• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] SDI vs. Slayer

• Thread starter Turdnugget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Turdnugget

Question, if I've got 21 base SDI from items (hat/bracelet) would I be better off flame striking the champion witha +30 SDI invasion spellbook, or a slayer spellbook?

Anyone know the difference of what the damage would be?

So would 51 SDI be better than 21 SDI + Slayer spellbook or no?

G

GFY

In my experience, go with the slayer for max damage output. I believe in your situation slayers give +100 sdi. You'd probably be 121 vs 51 with your 2 books. But remember this only works vs specific monsters. Plus if you get an opposite slayer you'll do even less damage. So choose your weapons carefully based on what your fighting.

This applies to mages only because dexxers with chiv and samurai buffs can approach max damage increase without needing slayers.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I carry scrappers, invasion, event undead, and arch/demon/ele/repond/reptile slayer books on my mage - they weigh nada and are blessed, thus, I'm "always prepared" !

With Exp spell on DF with Demon book equipped I do 105ish damage vs. 70ish with scrappers in hand (Elemental slayer on DF also does more than scrappers, about 10-15 HP more).

I use undead slayer in Room 1, scrappers or inv book rm2, demon rm3, undead rm4, demon rm5 and Demon slayer for DF. I throw aerth elies at him then cast Exp - run 5 sq - precast, run back and target "last" and do it again. Mages can joust too:)

What I do not know for certain is whether to keep slayer book in hand or swap to Invasion 30sdi book at the end when I cast Word of Death. Not a good time to experiment when Champ is redlined, and poss arti drop in the offing...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For spellweaving WOD go with the SDI. I usually go with a scrappers doing the spawn since I'm just withering, esssance of wind, and EV's (all depending on the spawn). Some spawns like the undead I will use an undead spell book for the 3rd and 4th level since they have high cold resist and just do fireball/flamestrike or meteor strikes. Then hit the boss with slayer spellbook for direct damage spells, then back to scrappers for WOD.

C

Chaosy

Slayer books output more damage than SDI books, but only in direct damage spells. If you cast anything other than direct damage magery spells, go with the SDI.

G

GFY

Slayer books output more damage than SDI books, but only in direct damage spells. If you cast anything other than direct damage magery spells, go with the SDI.
Hmm... if you use slayer for direct damage spells, why would you need to change out for casting spells that don't use SDI to begin with?

I swap out a Tome of Lost Knowledge when I don't need slayers for the other mods on the book. Is this what your saying?

C

Chaosy

Hmm... if you use slayer for direct damage spells, why would you need to change out for casting spells that don't use SDI to begin with?

I swap out a Tome of Lost Knowledge when I don't need slayers for the other mods on the book. Is this what your saying?
Not quite. Slayers are only good for direct damage magery spells. If you're going to be using spellweaving or necro spells, swap the slayer out for SDI.

G

GFY

Not quite. Slayers are only good for direct damage magery spells. If you're going to be using spellweaving or necro spells, swap the slayer out for SDI.
OIC. I don't use my necro much and I haven't made a spell weaver yet.