• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

scrolls are ruining the game dont buy them.

A

Alex the Gray

I'm late on this but I'll throw my 2 cents into the circle.....
I liked the game before scrolls better. When a 7xgm meant quite a bit. You could be more diversified, I think.
But all this is just based on my play style, so may not be universal. Just my opinion

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

The idea that alacrity scrolls are ruining Siege seriously has to be coming from someone who has played Siege about 5 minutes... or Mas.
(Just kidding Mas... couldn't resist.)

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of Siege vets used to think ROT was a great idea. It's one of the things that makes Siege harder and keeps the Trammies on thier Trammy shards. Alacarty scrolls make Siege one step closer to every other shard and should be done away with. If anything.....they need to make ROT not work so well for training taming and such. ROT actually makes it easier to train certain skills which was obviously not the original intention.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

I mean honestly...

the sad thing is a lot of people walk away in love with Siege still...

or at least a polished working version of it.

RoT holds us back from growing fast. UO hasn't been growing at all in some time now... they have polls of closing shards (which might not be a bad idea in a big picture sort of thing but would be a challenge for those in the ones being closed.)

I'm sorry but we need specific attention for the Developers. You all should know we're getting new management shortly (Mythic) so I dunno how you all want to come off when they take a look at us.

I know almost everyone of us is tired from the past 3-4 years we've been working on fixing [censored] here...

people are tired. Someone needs to step up and not get discouraged... and not have the name Masamutek...

either way, it is what it is...

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point. However, this makes me ask myself; Do I want the Siege population to grow at the expense of attracting the types of player's that make me avoid Trammy shards?

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Lol, its easy to distinguish who plays tamers and who doesn't.

Siege = Trammieland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely, RARELY ever play my tamer and its mostly for farming or maybe a harrower on occasion.

Admittedly, Siege has a lot of trammel bleed-over, but for sure, the "if you won't play my way, I'm gonna run home with my dollies" is definitely a trammie mindset. You want to live in a little world all your own where you are unaffected by tamers. The same mindset applies to the trammies that don't want to be affected by pk's.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

The way the developers maintain the game fosters the trammie attitude. PvP is supposed to be a risk-all environment, but it's been turned into a "risk-all-but-what-I-want-to-keep" environment. Unless this changes, which I doubt, neither Siege nor any other shard will flourish like it could.

Let's look at tamers. Their pets are high powered (which isn't a problem), they can call them instantly from anywhere, AND on top of that they can't lose them. Is it so difficult to go tame another pet? We used to have two gate guards for SL on Atlantic that played Pre-AoS, and amazingly they always managed to tame a new dragon without crying like babies.

Let's look at stealth. You can INSTANTLY dissappear with a smoke bomb. You can navigate without having to worry about activating the skill. I'm sure some of you know Sandman, who was among the finest Pre-AoS thieves that I have had the pleasure of knowing, and he did it without all this stuff! Now anybody who picks up stealth is just as good as him. Why should he play?

These type of changes, which cater to a small minority of the playerbase, quickly crack the game balance in favor of whoever receives them. How many times has archery been buffed then nerfed? How many times have the newest features of the game become gamestopping issues?

When is this going to stop? Never, unless the ENTIRE PLAYERBASE determines it needs to.

S

Sir Ha-ward

Why is everyone so upset about the alacrity scrolls? You cant get em anymore can you? Eventually everyone will use em all up and theyll be gone right?

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

Sir i wish i knew. obviuosly EA better get crackin, i was purly making a joke and its exploded into another debate. its nice everyones still so dedicated to fixing the game (except the people fixing the game). i have no problem with the scrolls, i dont play there for i dont use them.
the game still angers me but i do like to talk to freinds.
hope this all works out for yall.

N

Noc

<blockquote><hr>

These type of changes, which cater to a small minority of the playerbase, quickly crack the game balance in favor of whoever receives them. How many times has archery been buffed then nerfed? How many times have the newest features of the game become gamestopping issues?

When is this going to stop? Never, unless the ENTIRE PLAYERBASE determines it needs to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to disagree with the "small minority" part. This topic wouldn't even be mentioned if it weren't held by the "majority". Like the "Majority" either like or don't really care about these Alacrity Scrolls...I would say that is the majority, well on these boards anyway.

I have taken the buffs/nerfs to my template, so have many others but we keep on keepin on and roll with the punches....most of you who have seen me in the field prolly look at me with a laugh, thinking NoOb. Least I'm here having fun with this game....I could be working...ugh

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What's currently ruining the game on Siege:
1. Stealth
2. Tamers
3. Dismount

Remove these 3 things and you will have accounts reopening tomorrow.

you hit the nail on the head!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I would tend to disagree with the "small minority" part. This topic wouldn't even be mentioned if it weren't held by the "majority".

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. We've all heard of the "silent majority."

C

CorwinWE

<blockquote><hr>

You make a good point. However, this makes me ask myself; Do I want the Siege population to grow at the expense of attracting the types of player's that make me avoid Trammy shards?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROT actually makes it easier to build a character, but most players don't have the patience or the ability to login a character every xxx minutes to get that gain.

For a long time you could reset the ROT timer by just crossing a server line, at another time ROT was yanked; and while there was much complaining about the unwashed masses who hit the shard during those periods, all and all I'd say it was far better to get the the good and the bad that came of that, then to get nothing.

In this day and age, anyone who really wants to play the shard and be competitive right away would just buy an existing account anyway. It's just another form of account transfer.

G

I think tamers just need more of a penalty when they die. I think it would do a lot to equal them out if pets suffered more harsh skill loss in pvp. Like if a pet lost 2-5 skill points when killed by a player.

G

dismounting with a bola is totally different though. U see them menacingly swinging and they have to be disarmed to use it. Thats a lot different then a wallop from a nice heavy. i think only pole arms should have dismount. If anything a heavy should have armor pierce.

J

Jakylpops

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ROT actually makes it easier to build a character, but most players don't have the patience or the ability to login a character every xxx minutes to get that gain.

For a long time you could reset the ROT timer by just crossing a server line, at another time ROT was yanked; and while there was much complaining about the unwashed masses who hit the shard during those periods, all and all I'd say it was far better to get the the good and the bad that came of that, then to get nothing.

In this day and age, anyone who really wants to play the shard and be competitive right away would just buy an existing account anyway. It's just another form of account transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anyone still playing that is actually happy with the ROT system in it's current form?

I personally have a few new templates that I'd like to try, but I'm not willing to even start them on siege because I know damn well I'll never finish them before I get sick of it and quit playing again...meanwhile I can just build what I want on a prodo shard and have it all ready to go in under a week.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

Its kind of hard to have a good discussion on these boards. This is not a cry thread. apparently some people did not read the entire post. Pestilence said he thought alacrity scrolls were ruining the game. I said i like alacrity scrolls and that i thought it would be cool to have them spawn at the illsh spawns. The point of this post was to discuss things we did not like about the game and how we could make them better as well as new ideas for the games direction. DO NOT mistake this as a cry post and DO NOT use it attack other peoples ideas. That would be childish. All i wanted was to hear some ideas from posters. First i wanted to hear why pestilence thought alacrity scrolls are ruining the game. second i wanted to hear what the community thinks is ruining the game. third i wanted to hear some good ideas on how to improve the game. fourth some new ideas on how to make the game better with new skills. New quests ect. please stop stop thinking argumentative and start thinking creative. stop mud slinging each other. And do not post something that you dont like about the game w/o posting an idea to make it better. For instance I said i did not like how tamers had the only pets that could bond. Then i added some ideas on how to equal that with the other pet classes. Im talking about tamers as PVM chars not pvp chars. I guess this is my fault for posting to broad a topic. But think creative on this thread and once again plz do not make posts bashing other peoples ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]
If a person kicks an ant-hill colony then the ants may crawl upon that person.
It goes with the kicking.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I think tamers just need more of a penalty when they die. I think it would do a lot to equal them out if pets suffered more harsh skill loss in pvp. Like if a pet lost 2-5 skill points when killed by a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pet stat loss is another great idea...

M

Masumatek

"Is there anyone still playing that is actually happy with the ROT system in it's current form?"

Yah, all the bleep bleep bleeps who think ROT is hard (they're wrong), protects us by keeping out trash (lol...look around), or want people to "suffer" through ROT like they did (jerks).

J

Jakylpops

Pet stat loss has always seemed like the perfect solution to me, not this pathetic -.1 stuff we have right now either.

Bare minimum I would like to see something similar to the faction stat loss, pet loses 33% for 20 minutes would at least give you the possibility of taking the tamer out of the fight for more the two minutes it currently takes them to res/heal pet back to full health. I'd like to see more, but hey, I'm a realist, there's no point in asking for anything that's just going to cause more trammies to leave the game, we need them to help pay the bills too.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I'm divided on the issue. I certainly have respect for the trammel playstyle, it's a way of life in UO and it certainly isn't something we can do away with and expect the game to survive.

On the other hand, every time the developers give the trammies something, they want more. They want the game handed to them on a silver platter, and they don't want to have to play to accomplish anything. If you don't play to accomplish things, what the hell is the point?

Implementations like Pet Balls of Summoning, Bags of Sending, Insurance, etc... are things that appeal to trammel players because they don't have to do as much. In felucca, however, and on SP, those things create significant imbalances in the system.

One might think the veteran shard would have a veteran ruleset where nothing comes easy. That is what I strive for. If all of these trammel-based conveniences were not in the game, there would be no reason for RoT.

N

Noc

well said Sergul....this is Siege not McDonalds.

Earn what you aquire and it is appreciated, if it is handed out the desire to keep comming back is sown...blah blah blah