for any to see.

Also, why is there no Human Galleon?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bpat Parking

Boats need to be Moored out in deep water and dingies used to get to the docks AND once there you have to pocket your dingy before moving!!!:thumbup1:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Bpat Parking

I found a temporary fix.

I went to Felucca - prices were nicer for saltpeter too :D.

of course, now I've mentioned it here, it's very temporary fix :D

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem: One Alchemist (Trammel side / Felucca side) sells Saltpeter prices keep climbing!!

Price starts at 8 gold and now currently 229 gold and still climbing, Are more alchemist around moonglow gonna sell this item too? Important item for shooting cannons and will be too expensive for new players or old ones to buy. Maybe add more alchemist to sell this item or make it so the price has a maximum limit. (Saltpeter prices climb higher then imbuing ingredient of small gems). Yipes!

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this can be done but lets try it out lol.
You all know that docking is a pain especialy when u have small boats to big ships blocking people or just blocking entrance way into the dock area.
Well how about implamenting away of when u arive close enough you can have your ship docked by an NPC. eg: Would u like us to dock your ship for ($$) amount?
Almost like the way we do with our mounts and stuff (stable) lol
Now not sure if this can be done but it's a kewl idea.

Also I would love to see a timer set on the amount of time someone can be docked at the sea merchant. 15-30 mins. is enough time to go and get your Monger Quest then back to the ship and poof, off you go again into the ocean breeze.

All this is people is a idea of what can prob work out.
Comments are welcome lol

Only problem with this idea is that if you are doing the fishing quests, you can't dock your boat or you lose the quest.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't need to go right to the market with your ship, you can park it a screen or two away and row in, or even recall to Brit bank and get gated in. You can finish the quest and get a new one. I've done several quests and my ship hasn't been within a screen of the market as yet.

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some sort of barrier would work well keeping boats from the dock. Close enough that you can pull your inventory out by dock master and access the quest, but far enough that you must use a row boat to get off your boat and onto the dock.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There needs to be a fix as i havent even been able to get to the market yet as of all the boats, i like how the dingy docks its self after a while. All ships need to do this or dont let big ones in.

Im dying to check the new place out.

Also it could be made so that you can get off you boat from a greater distance, i have managed to boat hope from dingy to dingy but people are afk on there dingys so it wont auto dock it meaning i cant get in :(

Thunderz

M

MsMel68

MAJOR PROBLEM with only 1 alchemist. Prices are HUGELY run up on Saltpeter. and the failure rate is AWFUL to make BLACKPOWDER

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is some good ideas in this post about possible fixes, just incase the "one in the works" doesnt work as we have a habbit of that happening!!

Just had a though, DONT LET TRIAL ACCOUNTS HAVE THE NEW BOATS that would get messy with some nerd with to much time to go place that many rowing boats on the dock and log them out, or even just the big boats everywhere!!

Just had an idea if they done it in lains like this. Then it would take loads of boats to block it all off, as there would be a gap between the big boat lanes for you to launch your dingy, and aslong as there is no one afk in like 10 dingys (the length of the dock).

Thunderz

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is some good ideas in this post about possible fixes, just incase the "one in the works" doesnt work as we have a habbit of that happening!!

Just had a though, DONT LET TRIAL ACCOUNTS HAVE THE NEW BOATS that would get messy with some nerd with to much time to go place that many rowing boats on the dock and log them out, or even just the big boats everywhere!!

Just had an idea if they done it in lains like this. Then it would take loads of boats to block it all off, as there would be a gap between the big boat lanes for you to launch your dingy, and aslong as there is no one afk in like 10 dingys (the length of the dock).

Thunderz
People have trouble parking in real life, I wouldn't be surprised if hardly anyone kept to their 'correct' lane so to speak. :(

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think if we are going to leave it open for ships to come in and load and unload then as soon as you debark your ship you have a 20 min or so timer before it is teleported out to sea in a random direction this will let people stay on ship and do whatever they are doing but if you log or are not on ship for 20 min it teleports out!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People have trouble parking in real life, I wouldn't be surprised if hardly anyone kept to their 'correct' lane so to speak. :(
I was thinking the lanes could be the size of the shop, so a small one could go down the big lane but they get deleted after a couple of minutes of disembarking. But a large would not fit in the small lane, maybe marker boys to show the lanes.

Thunderz

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
saltpeter at market place renames itself to gunpowder after bought was kinda confusing in begining till i had to make gunpowder for charges and saw the difference..

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trial accounts with HS expansion?
Im not sure how the HS expansion is going to work and what are $15 will give us.

Does it mean we cant dock at the port, cant get on a new boat, cant buy a new boat or deploy one if one is given to us, cant summon or kill the new bosses, cant fish up new fish or do the new quests or kill pirates, if we dont have the expansion?

As im not sure what benifit paying the money will or wont let me do.

Thanks

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the market there is 2 tiles you can not walk over or place an object on the floor there. If you try walking over them you just get rubber banded.

They are the tile south of these 2 co-ordinates

59o 45's 133o 7'w

60o 12's 133o 7'w

Thunderz

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thunderz, your client is fully updated?
I have same, but I have not updated it yet.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talking about tiles you can't walk on, All down the docks are blue platforms, just the single tile, Can't walk on them. What are their function? They look rather odd.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well the fix for the boats at the market seems to be working! now try to get into some of the other docks may need a similar fix for them !