• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SDI items.

Bruce Dickinson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the exception of hats, rings, bracelets, spell books, midnight bracers, pendant of the magi, and spellwoven britches, there are no other SDI items. Right?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the set armour types from ML (Greymist I think) gives 2 SDI per peice, so you can swap out the tunic and gloves. But it's minimal SDI though for lower LRC and resists.

Crystal glasses also gives more SDI compared to HOM/Rajin Kasa, but again, at the cost of resist and MR.

Crystalline ring also gives more SDI compared to the max 12 on magic rings.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Breath of the Dead also gives 5 SDI I believe - but no SC, so only usable for Necro wither/WoD damage...

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enough to balance out the over insane damage that only tamers and archers can do in pvm.:thumbsup:
No way to match the insane damage of a PvM archer. Maybe a tamer who doesnt play well can be beaten. But if theb tamer has chiv archery in his template or is using beetle mare combo you still have very little chance.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way to match the insane damage of a PvM archer. Maybe a tamer who doesnt play well can be beaten. But if theb tamer has chiv archery in his template or is using beetle mare combo you still have very little chance.
Nope there is not.

Thats why when He asked what more do ya need? I say's we need more sdi, enough to balance the gap.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever seen a disco tamer with 5 frenzy work some spawn? As far as the mage goes there is also the scribe bonus tweaked with a slayer spell book with 9SDI.

C

Chiera

I dunno, but my necro mage does fine on spawns damagewise. Just use all the sdi you can possibly fit on the suit and slayer spell books. Nox mages seem to work quite good as well at least on lower level spawns.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno, but my necro mage does fine on spawns damagewise. Just use all the sdi you can possibly fit on the suit and slayer spell books. Nox mages seem to work quite good as well at least on lower level spawns.
Necromages is great on spawns. I was thinking against 1 single boss. My chiv bushi wrath form archer can spam 200 dmg AI or 250dmg LS crits once every 1.5 second tho... I havent seem other templates beating my dmg on a single boss.

Bruce Dickinson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it had nothing to do with PVM damage. With a new template I thought up, the suit would be lacking in SDI unless I got it from a ring. So I was just hoping that there may have been some new SDI items since I last played.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it had nothing to do with PVM damage. With a new template I thought up, the suit would be lacking in SDI unless I got it from a ring. So I was just hoping that there may have been some new SDI items since I last played.
For PvP 15sdi cap, the most popular combo is pendent + kasa (17 sdi), kasa has great resist to make up a little bit for pendent, otherwise if you have great armor pieces you can use Hat of Magi + Pendent (15sdi).

If you are going with mage weapon route then pick up a crystilline ring (20sdi).

Bruce Dickinson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to have to find a leet ring. I can't use a hat, and a pendant would require obscenely high resist +LMC +LRC +MR items to be viable (corpse proof).

Although with 1% SDI I was doing fine, might as well get 10.

C

Chiera

Necromages is great on spawns. I was thinking against 1 single boss. My chiv bushi wrath form archer can spam 200 dmg AI or 250dmg LS crits once every 1.5 second tho... I havent seem other templates beating my dmg on a single boss.
on my necro it depends on the resists of the champ. But she's perfectly able to solo a Coon spawn doing about 100 - 140 dmg per fs against Coon itself.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there's a marti staff that has 5 sdi i think.

Staff of Power with 5% SDI but it is a 2-handed weapon and would prevent holding any SDI spellbook in hand.

So, it is not worth it. Much better hold an SDI spellbook and get more SDI.......

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My disco/provo mage with 85 SDI and slayer books can outdamage anything imo.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My SW'ing/Tamer will take that.... level 6 focus and start hitting with WoD for 700-800+ damage w/ level 6 focus in addition to my pets and spells before that.

T

Tazar

My SW'ing/Tamer will take that.... level 6 focus and start hitting with WoD for 700-800+ damage w/ level 6 focus in addition to my pets and spells before that.
I can keep up with a mage as well. 65 SDI & Slayer Scrappers puts me in a 190 to 250 damage range on energy bolt against most any MOB. I don't even bother with WoD because with the slow casting speed, I can crank out several flames-trikes faster and with more overall damage.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you consistantly getting level 6 focus? Is there another place to get it added to the game in the last couple of years?

T

Tazar

I think all of the Brit Banks now have an arcane circle that can give a level-6 focus. You just have to holler in chat and get enough people there at once. It's fairly easy to do now.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think all of the Brit Banks now have an arcane circle that can give a level-6 focus. You just have to holler in chat and get enough people there at once. It's fairly easy to do now.
Yes they do i get them all the time pretty easy with the chat now!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I thought wod was caped at like666

C

chuckoatl

15 sdi is all I need, since if you you show up at one of our spawns your PvM setup is not going to get you far MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you consistantly getting level 6 focus? Is there another place to get it added to the game in the last couple of years?
I have 5 accounts and I skilled up SW'ers to either 100 or 120 on each account.

Before they added the circles at Brit Bank, it wasn't worth the effort (to me) to run down to get a level 6. I always had a level 5. Now, I always have a level 6. And if I am in chat and someone ask, I will log in enough accounts to give anyone with skill 80-120 a level 6.

I am considering doing the same for skill-less focuses.

L

longshanks

does anyone have an answer as to why you can only put 12 pct sdi on an imbued jewelry, when max for pvp is 15?

just curious.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Enough to balance out the over insane damage that only tamers and archers can do in pvm.:thumbsup:
Nope there is not.
News flash, tamers are not the kings of pvm, sampires are, and have been for as long as the template has been in the game.

Ever seen a disco tamer with 5 frenzy work some spawn?
I must admit, that is a sight to behold, but any tamer that can keep them alive in any high end pvm context deserves to rule.

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cloak of death (which is actually a robe)
and
rangers cloak of augmentation

O

omgmir

News flash, tamers are not the kings of pvm, sampires are, and have been for as long as the template has been in the game.

I must admit, that is a sight to behold, but any tamer that can keep them alive in any high end pvm context deserves to rule.
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
All Kill
Oh shi-
$!@#!

:D

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever seen a disco tamer with 5 frenzy work some spawn? As far as the mage goes there is also the scribe bonus tweaked with a slayer spell book with 9SDI.

I have no idea what SDI means, the focus levels, spellweaving or anything like that.

but!

I do know the 5 frenzied ostards thing that tamers use to do, but the 'disco' part I gotta know about. I have an image of a person in bellbottoms and platform boots snorting cocaine while 5 ostards run around like mad ha!

I

Invalid

Necro Disco Tamer using corpse skin and a pack of hellhounds makes the ostard guy look weak :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do know the 5 frenzied ostards thing that tamers use to do, but the 'disco' part I gotta know about. I have an image of a person in bellbottoms and platform boots snorting cocaine while 5 ostards run around like mad ha!
ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the exception of hats, rings, bracelets, spell books, midnight bracers, pendant of the magi, and spellwoven britches, there are no other SDI items. Right?
Figured I go back and answer this.... this is what my mage wears:

Wizard's Crystal Reading Glasses (15)
Pendant of the Magi (5)
Crystalline Ring (20)
Ornament of the Magician (0, but need it in the suit)
Scrappers (25)
Sticher's Mittens (0, see Orny)
Midnight Bracers (10)
Armor of Fortune (0, completes LRC)
Spell Woven Britches (10)
Chaos Vesper Shield (0)
Totem of the Void (0)

With the LRC handled by the Pendant/Mittens/AoF, I might could replace the Orny with a Bracelet that is 1/3 with SDI and LMC....

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
trust me, after reading this thread, that was stuck in my head all day yesterday... ah crap, seems it is happening again today
I know, kinda makes you want to scrub the inside of your head with a wire brush...